Knicks considering drafting Iman Shumpert at 17????

Rondo: can't shoot for his life, and with shumpert on him won't have fun driving in the paint :)

You bring up a really interesting point as far as a possible motivation behind this pick. The last thing a lot of us remember (including the Knicks Front Office) is Rondo eviscerating us on the drive and only JJ (our tallest guy on the court) being able to slow him down. If Shumpert can fix that, then that is definitely something.

Singleton is EXACTLY who we needed. Our biggest problem is scoring when Stat and Melo are riding the pine. I'll help you sum it up. We f#@%ed up.
You obviously haven't watched Singleton much, he is NOT a good scorer.

Failed miserably with this pick. We took a shooting guard who can't shoot... I look at our roster for next year and we have two guys under contract that play the two spot in Landry and TD.

We have no one to back up Amar'e or Melo. Singleton is a 3/4 who can guard 4-1. Oh, and he has a better offensive game than the "shooting" guard we chose.

So stupid.
Like I said before Singleton is NOT a good scorer. Calm down Shumpert is not a bad pick. A jumpshot is not that hard to develop and he already has a great form. Melo already has a backup in Shawne Williams and Walker(he plays SF often), Shawne Williams also is a backup PF as well and with Jeffries/our other draft pick along with Jerome Jordan and a decent center Amare should be fine.

KingofNy

Starter
Failed miserably with this pick. We took a shooting guard who can't shoot... I look at our roster for next year and we have two guys under contract that play the two spot in Landry and TD.

We have no one to back up Amar'e or Melo. Singleton is a 3/4 who can guard 4-1. Oh, and he has a better offensive game than the "shooting" guard we chose.

So stupid.

Unfortunately spot on... +1! Dantoni's team's live and die by the three and we got 3 shooting guards who can't shoot. Makes no sense.

The whole reason Phoenix was good under Antoni is the fact that they consistently nailed their three's. Who do we have to shoot the three ball consistently?

KingofNy

Starter
You obviously haven't watched Singleton much, he is NOT a good scorer.

Like I said before Singleton is NOT a good scorer. Calm down Shumpert is not a bad pick. A jumpshot is not that hard to develop and he already has a great form. Melo already has a backup in Shawne Williams and Walker(he plays SF often), Shawne Williams also is a backup PF as well and with Jeffries/our other draft pick along with Jerome Jordan and a decent center Amare should be fine.

I did watch Singleton play and he single-handedly manhandled Duke even though they lost and he would've filled our needs much more than a combo guard that can't shoot does. Singleton also rebounds, something no-one on our team except for Landry knows how to do. Our guy looked like he was playing on roller-skates against Duke. I bet you all you guys supporting Chump would be making excuses to support whatever player we drafted, no matter who it was. As soon you hear them say they're excited to play here, you're suckered in, hook, line and sinker.

I did watch Singleton play and he single-handedly manhandled Duke even though they lost and he would've filled our needs much more than a combo guard that can't shoot does. Singleton also rebounds, something no-one on our team except for Landry knows how to do. Our guy looked like he was playing on roller-skates against Duke. I bet you all you guys supporting Chump would be making excuses to support whatever player we drafted, no matter who it was. As soon you hear them say they're excited to play here, you're suckered in, hook, line and sinker.

Ok bro the only player available when the knicks were up that I think would have filled our needs more than Iman was Chris singleton. But Imo we got the next best thing to singleton, iman fills a need at SG and defense. Chris singleton should have been picked tho cuz he can guard a Pg let alone a Sg. This would have been my lineup, plz someone argue it so I can prove u wrong.
But I'm happy to have Iman he still fills our needs.

PG-Billups
Sg-Singleton (guys can guard the PG, so I think he can guard the SG)
SF-Melo
PF-Stat
C-Turiaf/JJ (not the clumbsy one that cant dunk)

KingofNy

Starter
Ok bro the only player available when the knicks were up that I think would have filled our needs more than Iman was Chris singleton. But Imo we got the next best thing to singleton, iman fills a need at SG and defense. Chris singleton should have been picked tho cuz he can guard a Pg let alone a Sg. This would have been my lineup, plz someone argue it so I can prove u wrong.
But I'm happy to have Iman he still fills our needs.

PG-Billups
Sg-Singleton (guys can guard the PG, so I think he can guard the SG)
SF-Melo
PF-Stat
C-Turiaf/JJ (not the clumbsy one that cant dunk)

I, you and the rest of the Knicks fan base would of been ecstatic to get Singleton. That's why it didn't make sense to reach for Shump when we didn't have to. Singleton was better at D than Shump and his offense is lightyear's beyond Shumps. It seems like our Knicks leadership consistently find a way beat themselves. Honestly if our leadership had half a brain they would be working all day/night trying to find us a REAL BIG. Until then all this talk doesn't really matter anyways because we're not going to win anything without the rebounding and defense Big's bring.

I, you and the rest of the Knicks fan base would of been ecstatic to get Singleton. That's why it didn't make sense to reach for Shump when we didn't have to. Singleton was better at D than Shump and his offense is lightyear's beyond Shumps. It seems like our Knicks leadership consistently find a way beat themselves. Honestly if our leadership had half a brain they would be working all day/night trying to find us a REAL BIG. Until then all this talk doesn't really matter anyways because we're not going to win anything without the rebounding and defense Big's bring.

I do think singleton is gona be a better defender then Iman, but Iman wasnt a horrible choice, i bet if singleton got picked b4 iman a lto of knicks fans wouldent be upset.

I do think singleton is gona be a better defender then Iman, but Iman wasnt a horrible choice, i bet if singleton got picked b4 iman a lto of knicks fans wouldent be upset.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

So stupid.

Shumpert at SG allows Landry Fields to fill the 6th man role that our team needs. Singleton has a better offensive game than Shumpert but it's not by much - it's not like we missed out on a future 20 PPG scorer in Singleton (at least, not that we can foresee anyway). You're stretching it by saying Singleton can guard 1's - I'd love to see Singleton guard Rajon Rondo.

Some people oppose just for the hell of it.. I've seen some dumbass arguments as to why Singleton is a better pick for us than Iman.

well I think singleton would of been a great pick up, he could of been are SG... but the 2nd best player available for us was iman. Its not an argment its common sence.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Shumpert at SG allows Landry Fields to fill the 6th man role that our team needs. Singleton has a better offensive game than Shumpert but it's not by much - it's not like we missed out on a future 20 PPG scorer in Singleton (at least, not that we can foresee anyway). You're stretching it by saying Singleton can guard 1's - I'd love to see Singleton guard Rajon Rondo.

Dude, Shumpert should not start... We have a sixth man in Toney. Singleton has guarded 1's. His size and length would give many of the 1s the NBA hissy fits.

But, even more so, he can guard 3's and 2's. He is just a lot more versaitile player. It was just a bad, bad pick. No that I don't think the kids is not viable... I just think it was a hideous pick for which players were on the board.