Harrellson: "I'm going to protect my stars"

Hayato

Benchwarmer
this big 3 nonsense needs to stop. people say we had a big 3 with melo amare and billups even though billup isnt a superstar and now people are claiming we have one with harrelson WHILE billups is still on the team! harrelson was a lateround nobody but somehow he translates to a big 3 member.

New New York

Quiet Storm
it never fails after so many years on this forum... we overhype our people and then hit the wall when the season starts... Michael Sweetney, Frank Williams, Andy Rautins, Jordan Hill, Mardy Collins, Dijon Thompson, Maciej Lampe, Slavko Vranes, Lavor Postell, Walter McCarty etc etc etc

I like what has been said about his hustle, but he just isnt athletic enough and has zero offense and that just translates into less minutes than Rautins next season, dont fool yourselves guys

Exactamondo!!!!!!

No matter who we draft we all get completley gassed off of them be it a lottery pick or a purchased 45 pick in the 2nd round.

This kid will do nothing for us next year.....and he will not be on an NBA roster in 2013

If there a summer league this year I wouldnt be surpised if he was coming off the bench for us yet some of you talk about him being an impact for us next year.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
This kid has the size and an attitude. Amar'e could really help him get his offensive game going and mentor him to the workings of pro sports. I can't think of a better place for this kid to land. He will get the same opportunities that Moz got early last year. When he proves he can make a difference at both ends, we'll see him get minutes. Don't expect to see him on the floor until there are some injuries tho.

So Amare is going to make him more athletic and improve his wongspan? Harrellson really really needs to add a midrange shot to have a chance of sticking in the NBA, and I don't know IF he will get the same chance as Mozgov since Mozgov was a legit center who was very athletic, while Harrellson isn't. If Harrellson has problems rebounding against more athletic players, then he will quickly be sent to the D-League or the end of the bench since that's his main skill at this point.

p0nder

Starter
Amar'e is the best Offensive PF in the game. Playing along side him in games, against and with him in practice is going to teach the kid a lot. Amar'e has great mid range moves to get up, good passing skills and great ability to finish. If the kid has time to learn from Amar'e it will help him a lot.

It won't improve his athleticisim, but certainly working with the Knicks personnel will help with that. D. Lee improved his athleticism and shooting while here, why can't this guy?

The only reason Moz got a shot here was the lack of options and injuries to key players. It had nothing to do with him being a "legit center" or athletic. The situation is not really different at Center then it was a year ago.

If the kid show's he can defend, rebound and finish around the rim better then Jefferies, then come injury time (usually right before the all-star break as the season wears on the players) the kid will get his opportunity. If he proves he is serviceable he may end up being "the poor mans kevin love" that we are hoping for.

STAT1

Starter
I like what I'm hearing. It's about damn time SOMEbody stepped up & said they'd be protecting our star players. Timo Mozgov was way too nice of a kid he would never even think of doing or saying anything to show himself to be this type of a player. This is exactly how I want to see Josh Harrellson play, be an enforcer out there, don't let guys get too rough with our guys. If he can be our poor man's Bill Laimbeer, or even a modern day Chris Dudley, then I'll be more than happy with that. We need more guys with some onions on this team.

Paul1355

All Star
He's not better than Mozgov and the Gov's playing time was up and down all year, talking tough does not equate to being a good NBA player and getting PT. D'Antoni will not be playing this kid much.
Mozgov is an idiot with amazing athletic abilities

Harrelson knows his game and smart players beat dumb players so...

Harrelson > Mozgov

Marek

Benchwarmer
Doesn't sound like anyone's going overboard in excitement about Harellson. They're just praising him for saying the right thing so far.

What's with all the contrarians overreacting and comparing Harellson to Mozgov? Dude hasn't even had a shot yet. SMH at this forum.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Doesn't sound like anyone's going overboard in excitement about Harellson. They're just praising him for saying the right thing so far.

What's with all the contrarians overreacting and comparing Harellson to Mozgov? Dude hasn't even had a shot yet. SMH at this forum.

Exactly, well put.. Nobody's hyping him. Just a little curious speculating. Nothing wrong with that.

And the guy does sound like he has twice the nads of Mozgov. Will he back it up on the court?? We have to see..

STAT1

Starter

Mozgov was a scrub, what's to compare?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Mozgov was a scrub, what's to compare?

Exactly. We're comparing him to Mozgov but let's not forget Mozogv actually...is not very good. At all.

AT BEST Josh Harrellson is going to be a 15 minute backup Center whose sole purpose is to use those six fouls he has. That's it. I like the fact that he knows what his role is.

Kiyaman

Legend
You're making Mozgov sound like he was an All-Star. His perimeter game was not that great at all, and he was not a very tough big man. (See below Video.)

Will someone please explain to me why someone would want their BIGMAN (priority to MAN the paint-area) outside on the peremeter???

I know I am ole-school NBA from Oscar Robinson to Jordan, but the last 20 Championship Teams in the NBA did it the ole-school way.
All u Dantoni-Fans that has been invading the Knicks-boards n forums has yet to make any sense about NBA B.Ball on this Knicks team.

Mozgov was to strong and dominating to play in the Euro-Leagues.....
Amare has never played-well with a center.....ask Kurt Thomas, or Shaq, or Lopez

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Will someone please explain to me why someone would want their BIGMAN (priority to MAN the paint-area) outside on the peremeter???

I know I am ole-school NBA from Oscar Robinson to Jordan, but the last 20 Championship Teams in the NBA did it the ole-school way.
All u Dantoni-Fans that has been invading the Knicks-boards n forums has yet to make any sense about NBA B.Ball on this Knicks team.

Mozgov was to strong and dominating to play in the Euro-Leagues.....
Amare has never played-well with a center.....ask Kurt Thomas, or Shaq, or Lopez

That's why he averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds in his last Euroleague season.. Very dominating player he was.. Scary. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Marek

Benchwarmer
Mozgov is a mobile young athlete with potential in his future.

I liked the guy, but bitching about Harellson and saying "He's no Mozgov" is just silly :lol:

STAT1

Starter
I hope this kid is a whole heckuva lot better than Mozgov. At least then he might end up being a legitimate starting C someday.

Kiyaman

Legend
BIG-BODY in the paint to box-out

That's why he averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds in his last Euroleague season.. Very dominating player he was.. Scary. :thumbsup:
:boohoo:

Bill Cartwright average the same numbers with the Bulls to
win 3 straight Championship Rings....while Oakley averaged
14 points and 14 rebounds with the Bulls and couldnt make it to the ECF.
Bill Cartwright was a 20-10 player from his rookie season
untill traded to the Bulls.

When u could explain Cartwright numbers with Knicks & Bulls,
or Earl Monroe numbers with Bullets & Knicks, then u could
respond on a NBA level of B.Ball to my threads.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Exactly. We're comparing him to Mozgov but let's not forget Mozogv actually...is not very good. At all.

AT BEST Josh Harrellson is going to be a 15 minute backup Center whose sole purpose is to use those six fouls he has. That's it. I like the fact that he knows what his role is.

This is the most important fact and everything we need to know. A player who knows what his role is will most likely perform it well.

^^exactly. This is what I was expecting from Moz, but that dude would foul at the most inopportune times. Hopefully Josh will know the difference and floor any and everyone entering the paint. No more easy baskets and no more giants shooting the long ball instead of letting his presence be felt under and around the basket. I see a lot of flagrant's being thrown early and often at this guy. Hopefully they won't hurt us as much as the hard fouls will hurt the opposing team.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
:boohoo:

Bill Cartwright average the same numbers with the Bulls to
win 3 straight Championship Rings....while Oakley averaged
14 points and 14 rebounds with the Bulls and couldnt make it to the ECF.
Bill Cartwright was a 20-10 player from his rookie season
untill traded to the Bulls.

When u could explain Cartwright numbers with Knicks & Bulls,
or Earl Monroe numbers with Bullets & Knicks, then u could
respond on a NBA level of B.Ball to my threads.

Seriously?? Dude, these are shitty examples.. you can't compare a player who's on a championship NBA team to a Russian upstart who played in the Euro leagues! GFOH w this nonsense..

Last edited:

pat

Starter
No more easy baskets and no more giants shooting the long ball instead of letting his presence be felt under and around the basket.

I can see your point. The Mavs' ring proved that. Let's cut this rubbish Euro-style-bigs-shooting-threes non-sense.