Draft Hours Away - Make Your Knicks Predictions

With draft coverage in full swing and the draft itself only a few hours away, anyone want to put out there and say what they think the Knicks will actually make happen tonight. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you think they SHOULD do, but rather what you think they WILL do.

Here's my semi-bold (or maybe not so much) predictions:
- The Knicks will draft Kenneth Faried and Josh Selby in the 1st round (they're going to get a late 1st rounder via trade)
- The Knicks will acquire a current NBA big man via trade
- Bill Walker and either Toney Douglas or Landry Fields will not finish the night as a Knick
- The Knicks will buy an early second rounder and draft a big man whom I've never heard of

Anyone else?

Wargames

Starter
I think we're gonna get a SG and a PG in the first then try to trade talent for a big no pick involved.

Turiaf, Walker, and Douglas may get traded.

We're gonna buy at least two second rounders at least to put talent in The D league team.

The Knicks will have to pay Indiana cash to move up to have the right to draft Marshon Brooks.

The Knicks will spend a lot of money today as a way for Dolan to try to appear as a good owner ala mark Cuban to the media.

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
Well, I remembered my password and decided to stop lurking around here. Here are my predictions: I think the Knicks end up with 4 picks in the draft, yes 4...Here they are:
The Knicks move up a few spots from 17 and select Kenneth Faried. They then trade Landry Fields to get back into the first round, around 18-22 and select Klay Thompson. Then they deal Toney Douglas and Bill Walker to get back into the 1st and take Darius Morris(I may be alone on this, but I have him ahead of Jimmer on my PG board-I'll discuss this after I finish my predictions. They then swap cash for a 2nd rounder and take Jeremy Tyler. Alright fine, thats my dream scenario. What I think will happen, which is extremely unfortunate, the Knicks trade up to take Jimmer and we end up with JJ Redick part deaux.

Now, why I have Morris higher than Jimmer on my board. Jimmer, according to pretty much everyone is a PG, which is why he I choose to have on my PG board. I do not consider him a PG. I see him as a small SG, like the Jet. Except Jimmer can only dream of becoming anything close to a player like the Jet. Anyway, on evaluating PG's, Jimmer is a shooter and a scorer, not a passer by any means. His defense is also not great(which is exactly why we will trade up and take him, hes the definition of a Dantoni player). Morris, on the other hand, is a passer, can shoot and score and can also drive. Oh and he is also a leader. He also plays great defense(which is why the Knicks will not touch him with a 10 foot pole) I think being under Billups for a year or 2 will definitely help his development and when he takes over, he will be more than ready to start.

Unfortunately for us Knicks fans, our predictions will be 1000% wrong if they dont include Jimmer Fredette. Dont get me worng, I like Jimmer. I really do. I just hate taking him in the top 20-25. He will likely be taken top 10 or top 15, which is extremely high for him. IMO, 1-25 should be guys who teams need and can start one day. Jimmer could spot start one day, but thats it. But the guy is not going to be a perennial starter or all star. IMO, best case scenario for him is being taken by the Knicks and becoming a perennial sixth man of the year contender. The reason I say this is because he isnt a good defender, but is a great shooter, which is exactly why the Knicks will take him and play him as the sixth man. He'll come in and score. Thats it.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Get ready to be cheering for....
IMAN SHUMPERT!!

I think him, and the underrated rebounder from 'Cuse will come to us.

Or the 6'11 kid from USC, and a late guard.

No swingmen unless top crops are available.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Well, I remembered my password and decided to stop lurking around here. Here are my predictions: I think the Knicks end up with 4 picks in the draft, yes 4...Here they are:
The Knicks move up a few spots from 17 and select Kenneth Faried. They then trade Landry Fields to get back into the first round, around 18-22 and select Klay Thompson. Then they deal Toney Douglas and Bill Walker to get back into the 1st and take Darius Morris(I may be alone on this, but I have him ahead of Jimmer on my PG board-I'll discuss this after I finish my predictions. They then swap cash for a 2nd rounder and take Jeremy Tyler. Alright fine, thats my dream scenario. What I think will happen, which is extremely unfortunate, the Knicks trade up to take Jimmer and we end up with JJ Redick part deaux.

I don't like any of this.
Why do you think Klay Thompson will be available at 18-22?
Why would they trade Fields for a late 1st rounder in a weak draft?
I like Tyler, and that could be a possibility without any of what you just described happening.
I think you are alone on Darius Morris.

What I think your missing is that the Knicks are going to BUY at least one pick, so I doubt they'll be trading players to get into the late first/early second.

It's being reported that if Kemba is passed on @ 7, he could fall to within the Knicks' range.

I heard that today, too, but that sounds way too good to be true. However, if that does happen, I'm confident the Knicks will jump on it and they will take him rather than Faried or whoever else they had in mind.

Now, why I have Morris higher than Jimmer on my board. Jimmer, according to pretty much everyone is a PG, which is why he I choose to have on my PG board. I do not consider him a PG. I see him as a small SG, like the Jet. Except Jimmer can only dream of becoming anything close to a player like the Jet. Anyway, on evaluating PG's, Jimmer is a shooter and a scorer, not a passer by any means. His defense is also not great(which is exactly why we will trade up and take him, hes the definition of a Dantoni player). Morris, on the other hand, is a passer, can shoot and score and can also drive. Oh and he is also a leader. He also plays great defense(which is why the Knicks will not touch him with a 10 foot pole) I think being under Billups for a year or 2 will definitely help his development and when he takes over, he will be more than ready to start.

Unfortunately for us Knicks fans, our predictions will be 1000% wrong if they dont include Jimmer Fredette. Dont get me worng, I like Jimmer. I really do. I just hate taking him in the top 20-25. He will likely be taken top 10 or top 15, which is extremely high for him. IMO, 1-25 should be guys who teams need and can start one day. Jimmer could spot start one day, but thats it. But the guy is not going to be a perennial starter or all star. IMO, best case scenario for him is being taken by the Knicks and becoming a perennial sixth man of the year contender. The reason I say this is because he isnt a good defender, but is a great shooter, which is exactly why the Knicks will take him and play him as the sixth man. He'll come in and score. Thats it.

I hear what you're saying about why Jimmer almost seems a lock for the Knicks by any means necessary under this current leadership regimen, but I have faith that Donnie Walsh in his final act as Knicks GM will jump on the Jimmer grenade and save us all by convincing the Front Office that this is a move they simply cannot make.

skisloper

Starter
If we pick Jimmer I do not think it will be a mistake.
The guy can shoot and we can use a shooter.
He would make a good 6th man weapon or trade bait.

Lets just hope we get the opportunity to Trade Turiaf . As much as I love his energy is week to week injuries are enough that he not a reliable option for us.

I just hope we dont draft Faried (sp?) The guy is barely 6-6. He's not dominating the bigs in the NBA like he did in college. Maybe if he falls to the 2nd round then we can draft him. The Knicks need size and Faried doesnt fit the bill...

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Vucevic

I am not necessarily excited about it, but I think we are going to end up with Vucevic, an adequate big man, perhaps Chris Kaman like.

I expect we will get another late first or an early second. We could get lucky with a decent point guard, perhaps Jenkins, Morris or even Selby. I like Shumpert. He might be available at 17, but not much after that..

I am intrigued by Biyambo, but most draft sites have him going real early. He is certainly a potential bust, but the only way we can get truly lucky is to take some big chances.

I do not expect Thompson or Singleton to be there when we pick.

Perhaps all of Douglas, Fields and Turiaf are in play.

I could live with Faried. I am not much of a Jimmer fan. If we picked him it would suggest a commitment to the D'Antoni "no defense" system. He could, however, turn out to be very good.