SO! We got a defense 1st G and a Down low Banger

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
We may have defensive minded player, but the question is will our coach put them in the right position to play defense

Exactly my point.

Let me also be the 1st to welcome both our new players to the team. Believe it or not I think Shumpert is going to be a serious player in this league.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
etick_dantoni10_850.jpg

.... we're getting the right players but this just isn't cutting it.

Marek

Benchwarmer
The Knicks went with need instead of talent, but it might not have been that bad of a move. Brooks wasn't going to get the ball enough to be all that he could be. And Singleton wasn't going to get off the bench playing behind Stat and Melo. Same for Faried, who couldn't fill our need at the 5.

Shumpert will fill a clear need.

And then we got 6 fouls named Josh Harellson. Not to mention he played in a similar system in Kentucky. He's not an athlete, but he's a banger. Hopefully he's a mean mofo who can be an enforcer.

I cant wait until this guy produces and all you guys have to eat crow. It's gonna happen. All the kid needs is to fix his jumper. Which looking at the vids of his shot wont be that hard. His measurable's are better than Marshon Brooks. Time will tell...

KingCharles34

All Star
Brooks is probably already better then some of these guys, im thinkin jordan and lebron. In a few years, ill say wade and kobe too. I cant believe so many are still sleepin on him.

It wont be long before mentioning Aaron Brooks and brook lopez confuses casual basketball fans, they'll be like "Oh you mean Marshon Brooks. Yea, Best player ever"

Marek

Benchwarmer
Honestly, Brooks might even be better then Kobe, wade, and jordan someday.

Damn, son...pass me some of what you're smoking.

You people are crazy with your predictions for Brooks. He has a better shot at being Nick Young than he does of being Kobe.

"Brooks might be better than Jordan," he says. Right. :lol:

mafra

Legend
Chumpert couldn't guard Nolan Smith, who lit him up for 29 points (on 50% shooting). I wouldn't call him a defensive-stopper. He's a measuring tape guy, not a game tape prospect.

The "big" we selected was just a waste od Dolan's money. Wont even break camp with us.

IT WAS OBVIOUS we just selected 2 bodies we hope can make the team, crack the rotation and play a few minutes. Neither pick we made will be on this team in 2-3 years though.

Look at the 2nd round... TEAMS TAKE CHANCES, b/c... as it was said... this was a late pick. If you miss... who cares. Why bother taking a guy who wont even break camp with your team? Especially when you've traded away your first rounder the next year?

SINGLETON-SHELBY would have been smarter. Knicks basically doomed the Amar'e-Melo era by gutting the team to get Carmelo AND the atrocious drafting under Walsh.

Instead of Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas, we could have made moves and came away with Ty Lawson and Taj Gibson.

I'm not sure why people are high on Chumpert? WOW. He can jump! Amazing. And this kid from Kentucky is 6"9' without shoes. Wait until D-Howard posts him up. We wont be praising his bangerness-ability then.

We don't have smart guys making decisions, we have terrible scouts, and nothing we've done under James Dolan deserves our faith and trust in their ability to make a decision anyway.

BTW, from pick 18-29? Something crazy like that... Every pick was traded. We the only team who sat around IN A WEAK DRAFT and took the "player of need."

Once again we opt for a SG/SF over a PG or C.

Drafting for needs never gets you a solid player.

KNICKS DO NOT HAVE a first rounder next year. You had to take a chance in this draft. We didn't. We got another Landry Fields type player and then a camp invitee. Great. Can't wait to get swept in the first round again.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Chumpert couldn't guard Nolan Smith, who lit him up for 29 points (on 50% shooting). I wouldn't call him a defensive-stopper. He's a measuring tape guy, not a game tape prospect.

The "big" we selected was just a waste od Dolan's money. Wont even break camp with us.

IT WAS OBVIOUS we just selected 2 bodies we hope can make the team, crack the rotation and play a few minutes. Neither pick we made will be on this team in 2-3 years though.

Look at the 2nd round... TEAMS TAKE CHANCES, b/c... as it was said... this was a late pick. If you miss... who cares. Why bother taking a guy who wont even break camp with your team? Especially when you've traded away your first rounder the next year?

SINGLETON-SHELBY would have been smarter. Knicks basically doomed the Amar'e-Melo era by gutting the team to get Carmelo AND the atrocious drafting under Walsh.

Instead of Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas, we could have made moves and came away with Ty Lawson and Taj Gibson.

I'm not sure why people are high on Chumpert? WOW. He can jump! Amazing. And this kid from Kentucky is 6"9' without shoes. Wait until D-Howard posts him up. We wont be praising his bangerness-ability then.

We don't have smart guys making decisions, we have terrible scouts, and nothing we've done under James Dolan deserves our faith and trust in their ability to make a decision anyway.

BTW, from pick 18-29? Something crazy like that... Every pick was traded. We the only team who sat around IN A WEAK DRAFT and took the "player of need."

Once again we opt for a SG/SF over a PG or C.

Drafting for needs never gets you a solid player.

KNICKS DO NOT HAVE a first rounder next year. You had to take a chance in this draft. We didn't. We got another Landry Fields type player and then a camp invitee. Great. Can't wait to get swept in the first round again.

Dude U really need to chill and have a little faith...
Amazes me that you are so confident that these guys will not contribute to our team.
when the Knicks took Fields I am sure you said the samething...
what about David Lee ?

Just Relax....We have MLE to use for a Bigman.
We also if the Cap is what it says it is we will have 16 million to spend next season.....
we can grab Paul or two key players for 10 million and 6 million,,,,,

That can happen this season with trading Billups expiring......Lets hope this GT guard can play the point and is a quick learner....we need a healthy Billups for either our success or trade bait.