Site Redesign :: New layout will be revealed on Sunday

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I'm planning to make a site redesign for the start of the new season, the actual version is kinda boring, but if i succseed to make everything i set my mind to, then knicksonline.com will become the best knicks site available on the whole internet.
In order to accomplish that, i need to know if any of you is willing in giving me a helping hand.

What i need
  • 1. Graphic designer
    First, i need a new logo that will suit better on the site, the actual version is not really what i want.
    Any of you who want to make a logo for KO, please send your samples to me [ rady @ knicksonline.com] untill september 30th.

2. Writer
    Somebody has to write columns for the site, and i need to know if there is somebody interested, this being the most important job. Also i have to decide if the columns will be big ones(full page), as we have on fans' spot section, or short ones(20-30 lines). If we'll go for the short ones, then i'll make possible the reply (each visitor will be able to drop a comment - see www.hornetsreport.com or www.dinamo-online.net)

3. Admin
    This is for me the senior year, and i don't think i'll be able to spend so much time around here as i'll be pressed with the university degree and i really don't want to screw something. So, i'll need 1/2/3 guys to work on:

+Adding the news
    +Adding the boxscores - in case i'll finish the script, we'll have boxscores
    +Adding the recaps - i'd rather have somebody to write them, if nobody wants to, they can be copyed from the AP

This is it, who want to be a part of the crew?

hey, i haven't posted here alot but i've read the forums daily for months now. I won't have alot of time with the upcoming school year, but I am willing to dedicate some of my free time to admin, even if it is just to update the news or recap games. I do watch at least 72-73 games of the regular season, and try to watch every game so recaps wouldn't be a problem. Also, i think that as this place grows as a community, the community members should have an input into the site design. Even if you were to not agree with the community, i think you should at least take their say into your final decision on things such as logos, through votes in the forums.

yoo u got a tru knick fan right here..im down i love this site!!! I aint good with writing btu im good wit Graphic desing im takin a clas on taht so it should help me do better stuff and Admin damn im perfect 4 that i watch each game no every playas score,reb ect. Admin would be awsome! Im down man i love this SITE!!!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
All designers can send me their logo ideas untill the end of sepember

jayp

Benchwarmer
i'm in my thesis year right now and i'm sorry i can't be part of the crew but i'll try and send some graphic designs for the logo..

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
TmAc N Knicks4life said:
yoo u got a tru knick fan right here..im down i love this site!!! I aint good with writing btu im good wit Graphic desing im takin a clas on taht so it should help me do better stuff and Admin damn im perfect 4 that i watch each game no every playas score,reb ect. Admin would be awsome! Im down man i love this SITE!!!!
You stole that signature from TimFlem on JustBBall.com.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
I would love to join the team. I spend alot of time on this site and, I think I can make it usefull, if u need anything make sure to hit me up.

Only The Knicks

Benchwarmer
Yo rady, coooked up a few graphics.
KOgo2copy.jpg

KOgocopy.jpg

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Only The Knicks, those are very good graphics but i don't think can use them. I only need a logo, if that's what it is, then i don't think it's a great idea to use any of our current players because you never know when they'll be traded, and i don't want to have 2+ logos per year.
Also, in your logos, don't use any of the official knicks symbols, this really has to be something original
Also, anything you do, send them directly to me, don't post them here. You don't want to spoil the surprise for the others.

pbjb14, send me an email or a pm

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I made this on 3ds max a few months ago, I will fill in the black lines now and repost in a while
I'll also work on more
Just credit me for the work if you use it... im trying to do some computer work on the side to make a lil extra $

Image taken off

NoLayups

Rookie
Hey there Rady. So this is your board huh? Nice. Well I'm just joining you now but I've been a frequent poster on RealGM for years.

I'm having trouble with the site however. When I do a quick reply it works but when I submit a reply or try to create something new I just get bounced back to a blank message page.

Any suggestions? Is this site brand new? Are you experiencing bugs?

NoLayups

Rookie
by the way, i'm excited to find this, a new forum for discussing the knicks in an intelligent manner. I'm hoping that it'll be a new home to replace those other boards with recently lowered quality.

i look forward to much intelligent knick discussion.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
NoLayups said:
Hey there Rady. So this is your board huh? Nice. Well I'm just joining you now but I've been a frequent poster on RealGM for years.

I'm having trouble with the site however. When I do a quick reply it works but when I submit a reply or try to create something new I just get bounced back to a blank message page.

Any suggestions? Is this site brand new? Are you experiencing bugs?

this board started in december 2002 and the version of the phpBB is only 2.0.4
i have no idea what's with all these bugs i've barely experienced them. hopefully once with the release of the new site i'll upgrade the board too and maybe add some features
anyway, welcome aboard, i'm glad you decided to drop in and i'm sure you'll be a great addition :)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Work in progress

the layout is almost done, i think you'll all going to like the smooth navigation :) there's still some work to do on the functional part hopefully, there won't take more than a week to finish it

stick arround

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The good news is that the site will be revealed on sunday, so take a last look at the current version.
The bad news is that i couldn't finish all i wanted to do because of the time and school schedule, but things will be added as soon as they'll be ready.