Is there anyone less informed on the Knicks than Michael Kay?

Marek

Benchwarmer
Yankee boy has a baseball propaganda show that basically is an infomercial for how awesome the Yanks are (even when they're not). Then, he's completely clueless when he ventures into other topics.

Today, he talked to Doug Gotlieb about how bad the Shumpert pick was, and then started the next segment with "Why did Walsh make the pick when he's leaving the job next week?" Complete lack of research into the topic...Alan Hahn wrote an article taking us into the Knicks war room and how it went down. Here's how it happened: Walsh took a poll of everyone there, and they were evenly split on Shumpert and someone else. Then, Walsh kicked it over to Mike D, who chose Shumpert. That's how the pick was made. Does Kay care? No, he just wants something to rant about.

Is it just me, or is he even worse than Francessa? It's like Kay never reads anything or talks to anyone until they're on his show.

One of Kay's favorite sources to cite is Peter Vecsey...that right there should tell you how bad he is.

God, I miss Brandon Tierney.
Bill Daughtry is the last guy in NY who knows what the hell he's talking about when it comes to basketball.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Tommy Dee seems pretty knowledgeable...but Kay has his moments here and there.

Kay's a baseball commentator. He probably is too busy keeping up with what's going on with the Yankees during the offseason to realize that we let Rondo look like Magic Johnson every time he's out on the court because nobody on our team can even slow him down.

Marek

Benchwarmer
Kay was on while I was driving to the grocery store yesterday, and he was all worked up about how Cam Newton got screwed because no one was fighting for the rookies in the NFL labor talks. Kay admitted that rookies were getting paid too much, and Sam Bradford was getting crazy money even though he's unproven, and in the very next breath is ranting about the injustice done to Newton by the NFLPA.

Don McGregor or LaGrecca or whatever said, "But that was a problem to begin with. Cam Newton shouldn't be getting paid that much before even playing a game."

And Kay literally repeats his entire rant, only louder.

I gotta admit...I only listen once every few weeks when I'm stuck in the car with nothing else to listen to, but EVERY time I do, it's like a comedy act.

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
Kay is entertaining when he's talking about the Knicks. The day after the Shumpert pick he was ranting about Walsh is leaving how can you let him make the pick. I said to myself he isn't going to pick a no talent to get back at the organization he's gonna make a pick that he hopes will make him looooook good. I mean he has no reason not to take the best player for the team. It was embarrassing to listen to that show and others too. But, he is interesting lots of times, like his passion. He's just not to bright of a person.