We didn't draft Faried, but...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Hopefully we get this guy as a free agent:

act_reggie_evans.jpg

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
He averaged 11.5 rebounds last season. Size alone ain't gonna cut it.

I also want a center. Evans would be our back-up to Amar'e.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i guess dalembert or even Brown( yes kwame! ) at C get evans as well re-up williams and barea and we got ourselves a solid bench with a guy who can help immediately in shumpert( dudes nice ). along with Turiaf and J.Jordan coming over and harrellson for garbage time we got a team to compete next year although i still feel were a banch player away a solid player i think iman will become that for us but not as a rookie.

Marek

Benchwarmer
He averaged 11.5 rebounds last season. Size alone ain't gonna cut it.

I also want a center. Evans would be our back-up to Amar'e.

How many rebounds will Evans get sitting on the bench?
(Which, coincidentally, is my same argument against Faried.)

Melo and Amare are pretty good rebounders. They don't need another guy to come in at the 4 for rebounding purposes forcing Amare up to the 5.

STAT1

Starter
STAT & Melo are not going to be playing all 48 minutes. There will be plenty of minutes for a backup F to come in & contribute, especially someone who can rebound & defend like Reggie Evans. I think at this point he is our best chance to impact our frontcourt need for a rebounder w/o having to break the bank on a bigger name (we probably don't have the cap space to do so anyway). I would welcome Reggie Evans on the Knicks with open arms. Plus that means no more Jared Jeffries, so you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. :)

Wargames

Starter
STAT & Melo are not going to be playing all 48 minutes. There will be plenty of minutes for a backup F to come in & contribute, especially someone who can rebound & defend like Reggie Evans. I think at this point he is our best chance to impact our frontcourt need for a rebounder w/o having to break the bank on a bigger name (we probably don't have the cap space to do so anyway). I would welcome Reggie Evans on the Knicks with open arms. Plus that means no more Jared Jeffries, so you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. :)

Yeah but Ideally the Knicks would what a 3/4 tweener who could score and defend like Shawne Marion. That way the opposing offense couldn't key in on either Amare or Melo with their extra forward defensively. I think that's why the Knicks wanted Kawhi Leonard. He could have been that player. But who knows.

STAT1

Starter
Yeah but Ideally the Knicks would what a 3/4 tweener who could score and defend like Shawne Marion. That way the opposing offense couldn't key in on either Amare or Melo with their extra forward defensively. I think that's why the Knicks wanted Kawhi Leonard. He could have been that player. But who knows.

I just don't want to see Shawne Williams playing in that role again, he is not a good enough defender to impact our squad the way we need & is not a good enough rebounder either. When he's on he hits those 3's but when his shot falls off he's very cold. Nothing personal against him I thought he gave forth a good effort & his heart was in the right place, but we need someone who can make a real impact, not just fill a role. I think the following are options we should probably look at in that swingman role (Tayshaun Prince & AK47 are probably both priced out of our range so won't bother discussing either of them):

Grant Hill - I would welcome him with open arms too, the guy is a pro & definitely knows how to play on both ends of the floor

Josh Howard - interesting choice on a high upside flyer, I think he's still got plenty of game left in him & would welcome an opportunity to make a comeback on a contending team next season in hopes of landing a bigger payday later. We might be able to sign a guy like that on a 1 year deal.

Kenyon Martin - another intriguing option, I've always loved that guy's intensity. I think he would make a perfect Knick, bring back some of that toughness that the old school teams had.

Chuck Hayes - undersized but 1 of the best frontcourt defensive players in the NBA. He would add a lot to our defensive woes in the paint.

Other than these guys, I don't see any other names in the free agent pool that can realistically make any appreciable difference on this year's squad.

Wargames

Starter
I just don't want to see Shawne Williams playing in that role again, he is not a good enough defender to impact our squad the way we need & is not a good enough rebounder either. When he's on he hits those 3's but when his shot falls off he's very cold. Nothing personal against him I thought he gave forth a good effort & his heart was in the right place, but we need someone who can make a real impact, not just fill a role. I think the following are options we should probably look at in that swingman role (Tayshaun Prince & AK47 are probably both priced out of our range so won't bother discussing either of them):

well it depends man the Knicks can either save for CP3 and keep Shawne Williams or they can get a better player in that role. Who knows the 2012 plan can be either get the needed parts for a contending team or get the third superstar for a contending team.

STAT1

Starter
well it depends man the Knicks can either save for CP3 and keep Shawne Williams or they can get a better player in that role. Who knows the 2012 plan can be either get the needed parts for a contending team or get the third superstar for a contending team.

All signs to me point to us waiting to make a move for CP3 or Deron in 2012. I don't think Dolan wants to sacrifice a shot at 1 of the top 3 PG's in the NBA just so he can sign some role players in 2011. If we had a large amount of cap space this summer then the choice would be harder to make. Maybe we could just go ahead & sign a guy like Tayshaun Prince or Nene & go for it all this year instead of waiting til next, but we can't realistically sign the top free agents in the pool this year regardless of what Dolan wants to do, so really our only choice is to make sensible signings at low money & wait it out until the real big prizes become available in 2012. Dolan will be able to collect his money regardless as long as the team makes the playoffs this year.

Wargames

Starter
All signs to me point to us waiting to make a move for CP3 or Deron in 2012. I don't think Dolan wants to sacrifice a shot at 1 of the top 3 PG's in the NBA just so he can sign some role players in 2011. If we had a large amount of cap space this summer then the choice would be harder to make. Maybe we could just go ahead & sign a guy like Tayshaun Prince or Nene & go for it all this year instead of waiting til next, but we can't realistically sign the top free agents in the pool this year regardless of what Dolan wants to do, so really our only choice is to make sensible signings at low money & wait it out until the real big prizes become available in 2012. Dolan will be able to collect his money regardless as long as the team makes the playoffs this year.

I feel the knicks are OD commited to get CP3 but I'll be honest I wish they went after a bunch of good players to round out the roster instead.

STAT1

Starter
I feel the knicks are OD commited to get CP3 but I'll be honest I wish they went after a bunch of good players to round out the roster instead.

Even if they decided against the superstar & opted instead for signing multiple "good" role players, the Knicks still won't be in any position to do that until 2012 regardless. Pretty much maintaining that cap flexibility is the ONLY way the Knicks are going to significantly improve their team over the next 2 years. This summer we only have enough cap space to sign a solid role player using our MLE.

Wargames

Starter
Even if they decided against the superstar & opted instead for signing multiple "good" role players, the Knicks still won't be in any position to do that until 2012 regardless. Pretty much maintaining that cap flexibility is the ONLY way the Knicks are going to significantly improve their team over the next 2 years. This summer we only have enough cap space to sign a solid role player using our MLE.

oh I agree man. I should of said in 2012 they can sign a couple of good players.

nene isnt really a role player lol hes a top 5 center easy, and hes the most efficient one. I rather have nene over paul becuase of our major need of a true center. If you look at the last few championship teams they all had a great front court.

Lakers- Bynum, Gasol

Celtics- Kg, Big baby , and perkins

Mavs- Tyson chandler, cardinal, Brendan Haywood (I know he didnt play in the finals)

Heat- Shaq,Alonzo Mourning, haslem

Why do we have to make the same bad choice the heat did, the heat lost cuz they didnt have a good front court. We need a good center to compete for a chmpoionship simple as that. I'll take nene, or chandler over paul.

STAT1

Starter
nene isnt really a role player lol hes a top 5 center easy, and hes the most efficient one. I rather have nene over paul becuase of our major need of a true center. If you look at the last few championship teams they all had a great front court.

Lakers- Bynum, Gasol

Celtics- Kg, Big baby , and perkins

Mavs- Tyson chandler, cardinal, Brendan Haywood (I know he didnt play in the finals)

Heat- Shaq,Alonzo Mourning, haslem

Why do we have to make the same bad choice the heat did, the heat lost cuz they didnt have a good front court. We need a good center to compete for a chmpoionship simple as that. I'll take nene, or chandler over paul.

Dude, are you not un-der-stand-ing-the-words-that-are-coming-out-of-my-mouth? Who said Nene was a role player? I said the Knicks don't have enough cap space this summer to afford the top free agents this summer like Nene.

Dude, are you not un-der-stand-ing-the-words-that-are-coming-out-of-my-mouth? Who said Nene was a role player? I said the Knicks don't have enough cap space this summer to afford the top free agents this summer like Nene.

jsut making a point, a true center would help us out way more than CP3, history doesnt lie and it repeats itself, if ur gona win a ring a good front court helps.

STAT1

Starter
oh I agree man. I should of said in 2012 they can sign a couple of good players.

It's definitely an interesting quandary dude. Do you spend the big bucks on the home run signing, or do you split up the cap money on 2 or 3 very good players that can fill more holes? I guess it would all depend on who's available, but in general I always believe you take the best player available period because those are the guys that form the foundation of your franchise. With STAT & Melo already here, adding a guy like CP3 or Deron Williams would make the Knicks a powerhouse team for several years, probably a top championship contender. But I guess so would adding Bynum & Steve Nash. Decisions, decisions. Good position to be in that's for sure.

It's definitely an interesting quandary dude. Do you spend the big bucks on the home run signing, or do you split up the cap money on 2 or 3 very good players that can fill more holes? I guess it would all depend on who's available, but in general I always believe you take the best player available period because those are the guys that form the foundation of your franchise. With STAT & Melo already here, adding a guy like CP3 or Deron Williams would make the Knicks a powerhouse team for several years, probably a top championship contender. But I guess so would adding Bynum & Steve Nash. Decisions, decisions. Good position to be in that's for sure.

yeh were def. in a good postion either way its a win win.... I think amare, melo, CP3 put the heats big 3 to shame.