How Plausible is acquiring Monta Ellis?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
If you think Warriors will trade their best player for washed up 35 year old point guard, you need to see a doctor.

Because it looks like he could be on his way out, if GSW finally makes up their mind about him. We've heard this song and dance about him before...they're fielding offers...they back out...they're gonna trade him...he's staying put.

But after last night's draft...it looks like life without "The real life Michael Scofield" (look up the character if you don't get the reference) could be coming soon to the bay area.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/head_of_the_class_Tcg0aTzAuXafienugJbl4J#ixzz1QCuUhFbQ

The only thing is, based on that offer alone, we'd need to elicit a third team.

But we have to try....don't we? This dude is. a. BEAST. And he can play the point at a high level (put on full display when Curry was out of the lineup last season and Reggie played the 2 position.)

Donnie...Glen....James....Jesus...anyone? Please, get this man.

The numbers would be similar, they'd need a throw in or two to balance it out...but it seems like they're looking for front court depth.

I say get a third team involved that either stocked up on young bigs in the draft or just has an extra one.... Paul Milsap anyone? The Jazz LOVE Favors, have Al, and drafted Kanter, I think a deal can be done.

Also, GSW might be willing to do Monta a favor since it's likely that he would want to get traded to a contending team. It's gonna have to be a contending team in the Eastern Conference....no reason to willingly create a monster in your own conference that you're gonna have to compete with.

The Knicks brass really need to be on the phone right now with Ellis' agent Fried, and the Warrior's GM. If he can be had...go get him.

Thanks....for...the...insight, I guess?

These boards man....these boards....

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Great player... Not what we need...

If he was on this team with our roster everything would be one on one like in MIA.

In the playoffs teams would just clog the paint and force us to shoot our way out of the game.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Monta is just not he player we need at all. Unless he'd be willing to come off the bench or something like that, which I highly doubt. We need a legit pass-first PG.

Monta is a scorer who can facilitate for others. He's a scorer at his core. That is his mentality basically.. We don't need another guy like that.

And he's not a great player IMO.. Really good, not great. :smokin: