Toney Douglas for Omri Casspi???

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I'd do this trade, Omri can bring the same scoring punch off the bench much like Toney did. Plus, he's a lot taller and can be our starting sg/ backup sf. And from the few Kings game that I've seen, this kid is clutch.

Last edited:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yea but Omri would get mixed up like pancake batter if he started at the 2. Our starting 2 guard next year should be Brooks, Thompson, or Burks....end of story.

I wouldn't mind Omri off the bench tho.

Marek

Benchwarmer
Casspi is not a 2.
He would be an extra wing player adding depth off the bench.

This deal doesn't make sense unless NY figured something else out for a backup PG.

finestrg

Rotation player
I really don't understand this trade idea. It's kinda pointless --- I mean we can go out there RIGHT NOW and ink up a Joe Alexander or a DeShawn Sims (SF/PF) or a Matt Bouldin or Sylven Landesberg (SG) for next to nothing. No TD, no $3M in cash..Just straight up minimum wage signings..I personally think these guys are better than Omri Casspi anyway. All have much higher upside and better ability. Nothing against Casppi, he's a decent player, just like Toney's decent...They've both been about equal pros so far..Thing is we can add equal if not superior talent to Casspi without surrendering this much imho...W/O surrendering anything actually..TD and $3M cash are important assets we can use in other areas possibly (such as moving up in this draft or to acquire an additional pick(s). To blow them on Casspi seems out of leftfield and unnecessary to me..Makes us a little bigger on the wing I guess -- and in serious need of a backup PG now. A backup point now becomes 'critical,' upgraded from 'important.'

Tell ya what though, if we could get Sac's 2nd rounder at #35, that's a different story. I'd like the deal a whole lot better if we could get that pick. Now we'd be talkin'...I mean at least get their pick at #60. Gimmie something..We gotta get more in this deal --- Toney and Casspi are about equal players in the NBA right now. So what are we getting for the $3M cash???? That $3M cash is money I'd rather see them use in a draft-related trade, not this. If Dolan coughs up $3M in cash for this transaction, would he still be willing to allocate cash for a draft trade(s)? If not, I'd pass on this completely -- unless Sac was willing to throw in that pick at #35..

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
Yea but Omri would get mixed up like pancake batter if he started at the 2. Our starting 2 guard next year should be Brooks, Thompson, or Burks....end of story.

Agreed. Or I'd be OK with Brooks, Thompson, or Burks coming off the bench with Fields still starting..

Marek

Benchwarmer
Good point...TD and Casspi are pretty much equal players.
Why would we be throwing in $3m on top of that?

If this rumor has any legs, there's got to be more involved.
Otherwise, it's bunk.

NYKing

Rookie
Or maybe...

TDouglas + 3M = Casspi + pick35

pick35 could be Charles Jenkins, Darius Morris, Malcolm Lee... all good replacements for TD.

And Casspi at 22 age would be the "new Gallo" off the bench !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
An Isiah trade post.....foolishness

I'd do this trade, Omri can bring the same scoring punch off the bench much like Toney did. Plus, he's a lot taller and can be our starting sg/ backup sf. And from the few Kings game that I've seen, this kid is clutch.

Toney Douglas injury must be serious to make this trade....I like Casspi
peremeter shooting, I kept comparing Casspi with Gallo the past two
seasons.....Toney Douglas defensive-pressure in the backcourt is worth
more than Casspi and a 2nd round pick.
Casspi equals Shawn Williams....

Sorry, but none of those draft picks are a Starter in the NBA for the
next 2 seasons....their scoring ability cant touch Landry Fields high IQ
in the backcourt with a ten foot pole.
The Knicks will have to search the FA market for a starting-SG (Jason
Richardson), so Fields could give us that must needed hustle-energy
off the bench.

The Knicks best pick in this draft is the outstanding above the rim
rebounder "Kenneth Faried" to clean-up behind Amare & Melo on the
boards and defending the paint.....plus the Knicks better find away to
get BIG-BODY in the paint "Mozgov" back into a Knicks uniform.

Kiyaman

Legend
@Probballdraft Probasketballdraft

The Knicks are making a play for Omri Casspi. Knicks brass believe Toney Douglas and $3M can get it done.

I hope it's just speculation..

Sounds like a Jewish Brooklyn move by Chris Mullen.....he got to follow Walsh out the door.
This would make Rautins the backup for Billups.
I like TD defense better than Sessions or Flynn overall game

CoolClyde

it's the jews

i agree with Kiya, it's the shrewd jew-ed move.
Doh!-lan's gotta sell tickets to pay for the billion dollar MSG makeover,
and who's got those megabucks?

the hebes. they love caspi, the friendly jew.

btw, i'm kidding. someone report this abuse!!!

"jumpin jew flash, it's a gas gas gas..."
adolph jagger

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Speaking of the new MSG renovation...anybody else weary on it being as good looking as the previous look of the Garden? I loved the colors of those seats.

At least it seems like the ceiling is staying, can't replace that.

skisloper

Starter
i agree with Kiya, it's the shrewd jew-ed move.
Doh!-lan's gotta sell tickets to pay for the billion dollar MSG makeover,
and who's got those megabucks?

the hebes. they love caspi, the friendly jew.

btw, i'm kidding. someone report this abuse!!!

"jumpin jew flash, it's a gas gas gas..."
adolph jagger

Amare is our Jew