Dirk Calls LeBron/Wade "Childish/Ignorant."

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
drexler does have a chip (2nd rockets title). but yea i think drexler was a notch below wade.
although i dont know where all these wade compliments are coming from.
yea he had a great finals but the refs gave him call after call. yea he averages lotta points but this the generation of the offense friendly nba with no handcheck rules that specifically promote more scoring and help out guards.
not saying drexler was better but dont discredit what clyde the glide drexler did in that era and took the blazers to the finals against mj and the bulls

Where's Clyde's championship?

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
espnDal_dirk_d1_300.jpg

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
drexler does have a chip (2nd rockets title). but yea i think drexler was a notch below wade.
although i dont know where all these wade compliments are coming from.
yea he had a great finals but the refs gave him call after call. yea he averages lotta points but this the generation of the offense friendly nba with no handcheck rules that specifically promote more scoring and help out guards.
not saying drexler was better but dont discredit what clyde the glide drexler did in that era and took the blazers to the finals against mj and the bulls

Feck! I forgot all about that chip w Houston.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'm not even sure I can say Wade is better than T-Mac over his NBA career either, much less Kobe. From '00 - '08, T-Mac's #'s are actually better than Wade's over his 7 year career. George Gervin's career #'s are better than Wade's too for that matter.

You know, it's really shocking to think about T-Mac now and realize that his career is going to be remembered because of the injuries. 10 years ago I thought he, not Kobe, was going to be the next face of the NBA...and for a couple of years there it really looked like it. T-Mac in the prime of his health was GODLY.

smokes

Huge Member
I think 20 years from now, people will remember Kobe as 1 of the greatest G's to play the game (& I'm not saying this cuz I'm a Kobe fan, but I do have respect for what the guy has been able to accomplish over his NBA career). I think Wade will be remembered as a very good player but not as a legend. Certainly not being mentioned in the same sentence as MJ or Kobe.

As for Lebron, taking all personal dislike for him out of the equation & just basing this judgement on his basketball talent & ability, I think you have to say that he's still clearly the Miami Heat's best player. I mean don't you think it's pretty silly to say that a guy who's averaged 28 / 8 / 7 over his NBA career in the playoffs is somehow below D Wade just because he had that 1 great NBA Finals with Shaq on his team? Obviously this season Lebron struggled mightily in the Finals (& believe me I enjoyed every minute of it), but I've also seen him carry the Cavs pretty much all by himself to the NBA Finals. I don't think Wade could ever do that.

Well if its a question of who do you think is better Lebron or Wade I would say Wade every time.

The main reason being he has that killer instinct, eye of the tiger, whatever you want to call it. To perform his absolute best under the most intense pressure. Lebron doesn't have it.

Players like Kobe, Wade, MJ, even Melo have this 6th gear where when the chips are down, every spot on the floor is their spot. I remember when we were up 20 in the fourth quarter on Miami in MSG (this was in 2009) and you just saw Wade get that glint in his eye.

I mean seriously... A 6'8 forward and the most athletic player EVER in the NBA, getting locked down by a 38 year old Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion? Getting schooled by Deshawn Stevenson?!?! Wade > Lebron at this moment.

STAT1

Starter
Well if its a question of who do you think is better Lebron or Wade I would say Wade every time.

The main reason being he has that killer instinct, eye of the tiger, whatever you want to call it. To perform his absolute best under the most intense pressure. Lebron doesn't have it.

Players like Kobe, Wade, MJ, even Melo have this 6th gear where when the chips are down, every spot on the floor is their spot. I remember when we were up 20 in the fourth quarter on Miami in MSG (this was in 2009) and you just saw Wade get that glint in his eye.

I mean seriously... A 6'8 forward and the most athletic player EVER in the NBA, getting locked down by a 38 year old Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion? Getting schooled by Deshawn Stevenson?!?! Wade > Lebron at this moment.

I think Lebron locked himself down in this series, it really looked to me like he didn't want to step on Wade's toes. He also felt the pressure bigtime, you could tell he was tight throughout the series w/his J. But I have also seen him step up in big moments & hit big shots for his teams when he was with the Cavs as well. I don't think you just all of a sudden lose the ability to do those things over 1 season & relocation. I think once this guy gets comfortable w/his situation & his leadership role on that team, he'll be going back to being the guy we saw in Cleveland.

As for D Wade always stepping up when the pressure is on, all I know is he committed about 3 or 4 huge turnovers in the stretch of games 5 & 6 that absolutely killed any chance of the Heat coming back to win those games. I mean these were just inexplicable turnovers too, absolutely no reason for them other than him just choking in a big spot & losing his focus, bouncing the balls off his feet while dribbling or fumbling a pass out of bounds because he wasn't paying attention to actually catching the ball before he tried to make his drive towards the hoop. For a guy who supposedly thrives when the heat is on, he came up very small for them in the stretch moments of the final 2 losses in this series.

STAT1

Starter
Nah dude, look at the numbers comprehensively. Wade scores a little less but his rebound, assist, steals, blocks are all better for his career. Gervin is definitely in the conversation too though.

I'm not even gonna touch that T-mac comment.

Gervin's CAREER averages are 25 / 5 / 3 & he shot over 50%... for his CAREER dude. That's spanning 16 total seasons in the NBA & ABA. The only statline where Wade wins out is in average assists, & that's only calculated over half as many seasons, so the older he gets the worse those #'s will become eventually. Gervin is not only in the conversation, he's ahead of the conversation.

Not sure why you won't touch the T-Mac comment. I think comparing him to Wade is highly justified. When he was in his prime duke was scary good. For a stretch of about 6 years there he was probably 1 of the top 2 or 3 players in the NBA easily. The numbers he put up during those years are crazy. I think his averages from '00 - 07 were something like 27 / 6 / 6. Those are better #'s than Wade's averaged over his NBA career. & Remember also that T-Mac & Kobe both came straight out of HS as 18 yo kids & never had the benefit of maturing & playing college ball like Wade did at Marquette. For that reason I don't even count the first few years of T-Mac or Kobe's careers when they were just starting to learn the game & growing into their own bodies.

smokes

Huge Member
I think Lebron locked himself down in this series, it really looked to me like he didn't want to step on Wade's toes. He also felt the pressure bigtime, you could tell he was tight throughout the series w/his J. But I have also seen him step up in big moments & hit big shots for his teams when he was with the Cavs as well. I don't think you just all of a sudden lose the ability to do those things over 1 season & relocation. I think once this guy gets comfortable w/his situation & his leadership role on that team, he'll be going back to being the guy we saw in Cleveland.

As for D Wade always stepping up when the pressure is on, all I know is he committed about 3 or 4 huge turnovers in the stretch of games 5 & 6 that absolutely killed any chance of the Heat coming back to win those games. I mean these were just inexplicable turnovers too, absolutely no reason for them other than him just choking in a big spot & losing his focus, bouncing the balls off his feet while dribbling or fumbling a pass out of bounds because he wasn't paying attention to actually catching the ball before he tried to make his drive towards the hoop. For a guy who supposedly thrives when the heat is on, he came up very small for them in the stretch moments of the final 2 losses in this series.

Wade had a few bad plays but at least he tried. He also hit some big shots and in Miami's wins, he was the main reason.

Lebron looked scared of the ball in every 4th quarter of that series when it was close. Wade was carrying 2 other superstars in some of those games. No wonder he made mistakes like that when the "best player in the NBA" is giving up the ball to Eddie House in crunch time.

STAT1

Starter
Wade had a few bad plays but at least he tried. He also hit some big shots and in Miami's wins, he was the main reason.

Lebron looked scared of the ball in every 4th quarter of that series when it was close. Wade was carrying 2 other superstars in some of those games. No wonder he made mistakes like that when the "best player in the NBA" is giving up the ball to Eddie House in crunch time.

Look I'm not trying to make excuses for Lebron he absolutely came up small in this Finals it's not even a question. All I'm saying is some of you are talking up D Wade like he's an alltime great because of 1 awesome Finals he had in '06. To me he's a very good player HOF calibre no doubt, but not a top 5 alltimer, at least not right now. In a few years with a few more awesome seasons, who knows, maybe my opinion changes. Wade's only played 8 years. He needs to keep up this pace for another 8 before he deserves to be talked about with guys like MJ or Kobe.

smokes

Huge Member
Look I'm not trying to make excuses for Lebron he absolutely came up small in this Finals it's not even a question. All I'm saying is some of you are talking up D Wade like he's an alltime great because of 1 awesome Finals he had in '06. To me he's a very good player HOF calibre no doubt, but not a top 5 alltimer, at least not right now. In a few years with a few more awesome seasons, who knows, maybe my opinion changes. Wade's only played 8 years. He needs to keep up this pace for another 8 before he deserves to be talked about with guys like MJ or Kobe.

Personally I never said anything about him being an all time great or a top 5 all time SG.

The only thing I said is if you're comparing current players to Kobe, Wade tops that list ahead of Lebron.

Lebron has been talked about with the likes of MJ and Kobe for years now and it's totally unwarranted.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Gervin's CAREER averages are 25 / 5 / 3 & he shot over 50%... for his CAREER dude. That's spanning 16 total seasons in the NBA & ABA. The only statline where Wade wins out is in average assists, & that's only calculated over half as many seasons, so the older he gets the worse those #'s will become eventually. Gervin is not only in the conversation, he's ahead of the conversation.

Not sure why you won't touch the T-Mac comment. I think comparing him to Wade is highly justified. When he was in his prime duke was scary good. For a stretch of about 6 years there he was probably 1 of the top 2 or 3 players in the NBA easily. The numbers he put up during those years are crazy. I think his averages from '00 - 07 were something like 27 / 6 / 6. Those are better #'s than Wade's averaged over his NBA career. & Remember also that T-Mac & Kobe both came straight out of HS as 18 yo kids & never had the benefit of maturing & playing college ball like Wade did at Marquette. For that reason I don't even count the first few years of T-Mac or Kobe's careers when they were just starting to learn the game & growing into their own bodies.

T-Mac does not deserve to be in the convo w Wade. Wade's been more consistent over a longer period. T'mac's shooting percentage over his career is garbage. His career averages are significantly lower than Wade. T-mac is not like Kobe and Wade. Plus he admitted at one point that he didn't practice hard.. Loser. Stop w T-mac..

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Lebron James' heart pumps cool-aid. Wade is :canibal: a killah...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Personally I never said anything about him being an all time great or a top 5 all time SG.

The only thing I said is if you're comparing current players to Kobe, Wade tops that list ahead of Lebron.

Lebron has been talked about with the likes of MJ and Kobe for years now and it's totally unwarranted.

That's one thing I've thought about for the longest time. People keep comparing LeBron and MJ...what about KOBE? Has the media suddenly forgotten that Kobe has 5 rings? Or that LeBron has yet to win a title?

Honestly at this point Wade is a more accomplished player than LeBron is. LeBron has the individual accolades but LeBron has not led his team to victory in the finals yet...until he does...