Goodbye Mike Breen.. hello Spero Dedes?

After Spero Dedes declined the Lakers' offer to step in as their new play-by-play man, Bill Macdonald was hired to replace Joel Meyers with just a one-year contract today.

Industry sources say that Dedes, New Jersey born and a graduate of Fordham University, has already accepted a job as the TV play-by-play man for the New York Knicks, a contract that will allow him to continue working for CBS on the NFL and college basketball. Macdonald signed his new contract today.
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/archives/2011/06/your-new-lakers.html
I wonder if Mike will head to ESPN fulltime because of Mark Jackson's departure. This will definitely be an adjustment if we don't hear Mike's voice on MSG anymore. In that link there's a clip of Kobe's 81 point game where he commentated.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Kenny Albert is ok. He brought it when it was time to be exciting.

I would like a steady color commentator. Breen is too busy with ESPN. Either that or shake things up a lot with a few appearances a year from Jonathon Coachman, Gus Johnson (if they'd bring him back), etc.

Well, welcome to the new man on commentary.

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont like Breen that much when he does knicks games, i always felt like he was too hard on some players like Nate robinson. I mean nate is what he is, he fukked up sometimes but he showed more heart then most other knicks players during his era

I miss Gus :(