Jeff Foote C 7' 1"Cornell and the Jamaican Hurricane should be signed by NYK ASAP!

Dude, I didnt even watch the entire vid. I stopped at the pump fake over the back of his neck move. Great find on this kid. I know its a highlight real but it looks like just he's just what we need. I gotta 2nd this post...

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
Just checked his stats. Why didnt he play this year?

Jeff Foote was in Europe playing Professional Basketball this past year

NYK will hit gold when they bring Foote and Jordan on the Roster

NYK Management has to be clever to gather the players we keep while collecting players we can package for CP3/D. Williams/or Howard:crossfingers:

all depends how things turn out with CBA and Free Agency

that will be intriguing

whatever NYK do they have to keep Foote and Jordan:beer::gony::thumbsup:

Started researching this kid looks like he played for a spanish team last year. I must say I am impressed with the offensive and defensive skills the vid shows. I didnt see him use his left except for a put back, but if he can get that hook down with both hands he could develop into a top 5-10 center in the league.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I like Foote's passing ability and court awarness... He should translate to a decent big man in the nba... Kinda reminds me of a raw Pau Gasol.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
+ 1.

1. Billups, Douglas
2. Pietrus, Fields
3. Melo, Walker, G Hill
4. Stat, Shawne Williams
5. J Jordan, Jeff Foote

Dat looks to solid.

It would be crazy for the Knicks not to at least give a look to an athletic 7-footer who is just out there for the taking.

The only thing I could find online was that Foote was one of the players invited to this last Thursday's Knicks free agent workouts, but nothing about if he was actually there or how he did.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
This kid is in the draft? I'm pretty sure that he is gone before the Knicks pick. That being said, everyone looks good in a highlight reel. But he fits every need the Knicks have.

Marek

Benchwarmer
This kid is in the draft? I'm pretty sure that he is gone before the Knicks pick. That being said, everyone looks good in a highlight reel. But he fits every need the Knicks have.

Free agent.

Looks like Maccabi Tel Aviv owns him for two more years (after having loaned him to Spanish Melilla Baloncesto last season). But NY had him in for open FA workouts, so I guess they're confident they can take care of that detail.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
While the kid does look very athletic and i saw some nice passes on that highlight reel... i'm still wary of someone who's college numbers aren't even that great. If he's so good, how come he only averaged 12.3 pts and 2.3 assists during his best years at cornell? I mean, it's not like cornell is in the best conference...

Marek

Benchwarmer
Which is why he went undrafted last year. And why Maccabi didn't even play him and sent him to a B-league in Spain for a year.

Unless he blew up in Spain, I'm not going to get TOO excited. But if he's another Mozgov, then great. It's all up to how well he did in the FA workouts. I haven't heard/read any buzz about him, so...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
It's smart to due our due-deligence and atleast take a look at him. Not sure he's ready to be a rotation player or anything like that yet. He looked nice in the highlight reels. He seemed to have some toughness to em, but the NBA is a different league.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean, the dude is 7'1" and went undrafted. I know players can make a huge improvement, and who knows this kid might be amazing, but I won't hold my breath...

I do think Jerome Jordan should get a shot here eventually once he gets healthy

mafra

Legend
Here's another BIG to keep an eye on:

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2011/05/26/prospect-look-vernon-goodridge/

Prospect Look: Vernon Goodridge

By Tommy Dee on May 26, 2011, 10:59 am

If you go to draftexpress it has the name Vernon Goodridge listed as the #30 overall prospect in the D-League with some unimpressive stats. He?s behind bigger names like former Net Sean Williams, Nick Fazekas, Courtney Sims, who the Knicks brought into camp, and Jermareo Davidson. If you asked me what the difference between those players are I would tell you simply ?not much.? You can search full game videos on the D-League site to give you a better idea of what Goodridge can do here seeing that everyone looks good in a highlight reel.

I was really adamant about obtaining Williams, who we knew was available when he was a Net, but he most certainly didn?t take advantage of his NBA opportunity and will be lucky to get another. The point is, the Knicks still have that need to fill.

Goodridge?s name was mentioned in a NY Post article during the season and again last week by Hahn, who made the great point that the Knicks should be on the lookout for cheap, veteran players like they did back in the 1990s with Starks and Mason. Guys with heart and energy.

I was constantly asked to write about Vernon, a 6?9 athletic freak with a 7?3 wingspan and 35 plus inch vertical by his people. He?s a Brooklyn kid who spent time in the D-League last year after having an impressive showing in Golden State?s camp. I told them I don?t want to write anything until I saw him live.

Last night I did.

Honestly, I was expecting to be unimpressed and I came away thinking that Goodridge can play in the NBA. In today?s NBA. It is clear that most NBA executives are on the hunt for players like Serge Ibaka, long, lean forward/centers who can run the floor and guard the rim. It seems that the days of the post up 7-footers are coming to an end. Every big man has to be able to run, shoot and pick and roll, and not just if they play for Mike D?Antoni.

The Knicks have a particular need up front. They need someone who can play with Amar?e and Carmelo, and they could use someone off the bench who can play with either of them. I think from a defensive standpoint, Goodridge is a good option from what I saw. He has great footwork, excellent hands and anticipation and foot speed for someone of his size. He?s not a space eater, but he?s more adapted to the league than, say, an Earl Barron.
I know those anti-D?Antoni fans will doubt that he?ll see the court even if he does impress the Knicks, who have invited to bring him to their June 8th big man workout and that may be fair. But no one remembers that Pat Riley wasn?t in a rush to play Mason or Starks minutes either. They fought and earned them.

The team needs cheap big players up front and will also see what they have in Jerome Jordan. Goodridge is 27 and is hungry for a taste of the league and he?s more seasoned than anyone the Knicks could bring in via next month?s draft and that is a fact. People like to talk about the upside of a Jeremy Tyler, but who knows if he?s able to contribute at the NBA level. But hey, at least he has professional experience.

Goodridge is an NBA body and someone that if I were in charge I?d take an extremely hard look at and invite him to camp right away before another team scoops him up. Getting a job in the league is about the timing of the opportunity more so than anything, and Goodridge is in the best shape of his life and has been improving every year evident in his counter post moves and his developing range with his jumper than extends out to 15-feet with elbow angles. Good, high release and rotation.

======

Add this guy, along with FOOTE... Take a gamble on B-Wells or Joe Alexander. Draft Singleton and a PG. Sign a free agent or 2. Give it a go!

+ 1.

1. Billups, Douglas,
2. Pietrus, Fields
3. Melo, Walker, G Hill
4. Stat, Shawne Williams
5. J Jordan, Jeff Foote

Dat looks to solid.

PG Billups, Douglas, Carter Until we get CP3
SG Richardson, Fields,Thompson I gotta think we can get Richardson for 5-6 mill per for 3 years.
SF Melo Shawne Williams, Walker
PF STAT, Jeff Foster, Turiaf
C Jordan, Turiaf, Foote, Jeff Foster

Draft the kid Thompson...