who is the more popular among Knicks fans, Melo or STAT?

feetoe

Benchwarmer
was having a debate with my friends today and they said Melo is the more popular Knick based on jersey sales and overall talent. I feel STAT because he took the challenge to come to New York to revive the franchise to respectibility and in turn resulted in Melo coming here. so who do you think is the more respected and popular among the fans between the two, and whom should really be the leader of the team?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I feel as if this is Amar'e's team...

I dunno, he came here first, and he had to take the step up to revitalize the franchise.

For me personally it's Amare. I think that might be the same for most TRUE Knick fans.. But for the outsiders and bandwagoners it's probably Melo. Which I don't have a problem with.. they both on the KNICKS! :)

For me personally it's Amare. I think that might be the same for most TRUE Knick fans.. But for the outsiders and bandwagoners it's probably Melo. Which I don't have a problem with.. they both on the KNICKS! :)

yeh lol amare came to the knicks noing they were not a good team, if he didnt come to NY I dont think melo would be here right now personally.

Sage

Rotation player
It's STAT's team, wothout a doubt. He should be the leader of the team.

But if it's a question of popularity, I can see Melo winning that one. I for one like Melo's game more.

feetoe

Benchwarmer
you should add a poll to this

sorry forgot to do that, the edit function doesn't allow me to post a poll now but seems like STAT is the more popular. so was the end of the season just a fluke with Melo taking over because STAT was winded and injured, or do we expect to see more of this next season?

KingCharles34

All Star
I could give a fukk whos team it is, I'm more concerned with how our 2 or 3 stars play together. We saw the potential last year, I dont think they'll have any problem. Whens MSG gonna start playing more knicks games from last year? Im fiendin to see some Stat n melo no homo

nyk_nyk

All Star
For the people talking about who's team it is, that's irrelevent in the question of most popular. Melo is more popular than Amare because of his style of play and his ties to Syracuse. Also, he was born in BK AND his wife is well liked in NYC circles.

Amare gets plenty of respect for being the first major star to come here when no one would (although money played a major role in it). If Phx offered him what we did he wouldn't be here, period.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
that basically sums it up!
:beer:
For the people talking about who's team it is, that's irrelevent in the question of most popular. Melo is more popular than Amare because of his style of play and his ties to Syracuse. Also, he was born in BK AND his wife is well liked in NYC circles.

Amare gets plenty of respect for being the first major star to come here when no one would (although money played a major role in it). If Phx offered him what we did he wouldn't be here, period.