Warriors Hire Mark Jackson

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Warriors name Mark Jackson, a 17-year NBA veteran as a player and current ABC/ESPN broadcaster, as the team?s new head coach. Disappointing, cause I really wanted this guy to coach in NY.

Cue DuckTales argument how this belongs in the other thread.

Lmao. I hope he knows what he's doing. Or he'll be back in commentary in no time.

For all the Knick fans who want him as coach I have no idea why..

Marek

Benchwarmer
THANK GOD!!!

I'm so glad NY will not be the Guinea pigs for his first ever coaching job.
It won't go well in Golden State over the next few years.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Yeah, we cant experiment now. He knows basketball, but we all know knowledge of a game doesnt mean you deserve to be a coach.

Give me someone like Lawrence Frank, he's coached before, stayed one year with a great Celtic team, he saw first hand what the hell is wrong with us. Bring him here.

Side note, he reminds me of Van Gundy, Spoeltra looks like little Riely with his good hair. Only right we get Frank.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Good for him. Tired of seeing his disgruntled face on ABC.

I think he'll be better as a coach than he is as a commentator, which may not be saying much..

Marek

Benchwarmer
Mama there go that man!

He may have missed that three with 18 seconds left on the clock with no rebounders in position, but that was a good shot.

When your man puts the ball on the floor, you gotta stay in front of him.

The best player has to set the tone for this team!

That's a grown man move right there!

You're better than that!

STAT1

Starter
Good for him. Tired of seeing his disgruntled face on ABC.

I think he'll be better as a coach than he is as a commentator, which may not be saying much..

LOL! I totally agree. I've never really cared for his monotone commentary, dude has zero personality. At least JVG makes me laugh every once in a while with the outlandish things he says. Jax is just boring to listen to.

petescud

Starter
I think Marc will be a good coach, but not for a few years...i'm sure JVG t6old him a lot of step savers

Blumatic

Rotation player
Marc J Spears tweeted that Lawrence Frank took his name out of the Warriors coaching job search. Interesting..............

Marek

Benchwarmer
Marc J Spears tweeted that Lawrence Frank took his name out of the Warriors coaching job search. Interesting..............

Yeah, like 2 hours before the Warriors announced that they're going with Mark Jackson.

Frank didn't find another job. He found out that he's not getting this job.

iJoe

Rotation player
So glad I'm not the only one that hates his commentary. Guy is captain obvious. He never says anything remotely interesting. Just repeats the same old play by play but with a louder voice.

Warriors are gonna hate him unless they change up their roster. I predict a firing sooner rather than later.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
So glad I'm not the only one that hates his commentary. Guy is captain obvious. He never says anything remotely interesting. Just repeats the same old play by play but with a louder voice.

Warriors are gonna hate him unless they change up their roster. I predict a firing sooner rather than later.
Just imagine him using those lines while coaching...

Jackson is starting to annoy me with all his 'He needs to proof that he's the baddest man on the court.....I did this I did that' talk.

He was good yeah, but this guy has a JOrdan like ego...my goodness.

Time to show what you can do Marky Mark lol

Red

TYPE-A
GOAT dont care what anyone has to say. Great hire better than what we got.

F*ck all you Jackson haters. The man is getting a well deserved opportunity and has paid his dues many times over.

No wonder you support D'antoni. Its obvious you haven't a clue of what you speak. Basing your idiotic opinions on Jacksons entertainment value as a commentator. And you call yourself Knick fans? F*cking pathetic.

When you analyze his commentary which entails THE TRUTH and listen to hi observations, he conveys more knowledge of the game in one sentence than D'Antoni has shown his entire career, one sentence.

Added, he has formed a very well received repoire with another staple of Knicks basetball during one of the best era's we've witnessed. Good job Jackson, you deserve it, hope all goes well in your endevours.

F*cking dumbass haters, don't know your a$$ from your elbows.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
F*ck all you Jackson haters. The man is getting a well deserved opportunity and has paid his dues many times over.

No wonder you support D'antoni. Its obvious you haven't a clue of what you speak. Basing your idiotic opinions on Jacksons entertainment value as a commentator. And you call yourself Knick fans? F*cking pathetic.

When you analyze his commentary which entails THE TRUTH and listen to hi observations, he conveys more knowledge of the game in one sentence than D'Antoni has shown his entire career, one sentence.

Added, he has formed a very well received repoire with another staple of Knicks basetball during one of the best era's we've witnessed. Good job Jackson, you deserve it, hope all goes well in your endevours.

F*cking dumbass haters, don't know your a$$ from your elbows.

He should ****ing be our coach Red. We should have let him be our coach when we were purging our roster with the like or QBICTCH etc.....

Mark Jackson has one of the best minds in the game and you will soon see it out West.:2cents:

Lol if Jackson fails in GS I will dig this thread back up.. Not saying he won't coach.. Just saying no one does... He's never coached before.. on any level.. and I DO NOT want MY KNICKS being a test rat for a first time coach..