Draft Hours Away - Make Your Knicks Predictions

mafra

Legend
I saw the same player that you saw. I was at Joe's Crab Shack eating when the pick was called and I nearly choked on a damn lobster claw. This organization is DOOMED. I'm so sick of watching our management run this team into the ground. I would take half of the posters here as our management over these fools. Terrible....JUST F***ING TERRIBLE!

We must of drafted him because his name rhymes with our team's nickname...CHUMPS.

Sure, he's a measuring tape kid... just not a game tape prospect. He can run, jump and has long arms... problem is he can't shoot or pass.

Then, as if it couldn;t get worse... we actually spend money to draft a player nobody would take (Josh Harrellson). Only the KNICKS could take a player who made me long for Brian Zoubek.

mafra

Legend
Yeah Shumpert sucked against Duke, he's totally useless and not worth ever considering to be anything close to a remotely decent player because he had a bad game against a good team that was coming off a championship season and is coached by one of the all-time great college ball coaches. Yeah, Shumpert totally sucks.

In the interest of full disclosure... I was one of the posters saying we should draft Shumpert. I figured trading for a late 1st might not get the job done, for his measurables shot him from a 2nd rounder to a mid 20s selection.

I was on board IF Jimmer, Thompson, Singleton, Burks were gone.

I just don't think drafting Shumpert over Singelton makes sense.

Pick was going to boil down to Donatas Motiejunas, Kenneth Faried or Shumpert... if most mocks were correct and the top 16 projected were gone.

Motiejunas is a true D'antoni C. Better than Mozgov. Faried can rebound. Shumpert is the athlete we could hopefully mold.

I would have been fine with either of these 3. But to pass on Singleton? ODD in my book. Odd indeed.

Why?

Well, his bball intelligence and instinct aren't great. Not a great passer. Wont work the pick and roll. So he's not really a PG. He can't shoot (especially the 3) so he's not the ideal SG. So what is he?

He was a solid 3 year player for GA Tech, in the ACC. He is one of the more physically talented combo guards in this draft.

SO... can we help him him shoot better? Why not? But how long will that take. At the end of the day, he was on my list... so I'll stop making fun of him. He had a great game against UNC, and even against FLA St.

PLUS, this kid can rebound. So, he's sort of like a poor man's version of T-Evans.