Alan Hahn tweets Lawrence Frank "high on the list"

This is my Kiyaman impression:

Thank god Dolan got rid of Donnie Walsh.
He was a terrible GM.
All of the dumb moves he made
makes me... completely sick... to my stomach.
Now we need to hire Herb Williams as our
head coach.... because MDA sucks..
But I never state any facts
as to why he sucks....
But then again....
I never state any facts at all.

KingofNy

Starter
I still think we're going to struggle defensively if MDA doesn't change the system. The offense is specifically designed to not need defense, you're creating a situation where you try to outscore the other team...and it works both ways, sometimes you're the one outscored depending on what the other team does.

If you limit possessions, and then keep a team's field goal percentage down...you'll have better success. We could hold teams to 43% shooting on 113 possessions a game...and we're still giving up more points than a team holding opponents to 44% on 93 possessions.

Yea I know the differential is what matters, if we scored 107 per game while only giving up 103, then technically that's good...but is it practical? I don't want theoretical maybes and possibilities, I want what works. And we routinely see slow/deliberate half court offenses with occasional uptempo pace in appropriate situations go hand. in. hand. with limiting possessions and good defense...both half court and in transition.

Why are we trying to reinvent the wheel? Let someone else experiment. We know what works, and our approach may or may not work...that's not good enough for me.

Mike's system has NEVER worked without some guy named Nash running point for him. Nash made Antoni the coach he is and without him we're seeing who he really is... A garbage coach. Hopefully we'll get Lawrence Frank and he'll teach Antoni how to coach and install a "REAL" defense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mike's system has NEVER worked without some guy named Nash running point for him. Nash made Antoni the coach he is and without him we're seeing who he really is... A garbage coach. Hopefully we'll get Lawrence Frank and he'll teach Antoni how to coach and install a "REAL" defense.

Great Point.....

Nash made Mike Dantoni
Kidd made Lawrence Frank

Both coaches are clueless on DEFENSE

Kiyaman

Legend
This is my Kiyaman impression:

Thank god Dolan got rid of Donnie Walsh.
He was a terrible GM.
All of the dumb moves he made
makes me... completely sick... to my stomach.
Now we need to hire Herb Williams as our
head coach.... because MDA sucks..
But I never state any facts
as to why he sucks....
But then again....
I never state any facts at all.

All the FACTS were in Donnie Walsh & Mike Dantoni's
actions before and during their tour as Knicks.

Herb Williams time has arrive to show what he has learned
from being the Knicks assistant headcoach from 2002 to 2011,
under the tuteledge of five different headcoaches (two being HOF).

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't mind LF as a defensive coach but I feel we're going to have the same problems as last year. DA still ultimately gets the final say about who's out on the floor at crunch time moments & he still has to follow through on what LF could potentially say. He could override any decision from LF which unnerves me. How many games last year did we lose in the last few minutes/seconds of the 4th quarter because of bone head decisions? I look forward to when DA's tenure with the Knicks is over.