Knicks trying to get Robin Lopez? Nash talks heating up?

Lol. Wow Fields has all-star potential, and we can't use a 7'ter... smh

All I have to say is...

Is he better than Jared Jeffries....potentially?

all I can say is, that I have league pass, well had league pass for the past 5 seasons, and lopez is already much better than jefferies, pursues blocks, doesnt sneak up for cheesy blocks, he literally meets guys at the rim, and he finishes strong around the basket from both sides of the floor. The only problem with Lopez is that he has played along side shaq, amare, and gortat for the duration of his career, so while some may see an opportunity to be a starter gone wrong, I see it as barely a chance to put up solid numbers due to steve nash realizing who should get the ball and its rarely been lopez, lopez however has alot of david lee type qualities, cleans up the boards on misses, and some how finds himself in the right position to do the little things that help his team win, remember hes a standford guy, he has a high Basketball IQ and is incredibly incredibly physical on defense, loves contact and loves to bang, and is a much better finisher than jefferies, he doesnt take layups, he dunks the ball from either side

check out this link

I for one wouldnt mind him ; he fills a need on this team better than more shooters which we have enough of. meaning guys who take shots in volume.

lopez is legit 7 foot, legit blocking, legit hustle, and legit physical with opposing bigs.

him along side amare would be huge for us

stop being haters because you dont hear much of a guy

and dont act like lopez was the reason the suns didnt make the playoffs.

making a hugggge trade half way through the season was the reasons why the suns didnt make the playoffs, which at that point lopez came back from an injury with no chemistry to play along side gortat battling for minutes.

gortat is better

but lopez is what we need on this team

check the video see for yourself.

http://youtu.be/Q1JLtH4aGkY scroll half way through.

all I can say is, that I have league pass, well had league pass for the past 5 seasons, and lopez is already much better than jefferies, pursues blocks, doesnt sneak up for cheesy blocks, he literally meets guys at the rim, and he finishes strong around the basket from both sides of the floor. The only problem with Lopez is that he has played along side shaq, amare, and gortat for the duration of his career, so while some may see an opportunity to be a starter gone wrong, I see it as barely a chance to put up solid numbers due to steve nash realizing who should get the ball and its rarely been lopez, lopez however has alot of david lee type qualities, cleans up the boards on misses, and some how finds himself in the right position to do the little things that help his team win, remember hes a standford guy, he has a high Basketball IQ and is incredibly incredibly physical on defense, loves contact and loves to bang, and is a much better finisher than jefferies, he doesnt take layups, he dunks the ball from either side

check out this link

I for one wouldnt mind him ; he fills a need on this team better than more shooters which we have enough of.

I don't want to give up TD or Fields for Lopez. We are getting Jerome Jordan and we can still pick up Turiaf's option.

I don't want to give up TD or Fields for Lopez. We are getting Jerome Jordan and we can still pick up Turiaf's option.

Lopez has tyson chandler potential, legitimately, same size, athleticism, hustle and strength, just as tyson was at 22 years of age, he was raw and didnt meet his potential.

you can get a million toney douglas's in the NBA today, tweeners that chuck shots and are hot when hot and cold when cold, but finding 7 foot shot blockers to play along side an athletic amare, who can run the floor, are rare to find; if you have the chance to get one you jump on it

I love douglas, and fields, but they are replaceable.

explain to me who on our team does the things a robin lopez will

7 footer to guard dwight howard, bang against the bulls, and annoy the hell out of a chris bosh ????

you want to talk about match ups

having a toney douglas trying to guard a ray allen, dwayne wade or derrick rose is stupid

having a robin lopez, and ronny turiaf taking turns at center to keep those 3 guys out of the paint

is smart.

p0nder

Starter
Jordan is a total unknown and an NBA rookie that may or may not work out. Turiaf has heart problems and will always only be availible for 20 minutes a game, 25 at best. We need a real option at center. Robin is a good choice for us. His physicality alone will keep teams on the perimeter which will reduce their fg% and play into our team concept.

He has experience with amar'e and fields and a good understanding of how d'antoni, his staff and the system work. He has the skills to be a beast both defensively and offensively. He is athletic and strong and would hopefully give the knicks defense an identity. He is certainly a HUGE upgrade over pretty much every other Center option on our team last year.

Lopez > Turiaf, Jefferies, SWilliams etc.

On Sun's FO saying "period. exclamation point" on trades: yeah, i do not think they are going to trade gortat. Nash could get them plenty on the market tho, so while I don't think they are shopping Nash, they would certainly entertain trades that provided them with young talent and potential for the uphill "rebuilding" stage they are facing. Or maybe they feel that Nash is one tough son of a gun, with supreme Canadian Lumber Jack blood and know that he'll be playing into his 50's and they will not move him.

Either way, The suns are certainly open to moving Lopez and we have an opportunity to swipe him now while his stock is low. With our current options at Center, i think we have to at least make a play for him.

Red

TYPE-A
So you'd want to give up TD or Fields for a player that's only a little bit better than Jeffries?

Yes. I don't need to see the video. All I had to see was how we were +60 effeciency rating with Jared Jeffries on the floor.

I'd do:
Td for Lopez
Landry for Lopez
Or TD & Landry for Lopez & Nash
Easy!

I don't know what's so hard to understand :shrug:

Only a BIG can fix our issues and HE SHOULD be better than Jeffries to see real improvements.

We need to amass BIG men assets so signing Jordan and trading for Lopez along with having Turiaf is a good start.

Anyone who disagrees must present an argument that the stats don't make readily apparent.

I could argue the knicks could draft Allan Iverson, or Isaiah Thomas or even acquire Nash in his prime...

And WITHOUT a couple of bigs WON'T Make a difference!

check out this link

I for one wouldnt mind him ; he fills a need on this team better than more shooters which we have enough of. meaning guys who take shots in volume.

lopez is legit 7 foot, legit blocking, legit hustle, and legit physical with opposing bigs.

him along side amare would be huge for us

stop being haters because you dont hear much of a guy

and dont act like lopez was the reason the suns didnt make the playoffs.

making a hugggge trade half way through the season was the reasons why the suns didnt make the playoffs, which at that point lopez came back from an injury with no chemistry to play along side gortat battling for minutes.

gortat is better

but lopez is what we need on this team

check the video see for yourself.

Like I said video is nothing compared to the stats...

The Knicks were MUCH better with a legit big on the floor. Period.

This is not rocket science.

With Stat & Melo and CB during this off-season it's....

BIG OR BUST!

Red

TYPE-A
who hasn't figured this out yet?

Espn.com
1. A LEGIT SCORING STARTING CENTER
First of all, before you bash Jeffries -- something that nearly every Knicks fan has done since the season ended -- consider this: The numbers prove he was actually effective on the floor, especially while playing alongside Stoudemire, albeit in only about 250 minutes of action. On an individual basis, Jeffries was plus-87 points (in comparison, Ronny Turiaf was minus-11 and Williams was minus-29), and ranking the Knicks' 4-5 combos, Jeffries-Stoudemire was the best at plus-62. In comparison to Turiaf, who started most of the time at center, when Jeffries was on the court, the team played more efficiently and Stoudemire shot at a higher percentage. Take a look:

Player Team Offensive Rating Team Defensive Rating Net +/- Stoudemire FG%
Jeffries 122.2 108.2 14.0 50 %
Turiaf 108.4 107.1 1.3 44 %
But even with Jeffries' ability to space the floor, defend and take charges, the Knicks were missing something big: interior scoring. The Knicks ranked 18th in points in the paint and 20th in second-chance points this past season. This is not to say they need Howard to fix their problems, but they need at least a B-tier center who not only has some Jeffries in him but also can post up and go to work as well as rebound. The Knicks ranked 20th-worst in the league, averaging 40.5 boards.

Realistic available free-agent centers: Kwame Brown (unrestricted), Samuel Dalembert (unrestricted), Reggie Evans (unrestricted), Chuck Hayes (unrestricted), Ryan Hollins (unrestricted with a player option) and Chris Wilcox (unrestricted).

Scout's take: "They definitely could use a big, physical guy. Centers are not easy to get, though, so I'm not going to dwell on that. Look at Miami with Joel Anthony, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Erick Dampier and Jamaal Magloire. Unless there's cap space or something otherwise, that's not an easy thing to go get. Point guards and centers are the two toughest things to get, and that's why if you can get good ones, it's so much more valuable than a good 2 or a good 3. It's easier to put a serviceable 3 or 4 with Chris Paul or with Dwight Howard than it is to put a serviceable 5 or 1 with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. Miami, though, has such a talented 2 and 3 that they make up for a lot of that obviously."

I mean only an INSANE person repeats the same mistakes.

Red

TYPE-A
^^ Allt he Centers on that FA list suck just as much or worse than Robin Lopez on offense if that's what you're implying.

F*ck the list its the point that matters.

Why are we using "offense" and big in the same sentence?

Stat and Melo....HELLO!
Among the worst in opponents fg%, and rebounds.....HELLO!

Big or bust!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If it costs us Douglas, fine.

If it costs us Douglas and Fields, 50/50.

If it costs us Turiaf, Douglas and the [potential] 30th pick, fine - no! - good.

Lopez has the experience, size, youth and mobility any team wants out of an NBA center.

Is he better than Jeffries? Yes, he is. Are you ****ing serious!?

Jeffries is a good help defender that guards the perimeter well. Is that what we need? If you say yes, you should slap your mother for failing.

We need an interior presence that can body opposing centres.

Does anyone, A-NY-ONE, remember Jermaine O'Neal in the Boston series? Does anyone remember how many front court players had career nights against us this year? Greg Monroe? Remember that? No. You do not.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Stat and Melo....HELLO!

Big or bust!

I'm a broken record, I know. But we're a team that is simply incapable of a favourable defensive/offensive efficiency.

Our offence is shit.

Our defence is worse.

Boston were actually a worse rebounding team than their opponents all season. Except for one orange and blue exception. No point following through on that little fact. We all get it. Or do we?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
We can always replace guards with other guards...if we can get a legit 7 footer entering his prime we need to do it!

Red

TYPE-A
Crazy⑧s;182153 said:
If it costs us Douglas, fine.

If it costs us Douglas and Fields, 50/50.

If it costs us Turiaf, Douglas and the [potential] 30th pick, fine - no! - good.

Lopez has the experience, size, youth and mobility any team wants out of an NBA center.

Is he better than Jeffries? Yes, he is. Are you ****ing serious!?

Jeffries is a good help defender that guards the perimeter well. Is that what we need? If you say yes, you should slap your mother for failing.

We need an interior presence that can body opposing centres.

Does anyone, A-NY-ONE, remember Jermaine O'Neal in the Boston series? Does anyone remember how many front court players had career nights against us this year? Greg Monroe? Remember that? No. You do not.

We need someone better than Jeffries.

We agree I think.

Crazy⑧s;182154 said:
I'm a broken record, I know. But we're a team that is simply incapable of a favourable defensive/offensive efficiency.

Our offence is shit.

Our defence is worse.

Boston were actually a worse rebounding team than their opponents all season. Except for one orange and blue exception. No point following through on that little fact. We all get it. Or do we?

Btw not worried about the offense at all- nada- zilch

Its big or bust for me or we are doomed to keep hope alive as AMARE plays center to near exhaustion as we struggle for playoff position and get dominated by the Joel Anthonys of the world..smmfh!

Whether by trade, draft, coup... from the great US, to the plains of the Serengeti...

WE NEED A LEGIT BIG.

Before, BEFORE F*CKING B-E-F-O-R-E a Nash or Berea or Shempert or Jimmer OR ANYONE...

We need a big. THEN when we view what's needed after that... it all becomes so clear.

Trade sign draft I don't care we need a big.

We can find a player who avg 1.7pts in the playoffs! Or a streaky shooter with a bum shoulder. Without a big Stat, CB & Melo mean absolutely nothing except higher ticket prices and a big disappointment.

Who wants that?

Stat and Melo....HELLO!

Big or bust!
Oh Ok. I agree with you there and I stated it in my post on the first page why we don't need Robin to score for us if we get him. Just rebound, block shots, and play to your 7'0 frame. I was just wondering why you brought the ESPN article in that was all.

Red

TYPE-A
Oh Ok. I agree with you there and I stated it in my post on the first page why we don't need Robin to score for us if we get him. Just rebound, block shots, and play to your 7'0 frame. I was just wondering why you brought the ESPN article in that was all.

...because it illustrated how having a big mixed in with our core statistically improved us. In that analysis it showed how much more effective Amare was next to a big.

Its sooooooo simple to me. IF your team lacks defense and rebounding

And it's time available for change (off-season)

You get bigs!

But further I intimate the two different scenarios based on priorities (because a team can't have it all, this isn't fantasy basketball)

Sc 1: we talk CP3, and Nash and T. Parker and all the GUARDS available at #17

...and once we go that route the slim big pickens become Jared Jeffries types! Just big for nothing!

-BUT-

In sc2: we talk size, best big available in the draft, or jettesoning Fields and or TD OR the pick for a legit big, then who are we really looking for with CB, Stat, Melo and a legit defender?

Those options however limited a player we get (spot up shooter) are far greater and we can actually target a player who possesses the SPECIFIC limited skills we covet.

Prioritize and for once we should stop this "we need shooters first" or " a passing pg first" before our starting line up is complete.

BIG is our PRIORITY.

What's the value of a race car that has 2 spare tires but a broken engine or broken frame? Nice to have but not what's needed. Fix the engine first, maybe sell one of those extra tires, then worry about the ancillary sh*t.

Big or Bust!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I agree to a certain extent, except that most bigs aren't NBA ready when drafted. The Hasheem Thabeet's and Kosta Kofus' (spelling?) are far more common than the Tyson Chandler and Noah's, when drafting.

Plus, some experts say centers don't really hit their stride in the NBA until their late 20s and 30.

We do have to get a big on this roster...that means bringing over Jerome Jordan, and maybe trading for Lopez, and then crossing your fingers. But under no circumstances do I give up "assets" to move up in the draft to get a player at the position that seems to be the hardest to draft and takes the longest to develop, if it develops at all.

A solid center is vital to winning, but there are only a handful of those in a league with 30 teams. Even Kanter and Valanciunas will be projects early on with no guarantees of ever hitting their stride in the NBA. Bioyombo has a lot of hype, but so did Thabeet...I mean....no.

Get a 2-guard, or back-up/PG of the future @ 17, buy an extra pick and get a tweener like Faried (not likely, he's probably gonna go right after we pick) or Hamilton if he's still there, and if you still feel compelled to get a center, get one in the second round.

I don't want that cap hold, and 4 years of a player's rights (if this rule is still in the new CBA) with a center that we gave up assets to get. It's sooooooo risky.

moneyg

Starter
I agree to a certain extent, except that most bigs aren't NBA ready when drafted. The Hasheem Thabeet's and Kosta Kofus' (spelling?) are far more common than the Tyson Chandler and Noah's, when drafting.

Plus, some experts say centers don't really hit their stride in the NBA until their late 20s and 30.

We do have to get a big on this roster...that means bringing over Jerome Jordan, and maybe trading for Lopez, and then crossing your fingers. But under no circumstances do I give up "assets" to move up in the draft to get a player at the position that seems to be the hardest to draft and takes the longest to develop, if it develops at all.

A solid center is vital to winning, but there are only a handful of those in a league with 30 teams. Even Kanter and Valanciunas will be projects early on with no guarantees of ever hitting their stride in the NBA. Bioyombo has a lot of hype, but so did Thabeet...I mean....no.

Get a 2-guard, or back-up/PG of the future @ 17, buy an extra pick and get a tweener like Faried (not likely, he's probably gonna go right after we pick) or Hamilton if he's still there, and if you still feel compelled to get a center, get one in the second round.

I don't want that cap hold, and 4 years of a player's rights (if this rule is still in the new CBA) with a center that we gave up assets to get. It's sooooooo risky.

yeah.. im not big on these centers in the draft.. i think jerome jordan right now can outplay any center in this draft.. we nee instant contributions..

im on board with getting lopez via trade and drafting players like brooks/faried/shumpet/jenkins

jpz17

Starter
How about Josh Smith? Lots of talk about him possibly being on the market. Slide Amare up to Center, but Smith at the 4 spot.. then we added much needed defense

nyk_nyk

All Star
How about Josh Smith? Lots of talk about him possibly being on the market. Slide Amare up to Center, but Smith at the 4 spot.. then we added much needed defense

Amare has already stated that he does not want to play center. Plus he's horrible at it.

platnumn

Benchwarmer

Add to that the fact that

A. Can't afford Smoove
B. He's rumored to go to the Magic.

You can't be serious with this post.. How many times have we seen Amare struggle defensively against bigger and beefier (no homo) centers? Amare is not a C.. He doesn't wanna play C.. Like he said in his ESPN interview the other day we need a throwback Shaq in his prime type C (Obviously not gonna happen). We need SIZE. Josh Smith is a pf like Amare. Neither can guard opposing Cs. And we have nothing of value to give up for Josh Smith anyway.