Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Thompson

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other - please enlighten us

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Carmelo Anthony's draft philosophy is simple and precise: draft the best available player from Baltimore.

Read about Selby here:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile.php/Josh-Selby-5682/

Anthony has made it clear to the Knicks that he'd love for the club to draft one of his Baltimore pals, Josh Selby, a 6-3 combo guard out of Kansas. Selby is all but certain to be available when the Knicks, who own the 17thpick in Thursday's NBA draft, make their selection.

The question is whether the Knicks will take a chance on Selby at 17 or trade for a late first-round pick or a second-rounder with the hope that Selby would still be available. Six years ago, the Knicks were in a similar predicament and debated whether to take a chance on a high school guard out of Mississippi. In the end, they passed on Monta Ellis and instead selected Channing Frye and David Lee in the first round and traded for another first-round pick, Nate Robinson. Ellis ended up being the 40th pick, by Golden State.

Selby has had two workouts with the Knicks and will be in Detroit Wednesday to work out for the Pistons, who own the eighth and 33rd picks.

The Knicks appear to be leaning toward drafting a guard, but the two players they covet most, BYU's Jimmer Fredette and Washington State's Klay Thompson, are projected to be lottery picks. A trade to move up is possible but not likely.

Providence guard Marshon Brooks and Georgia Tech guard Iman Shumpert are two players who should be available at 17. The Knicks are also looking at USC center Nikola Vucevic, who is from Montenegro. However, with last year's second-round pick, 7-footer Jerome Jordan, likely to join the Knicks this season, it doesn't make much sense to draft another young center.

The Knicks need backcourt help, especially with Toney Douglas having major shoulder surgery last month. Also, incumbent starting shooting guard Landry Fields scored just seven points in four playoff games - all losses to the Celtics.

Selby played just one season for the Jayhawks. Coming out of high school, he was rated by some scouting services as the second-best player behind Duke's Kyrie Irving, who is expected to be the top pick Thursday.

The Cleveland Cavaliers own that pick and have made it known that Irving is their guy. Meanwhile, Anthony has already weighed in with his endorsement. For Selby, that's not a bad thing.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...011-06-22_hes_melos_fellow.html#ixzz1Q0mFc5ej

I wouldent mind having selby on our team but just not with the 17th pick, This guy has a lot of ceiling and gould be the next john wall for all we know. He played injured last year and b4 his injury he was very good. I say grab him with the 2nd pick we buy. This guy can be the biggest sleeper in the draft, he didnt have a great college year but he was injured and played with the injury. This guy is very fast and his vertical is amazing. Nate robinson is a poor man's josh selby.

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
I like him at 30 or early 2nd round. He is very athletic but I'm more interested in is passing and play making ability. He seemed to have good vision in the video's posted. He also has some great handles. at about 1:22 in the first vid he takes 3 defenders to school. If he has the right playmaking ability and can learn quickly i think he could get a roster spot.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm still holding out hope that Marshon falls to us at 17. Burks is likely the first 2-guard off the board, then it can go either way between Thompson and Brooks, and I'll settle for whoever is left. Trade/buy a late first round pick and get either Charles Jenkins/Jordan Hamilton/whoever fits. And supplement the roster with a decent second round pick...I say a Chandler Parsons, or MAYBE Jeremy Tyler, depending on whether or not we get Robin Lopez via trade.

But I do know one thing...if we take Shelby @ 17, I will murder someone.