Should the Knicks sign Jerome Jordan to the 2011-12 season?

Kiyaman

Legend
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...6FCcNRRz3LU S1M Don't worry we already have a center.

After the 2010 summer league games 44th pick Jerome Jordan showed to be a better prospect to keep than the 37th pick Rautins. If the Knicks wouldve signed C-Jerome Jordan (rather than Rautins), then signed veteran FA Kurt Thomas (rather than Mason Jr.) for veteran bigman leadership-insurance... Amare wouldve had alot of bigman help from veteran leadership Kurt Thomas & Turiaf to help develope (rookie-centers) Jordan & Mozgov into forefilling certain bigmen roles off of the bench.
The Knicks having the "above" 5 bigmen players on the roster in their daily practice last season, I'm sure "AR, Gallo, and W.Chandler" wouldve held down the SF-rotation by adding scoring/rebounds/and shotblocking.

The Knicks chase on the 2011 February deadline wouldve been for a scoring-SG (to replace a season injury Azu).....not a high price scoring SF (Carmelo) that gives us the same-exact-skillz in our rotation we were getting from two young unexpensive SF (Gallo & W.Chandler).
The Knicks also overlook using SG-Walker as a starter (and 20 mpg SG) vs certain oponents to build Walker's confidence and chemistry with the starting-unit and bench-unit.
Rookie Landry Fields great performance shouldve only started 40 to 50 games (averaging 28 mpg) this past season to take alot of pressure off of Fields back from hitting the rookie wall at the 360 roster change.

Our coaching and transactions during the 2010-11 regular season leaves our roster at a need for 3 of the college prospects in the 2011-draft-class (SG-Marshon Brooks, SF-Kenneth Faried, and PF-Jordan Williams or PF-Jeremy Tylor), plus we have to sign our 44th pick C-Jerome Jordan from the 2010-draft-class for the 2011-12 season.

F-Kenneth Faried hustling-potential will give the Knicks a much better grinding performance on offense/defense in the paint than Shawn Williams. Plus Faried skills could be the prime backup or tandem partner for either Amare or Melo by crashing the boards for the defensive-rebounds while protecting the paint from oponents inside scoring.
Dennis Rodman had to personally give Kenneth Faried big-ups & props for being the only college player in decades to define Rodman's type of above the rim rebounding while protecting the paint area. Top-10 pick

SG-Marshon Brooks offense would fit well to take loads of pressure off of PG-Toney Douglas having a scoring-SG option in the backcourt under Chuancy Billups halfcourt style setting.

C-Jerome Jordan & PF-Jordan Williams short playingtime minutes would take alot of pressure off of Amare by letting Amare rest throughout the first 3 quarters of each regular season game, especially the back to back games.

P.S. The Knicks having PG-Rautins under-contract for 2011-12 season puts a "stop" to drafting PG-Selby or 6.2 combo-Jimmers. :2cents:

Kiyaman

Legend
These FA players would except the minimum contract to play alongside of Amare/ Melo/and Billups.

Guards:
SG-Jermain Taylor, SG-Affalo, PG-Brooks, PG-Ishmeal Smith
Bigmen: C/F-DJ Mbenga, PF-Sean Williams, PF-Joey Dorsey

There are some potential unexpensive FA on the market in this 2011-offseason....but do the Knicks have the coaching-staff to develope these FA to the next-level of their NBA B.Ball skills to fit into the Knicks-Big-3?
HELL NO!

These FA players would except the minimum contract to play alongside of Amare/ Melo/and Billups.

Guards:
SG-Jermain Taylor, SG-Affalo, PG-Brooks, PG-Ishmeal Smith
Bigmen: C/F-DJ Mbenga, PF-Sean Williams, PF-Joey Dorsey

There are some potential unexpensive FA on the market in this 2011-offseason....but do the Knicks have the coaching-staff to develope these FA to the next-level of their NBA B.Ball skills to fit into the Knicks-Big-3?
HELL NO!
There is not a chance in the world Affalo would accept a minimum contract, and you obviously haven't seen DJ Mbenga play, he's even worse than Jeffries. Also why would you want Brooks? He's worse than TD and he's a headcase when he hasn't proved anything in the league. The only players I wouldn't mind is Sean Williams and Dorsey (minimum contract).

Kiyaman

Legend
There is not a chance in the world Affalo would accept a minimum contract, and you obviously haven't seen DJ Mbenga play, he's even worse than Jeffries. Also why would you want Brooks? He's worse than TD and he's a headcase when he hasn't proved anything in the league. The only players I wouldn't mind is Sean Williams and Dorsey (minimum contract).

Affalo would be a STARTER on Billups winning Knicks team.....so Affalo
would have no problems accepting the minimum for a one year contract.

The right coaching-staff would show DJ Mbenga and Sean Williams how
to gain their NBA reputation by cleaning the glass, shotblocking, and
screening for Amare & Melo.

Brooks is a dynamic offensive combo-guard and TD is a dynamic defensive
combo-guard that PG-Billups could use both of their energy off the bench
to WIN.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

Affalo would be a STARTER on Billups winning Knicks team.....so Affalo would have no problems accepting the minimum for a one year contract.
Do you know how many teams want Afflalo? If he wanted to be on a winning team he could just join the Bulls who desperately need an SG or he can just join Miami, I love how your just assuming that Afflalo will accept a minimum when he can just join teams like Dallas, Chicago, Miami. Trust me I would love to have Afflalo but I just don't see it happening.

Brooks is a dynamic offensive combo-guard and TD is a dynamic defensive
combo-guard that PG-Billups could use both of their energy off the bench
to WIN.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:
We don't need offense we need DEFENSE. Did you watch the Knicks this season? We don't need a player like Brooks at all, the last thing we need is a player with a huge ego that doesn't play defense. TD is better than Brooks, better character, way better defender, and a better scorer. If TD played on the Rockets he could average 19 PPG as well.

CoolClyde

yesh kiya

si. signing our 7' center should be a priority; it's a no-brainer.
just like our coach.
if a defensive ass't coach materializes, maybe he'll know what to do with him.
we can only hope and pray.
damntoni.

nyk_nyk

All Star
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/development_center_RSeCqfMS6FCcNRRz3LUS1Ma high price scoring SF (Carmelo) that gives us the same-exact-skillz in our rotation we were getting from two young unexpensive SF (Gallo & W.Chandler).

This is where I have to disagree with you. Melo is high priced yes, but there is no question that Melo does things that Chandler or Gallo will never achieve. Melo is virtually unstoppable when he's locked in, plus he has that killer instinct mentality that only a few have.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is where I have to disagree with you. Melo is high priced yes, but there is no question that Melo does things that Chandler or Gallo will never achieve. Melo is virtually unstoppable when he's locked in, plus he has that killer instinct mentality that only a few have.

On the offensive-end of the court u are 100% right on Carmelo being
an unstoppable assassin....but on the defensive-end of the court
Carmelo performance is a Poodle vs Pit-Bull towards the 3 season jellin
of Chandler & Gallo. u have to admitt the two ex-Knicks players became
efficient "stoppers" when defending the SF & SG position this season.
They even did well defending the PF & SF positions during our streaks
this season. And yes I was suprise at how well their chemistry complimented
each other performance when Amare was resting on the bench.
:thumbsup: :gony: :thumbsup:

I dont know man
comparing gallo and chandler to melo is insane in my opinion.

WE lose by 20 in game two if we have gallo and chandler instead of melo dropping 42-17.

on gallo and chandlers best nights

they would combine for 42-17

melo did this by himself, that shows his potentially being 26 years old and not fully in his prime yet.

Melo is a top 5 player in the league, and has been for years, and people are too stupid to realize it.

he played kobe shot for shot in the WCF just 3 years ago, and only lost that season because JR smith is a moron and the Lakers well... they are the lakers.

I cant see a Carmelo anthony lead nuggets team, going out in 5 games the way the Nuggets with gallo and chandler did in the first round this year.

with a full training camp, improved chemistry, as well as some added pieces, melo will lead us to 55 wins this year, and we will be the 2nd seed in the east behind the heat.

watch and learn

Kiyaman

Legend
Do you know how many teams want Afflalo? If he wanted to be on a winning team he could just join the Bulls who desperately need an SG or he can just join Miami, I love how your just assuming that Afflalo will accept a minimum when he can just join teams like Dallas, Chicago, Miami. Trust me I would love to have Afflalo but I just don't see it happening.

Yes! u are exactly right on the many teams that will pay Afflalo more
money than the Knicks.... what u are not mentioning is how well Afflalo
perfomance would become hooking back-up with Billups & Melo to advance
to the ECF.
Whatever Afflalo could get now in a 5 year contract would practically
be doubled next offseason in a 5 to 6 year contract.

We don't need offense we need DEFENSE. Did you watch the Knicks this season? We don't need a player like Brooks at all, the last thing we need is a player with a huge ego that doesn't play defense. TD is better than Brooks, better character, way better defender, and a better scorer. If TD played on the Rockets he could average 19 PPG as well

Brooks is a great substitute vet-guard to have on the roster incase of injuries,
plus Brooks will learn alot from player/coach/leader PG-Billups in one season
than he learned throughout his career in the NBA.

As for the huge egotistical players in the NBA u cant go any hire than
Melo & Amare when it comes to poor service on the defensive-end
of the court.
This is why the Knicks have to select "Kenneth Faried" with the 17th pick
in the draft to add a consistent defensive-rebounder on the roster the
team could depend on each game. Having well rounded college defensive-
players on the roster in "PG-TD, SG-Fields, SF/PF-Faried, and C/PF-Turiaf"
scrambling on the defensive-end of the court gives the Knicks an edge....
Firing the Damnphony-brothers as coaches will give the Knicks a double-
edge sword on defense.
:thumbsup: :gony: :thumbsup:

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont know man
comparing gallo and chandler to melo is insane in my opinion.

WE lose by 20 in game two if we have gallo and chandler instead of melo dropping 42-17.

on gallo and chandlers best nights

they would combine for 42-17

melo did this by himself, that shows his potentially being 26 years old and not fully in his prime yet.

Melo is a top 5 player in the league, and has been for years, and people are too stupid to realize it.

he played kobe shot for shot in the WCF just 3 years ago, and only lost that season because JR smith is a moron and the Lakers well... they are the lakers.

I cant see a Carmelo anthony lead nuggets team, going out in 5 games the way the Nuggets with gallo and chandler did in the first round this year.

with a full training camp, improved chemistry, as well as some added pieces, melo will lead us to 55 wins this year, and we will be the 2nd seed in the east behind the heat.

watch and learn

Out of the 7 playoff seasons Melo had with the Denver Nuggets,
6 of those playoff seasons Melo Nuggets were knocked-out of the
playoffs in the first-round b/c of Melo's 40 minutes of poor-defense
and poor passing skills.
For u to mention the Denver Nuggets trip to the WCF, and exclude
it was all on the dynamic strength of a 40 minute "Chuancy Billups"
creative-team-leadership is outright distasteful for anyone to swallow.

u need to sit back and think how Melo's Denver teammates wouldve
perform in this playoff having Melo still in Denver......SWEEP!