Best complimentary center for STAT

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I think someone who is more of a banger down low, rebound a lot, and block shots would be perfect.
No finesse-type guys like Frye or Bargnani

Nene or Marc Gasol would be AWESOME.
I know obtaining these guys are next to impossible, but hypothetically, they would be nice

What do you guys think?

I think someone who is more of a banger down low, rebound a lot, and block shots would be perfect.
No finesse-type guys like Frye or Bargnani

Nene or Marc Gasol would be AWESOME.
I know obtaining these guys are next to impossible, but hypothetically, they would be nice

What do you guys think?

nene is the 2nd or 3rd best center in the NBA imo.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
Nene or Chandler, I heard Rick Carlisle say Dirk and Chandler complement each other perfectly, and since Dirk is a better shooting STAT with better D it could work

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I think it depends on who is the coach of the future. If Mike D is gone and say Phil Jackson ends up being the coach... Then a traditional big man would be what works with his system.; as well as a PG that can run the triangle. If Mike D is staying on, then someone like Josh Smith would be a great compliment to STAT. He can run, rebound and block shots! He's not a chucker; more of a slasher type who can take it to the rim.... He would fit right in. The problem that any coach is going to have is STAT. He's at his best when playing the 5 but has issues with guys that are strong man to man defenders.... I think the Knicks need to decide what STAT is and then go from there...

STAT1

Starter
I think a guy that plays off the ball, loves to only focus on grabbing rebounds & blocking shots & doesn't camp out in the lane is the perfect compliment to Amar'e. Someone like Marcus Camby probably would be perfect.

mafra

Legend
Realistically, Reggie Evans, Joel Pryzbilla or Jeff Foster. Thinking about our lack of cap space and availability... This seems to make the most sense.

The good news is playing time is there for whomever decides to come to NY. The talent and chance to win is also here. And NYC is a nice city!

So, NY has 3 things working for them.... in their favor.

So, who will take less to get here? AND, what will new CBA dictate? What will cap be? Hard or soft? What about exemptions?

Obviously, DeAndre Jordan and Marc gasol ideal; Dalembert a possibility.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Top 10 in order

1.Dwight Howard
2.Tyson Chandler
3.DeAndre Jordan
4.Javell MGee
5.Jokiam Noah
6.Andeson Varejo (when Healthy)
7.Kendrick Perkins
8.Nene
9.Marcus Camby (would be at the top in his prime)
10. tied Kedrick Perkins Serge Zabaka (spelled wrong too lazy to look up)

Players we realistically have a shot at pairing him w any time in the future

1.Joel Pryzbilla
2.Samuel Dalembart
3.Jerome Jordan
4.Tariaf
5.Marcus Camby (probablly could be had for verteren minimum after next year)
6.Ben Wallace

unfortunetly there are no common names umongst the two list.....sorry to say that re-signing Billups and the Melo trade for that matter really screwed us out of adding some nice support to the frontline for Amare.

If we don't sign Billups

We have a shot at Nene,DeAndre Jordan and Tyson Chandler

Toney Douglas/Shumpert
Feilds/TD
Melo
Amare
Chandler,Jordan or Nene/Tariaf

Top 4 or 5 in East without question

If we dont trade for Melo

Felton/TD
Wilson/Feilds/Shumpert/TD
Gallo/Feilds/Wilson/Randolph (traded to move up in draft?)
Amare/Wilson/Randolph
De AndreJordan/Mozgov/Tariaf

Look how deep that team is!!!! Trade assets to make moves to acquire even more talent. I put in DeAndre Jordan because assumin we re-singed Wilson for a contract that starts at 6 million he would be the most affordable. Look at our Center position if we don't trade for Melo!!!!

smokes

Huge Member
I have to say out of guys we have an outside chance of getting if we're lucky, Nene would be top of my list. He is tall, athletic, very good rebounder, shows a lot of hustle and energy, pretty good shotblocker (not great but remember Amare is a pretty damn good shotblocker, the two of them together could easily control the paint).

Not only that but Nene is really the only C who has a reliable short-mid range jumper which doesn't spread the floor much but does allow you to stretch the post defenders to the point where Amare can easily go one-on-one in the post which is where he is dominant.

If we landed Nene I would give this team a good chance at a ring, pretty much with the players we have right now.

I have to say out of guys we have an outside chance of getting if we're lucky, Nene would be top of my list. He is tall, athletic, very good rebounder, shows a lot of hustle and energy, pretty good shotblocker (not great but remember Amare is a pretty damn good shotblocker, the two of them together could easily control the paint).

Not only that but Nene is really the only C who has a reliable short-mid range jumper which doesn't spread the floor much but does allow you to stretch the post defenders to the point where Amare can easily go one-on-one in the post which is where he is dominant.

If we landed Nene I would give this team a good chance at a ring, pretty much with the players we have right now.

nene to new york would be amazing

smokes

Huge Member
I've always seen DeAndre Jordan as the perfect complimentary center to Amar'e

Although his abilities complement Amare well I think his IQ of the game would leave him in the way too often and he cannot put the ball on the floor which is always gonna be a rough patch in his offensive game.

Defensively, yeah he's a beast.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
We're only giving out 1 yr deals so the list just got shorter

-Remove Dalembert cause he prob wants a multi year deal or could get it elsewhere.
-Remove Camby cause I swore he said in an interview last year that he would retire if he was traded anywhere (doesn't want to move his family anymore)
-D. Jordan is too much $$$
-NeNe (see Jordan)
-Chandler (see NeNe)
-McGee is the Wiz center of the future.

Best chances are...
-Pryzbilla
-J. Jordan
-Wallace
-Evans
-K. Brown
-Foster
-K. Thomas (PF)

Looking at all the guys we can realistically get they are all back-up centers past whatever prime they had (except Jerome Jordan) but I guess we don't have much of a choice and we aren't asking that much from them.

Last edited:

clumsy

Rotation player
Realistically i'd like to see Pyrzbilla in a Knicks uniform. Or a D league talent who plays a similar role of Joel Anthony. I wanted ZaZa Pachulia but i guess he got reupped.

I would love to see Yao here for Discount. He's going to make no money cuz he's coming off back to back major foot injuries. Plus Him and Melo would be major problems for any team when the Knicks slow it down and play half court. Best passing center would be havoc.

p0nder

Starter
Yao is a good option i think. NeNe or howard would be the best fit, period. Marc Gasol would also be a great fit.

In realistic terms... i don't know we are so limited by so much that the best options might already be on our team (jordan, turiaf, jorts). Getting a player like Ben Wallace or Kurt Thomas might not be a bad gamble and could atleast impart some knowledge to the younger Knick big men.

portega1968

El Cacique
ideally Jordan or Chandler/ McGee would be best

realistically; Dalembert or Brown(kwame)

Any mention of Kwame in this thread is depressing

Me thinks Tyson Chandler is worthy of a nice contract and would mesh with STAT perfectly. The time is now, so throw in some JRich and screw the DHoward/Paul 2012 pursuit.