Fredette Rumours Resurface

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
One of the most prolific shooters in NCAA history could have been a Knick last summer.

This June, the club has an opportunity to trade up to draft the native of Glens Falls, New York. An opportunity, the team is likely to pursue.

Alan Hahn, from Newsday.com, has the inside scoop on the Knicks pursuit of Jimmer:

There are plenty of expectations for the BYU star, who was the college Player of the Year this past season. And one of them is that he won?t be available for the Knicks , who have the 17th overall pick in the NBA draft. But according to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Knicks are looking for a deal that will help them move up in the draft to land the sharpshooter from upstate Glens Falls.

The issue, of course, is the team?s lack of assets to offer in a trade, which, right now, would be to offer either Toney Douglas or Landry Fields along with their pick.

Currently, NBADraft.net has defensive-minded Florida State forward Chris Singleton (6-9, 230) going to New York at #17.

In other news, the team is considering inviting Bonzi Wells to training camp. Marc Berman from the New York Post had this to say:

At their two-day free-agent tryout camp that ended yesterday, the player that by far impressed the most was 34-year-old veteran shooting guard Bonzi Wells, who has been out of the league since 2008.

The Knicks actually are considering inviting him to training camp ? whenever that is, pending a new labor agreement. Whether they offer him a guaranteed pact is unclear.

It looks like the front office plans to be busy this off-season, and it wouldn?t surprise me, if the Knicks are an active participant starting draft night ? June 23.

If we lose Fields for Fredette, I am going to shoot that 'stache off D'Antoni's face.

Word..Jimmer better go from leading the nation in scoring to leading the NBA in scoring if we lose Fields over him.. If it's Toney however... I think I may be ok with it..

Word..Jimmer better go from leading the nation in scoring to leading the NBA in scoring if we lose Fields over him.. If it's Toney however... I think I may be ok with it..

Don't understand that bro.

If I remember correctly, it was Fields who was the worst player on our roster since the All Star Break.

Toney had great scoring games (the 3 pt record and all) and some good defensive games.

I'd rather trade both of them plus Walker and Billups to New Orleans, for you know who....:thumbsup:

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
but what would we be really gaining if we get jimmer and lose toney. they're basically the same in what they bring, in fact, we lose a bit of defense if we lose toney.
also, scoring is NOT what this team needs. we need to get that through our heads, more importantly, NYK management needs to get that through its head. we need defense/rebounding/quality depth.

If I remember correctly, it was Fields who was the worst player on our roster since the All Star Break.

Toney had great scoring games (the 3 pt record and all) and some good defensive games.

I'd rather trade both of them plus Walker and Billups to New Orleans, for you know who....:thumbsup:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Fredette

Fredette is a D'Antoni system player. A perimeter shooter who does not play defense. If we take Fredette, we are investing in the D'Antoni system. I am not for it. If we are going to move up, I would rather take a chance on Biyombo -- though one analyst observed that he saw him play a one on none game and lost.

Last edited:

It was Fields rookie year. IMO he just hit the wall.. He has a much higher ceiling than Toney and plays his position better than Toney plays his. Toney is a SG in a PG's body. His defense is overrated (Got lit up by Rondo in the playoffs) and he's a streaky type shooter. Can't run the offense to save his life really. With Jimmer atleast we get a more consistent shooter, who can also run the offense alittle better than Toney can although we lose a BIT of defense.

nyk_nyk

All Star

D.J. Mbenga?

nyk_nyk

All Star
Take the best player possible...period. If that means Jimmer than I am for it.

I understand your view of taking the best player possible, but it has to be the best player available for the knicks. We need rebounding, defense and more size to seriously compete next season. Jimmer was an incredible player for BYU but he won't get the same freedom playing with Melo, Amare and Billups and I'm not even sure he's a pass first pg.

moneyg

Starter
I understand your view of taking the best player possible, but it has to be the best player available for the knicks. We need rebounding, defense and more size to seriously compete next season. Jimmer was an incredible player for BYU but he won't get the same freedom playing with Melo, Amare and Billups and I'm not even sure he's a pass first pg.

u should know that trill is for any player that fits O'antoni's system of no defense and good shooting.....SMFH

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Sam Bowie was drafted before Michael Jordan for size, defense and rebounding needs...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
u should know that trill is for any player that fits O'antoni's system of no defense and good shooting.....SMFH

Hop off my dick DummyG. If you're bored and you need to troll go do it somewhere else with someone else. I could give a fu-ck about MDA or his system. I said best player available...

moneyg

Starter
Hop off my dick DummyG. If you're bored and you need to troll go do it somewhere else with someone else. I could give a fu-ck about MDA or his system. I said best player available...

wow.... considering you should never invite somebody to you wierner.. either you have no street ethics... or you act online like you wont act in the streets... trust anythin i say.. id say it to your face and anybody else... i never tried to disrespect you in that way and wont stoop to that level on a website....becuz i know your a kitten....

however your basketball IQ is lacking if you think we need the best player available even if he is a liabilty on defnse.. which we dont need... best player available excluding liablities on defense would be the best way to go

as for being a TROLL...i simply recongnize your luv for this coach and his no defensive strategy and have been wrong this whole years with your support for this dude... and look .. we got swept....just admit you know nothing about bball and what makes a champion.. i hope you and o'antoni live happily ever after..THE END

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
wow.... considering you should never invite somebody to you wierner.. either you have no street ethics... or you act online like you wont act in the streets... trust anythin i say.. id say it to your face and anybody else... i never tried to disrespect you in that way and wont stoop to that level on a website....becuz i know your a kitten....

however your basketball IQ is lacking if you think we need the best player available even if he is a liabilty on defnse.. which we dont need... best player available excluding liablities on defense would be the best way to go

as for being a TROLL...i simply recongnize your luv for this coach and his no defensive strategy and have been wrong this whole years with your support for this dude... and look .. we got swept....just admit you know nothing about bball and what makes a champion.. i hope you and o'antoni live happily ever after..THE END

Yea ok tough guy..no one was talking about the street except you, nimrod. I'm a 240 lb kitten with years of boxing and guarantee this kitten has claws that would tare your little "street" rat ass up.

No disrespect? I made a comment that had nothing to do with MDA and you decided to twist my words and "SMFH" at me. This is after you stay on my dick like a condom in multiple threads. Speak when spoken too DummyG or Ill twist you up and cancel your ass like G Money from New Jack City. :cool:

My basketball IQ is unquestioned by knowledgeable posters and I stay getting love with MVP and Tyson awards on this forum. You're just an attention seeking invisible chump trying hard to crack the rotation. Now stop riding my dick and go ride the bench where you belong.

Last edited:

dassknick

Benchwarmer
-Long time viewer, haven't posted in forever-

I would be absolutely thrilled if the Knicks drafted Jimmer or traded up to draft him.

I really don't understand the detest for this kid aka this year's most prolific player in college bball. Besides tIf you've followed his youtube segments (youtube.com/followjimmer) its pretty clear to see that he's got everything you look for in an athlete coming to NY. In terms of character, he reminds of Mark Sanchez - humble, polite and understands what it takes to win.

This fanbase is confusing - you guys talk about defense like its finding a d*mn blood diamond. It's not this elusive pursuit - its about effort and it can be taught. Jimmer isn't a scrub defensively either, he averaged over 1 steal / game last season. For any deficency in his D, I believe that he's going to put in all the extra-hours it takes to be elite. Last night, I was watching the Tom Brady "Year of the Quarterback" and all his father/him kept saying is that all the teams that passed on him throughout those rounds underestimated his heart. His dedication to getting better and perfectly his craft.

I've watched sports long enough to know that heart/intangibles matter. Dirk, Kidd, Terry vs. Wade, Lebron, Bosh. That is the most recent example of heart over talent. Plus, with Billups coming back from another year - any PG we draft is going to have an outstanding mentor.

jnuh

Rookie
-Long time viewer, haven't posted in forever-

I would be absolutely thrilled if the Knicks drafted Jimmer or traded up to draft him.

I really don't understand the detest for this kid aka this year's most prolific player in college bball. Besides tIf you've followed his youtube segments (youtube.com/followjimmer) its pretty clear to see that he's got everything you look for in an athlete coming to NY. In terms of character, he reminds of Mark Sanchez - humble, polite and understands what it takes to win.

This fanbase is confusing - you guys talk about defense like its finding a d*mn blood diamond. It's not this elusive pursuit - its about effort and it can be taught. Jimmer isn't a scrub defensively either, he averaged over 1 steal / game last season. For any deficency in his D, I believe that he's going to put in all the extra-hours it takes to be elite. Last night, I was watching the Tom Brady "Year of the Quarterback" and all his father/him kept saying is that all the teams that passed on him throughout those rounds underestimated his heart. His dedication to getting better and perfectly his craft.

I've watched sports long enough to know that heart/intangibles matter. Dirk, Kidd, Terry vs. Wade, Lebron, Bosh. That is the most recent example of heart over talent. Plus, with Billups coming back from another year - any PG we draft is going to have an outstanding mentor.

Very well said. I have a gut feeling about Jimmer as well and would love to see the Knicks draft him. It does depend on what we have to give up to trade up though.

I wouldnt mind Jimmer but I'd prefer the kid Thompson out of Wash. He has genes on his side so I think he'd be able to help the team day 1. He just seem to fit with STAT, Melo and when we get CP3. JMHO...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The truth is that this draft is weak for big men especially NBA ready bigs. We need impact players now and not another project that is going to play in Europe for a year+. We are much more likely to find a PG or combo guard that can contribute and add depth from the draft. Our MLE(if there is one) and S&T options mid year are better suited to add a veteran big to sure up our front line.

Drafting size simply because of need over best player very often get you Thabeet instead of Harden or Steph Curry. It gets you Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. It gets you Oden over Durant. etc. etc.

I will say it again...draft the best possible player available...period!

I want to say draft the best player available

but I feel like that is usually left for teams either A ) in full rebuilding mode
or

B)Elite teams with a high draft pick with no needs.

we are how ever

C) out of rebuilding mode, not yet elite, with needs.

We need size, we need a legit SG

and we need back up help

now pending on what moves we can make draft night

best player available for US, may not be best player available in the DRAFT.

thoughts ?