DeShawn Stevenson?

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
I like this guy's aggressiveness both personality-wise and on the floor. If we sign him i say he definitely gets the starting spot at SG over landry/douglas. This means we could use one of those two players for a trade depending on what else happens during the pending free agency.

finestrg

Rotation player
Well we can forget all about Casspi -- he was just traded to the Cavs along with Sac's protected 2012 1st round pick for JJ Hickson..That's some trade..I guess the Cavs feel Tristan Thompson is ready to jump in & start contributing right away at the 4 spot..Plus they still have Varejao, Samardo Samuels (who played well for them last year in spot duty, esp. against us), and they acquired undersized hustler Luke Harangody at the trade deadline last February. Still a big-man short I think but I guess they felt like they needed another swingman more than Hickson at this point. And they get Sac's 1st rounder next year which could be big (not sure what protection the Kings placed on the pick). For Sac, it should open up more time for Donte Greene at the 3 and Hickson should be a nice young big-man backup behind Jason Thompson. Pretty good trade for both clubs right here.

DeShawn Stevenson wouldn't be a bad pick up --- I agree with some of you guys: he can shoot 3s, play pretty good defense and appeared to get under LeBron's skin a little bit. All pluses..I wouldn't overpay for those intangibles though. I think we might be able to get more talent for a better cost..Looks like we're content to forge ahead with Fields at the 2 again, backed up by Walker. I wish they would give Matt Bouldin a good look -- I think he would play well under D'Antoni. Still, Fields/Walker isn't bad. Backup 3 is still wide open as of right now though. Do they bring in this kid Julyan Stone? If anything, I think they're looking at Stone as more of a big backup PG who can pass, defend as well as fill in at the 2 & 3 on occasion.. I'm not going to pretend to know much about Stone because I don't --- it appears his size, ball-handling/passing ability and defensive potential at the point intrigues the Knicks but I'm not sold...The lack of offensive output from this guy really scares me. Doesn't look like he can shoot a lick. If Shawne Williams doesn't return, we're really gonna need to replace his outside shooting and intangibles somehow.

How 'bout Jamelle Horne from Arizona? 6'7" 225 lb. SF who has a lot of potential, much more than he showed in his 4 years at Arizona imho. For some reason, he never really took the next step for the Widcats that I thought he eventually would have. First, it may have had a lot to do with being buried behind Chase Budinger for a while early on..Once Budinger got drafted, I really thought this guy was gonna take off but it never happened. Continued to be used as nothing more than a support player. Last year he played only 18 mins a game, down from 29 the year before. Never took more than 8 shots in any one game which is hard for me to comprehend given his ability. I really think he should've been allowed to put up more shots --- for one thing, he was talented enough offensively and two, he was a senior. He earned the right to play significant mins and to touch the ball and get a good amount of shots up at the basket. This dude's strong, long, bouncy athletic, can put it on the floor and slash, hit the offensive glass and really shoot the 3. I even think he has the potential to be a pretty good defender. I like him a lot..I think last year had a lot to do with new coach Sean Miller trying to justify the young guys he brought in and looked to establish like fellow SF/SG Solomon Hill...Looks like Horne got lost in the shuffle a little bit and took a step backwards with the new coach. Even so, I still think this guy's an NBA player. Instead of overpaying for DeShawn Stevenson or targeting an incomplete player like a Julyan Stone and then dealing off Toney Douglas for pennies on the dollar because the backcourt all of a sudden becomes too crowded, I might keep Douglas around for another season, see what kind of progress he makes coming off the shoulder surgery (Toney's been around now and knows the system---he could still get better) and pick up this kid Horne as my extra wing player. I think we could do a hell of a lot worse. Too bad summer league is cancelled because Horne would've been a guy I would've liked them to bring in for a closer look..D'Antoni would like this guy -- he's got some nice two-way potential..Not saying Horne will ever be a star but I think he's definitely an NBA player. I think he could be one of those rare guys that comes into the NBA and becomes a much better player than he was in college..Looks like a more complete, better overall talent than Julyan Stone to me..Would be a nice option behind Melo esp. if Shawne Williams doesn't come back:

Last edited:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
BUMP

DeShawn would be perfect with us. He defends well (Guarded LeBron in the Finals) and can shoot the open three. Can we get him with the vet min?

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
he'd be going against lebron with ty (im gonna assume stevenson knows having him is a good thing) and 2 of the best forwards in the game. i see know reason he wouldn't wanna play for the knicks unless he got a guaranteed starting job elsewhere.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Should we just pry away the entire Mavs core? Would we be considered the reigning champs?

I would be happy with Stevenson, though. Tough, team oriented guy.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i want this guy exactly what we need he has that swagger and doesnt back down from anyone, definitely not LeBitch.

la2ny

Starter
Hell yeah I want this guy(pause)

I think this would be the perfect fit. Push Landry to the bench where he should be and if we get Crawford Landry can play the backup 3 spot. And if Barea accepts, we could be on to something here.

Bibby/Barea
Stevenson/Crawford
Melo/Fields
Stat/Shawne(hopefully)
Chandler/(Ryan Hollins?)

Thats a damn good team

Knicks#7

Rookie
I really like Stevenson, for all the reasons that have Been mentioned. I was thinking about a s&t to get him and JJ from Mavs, and maybe even bring back Brewer. Then we get Shawne Williams and Jordan signed. We are building something. Chandler can advise if JJ and Stevenson should be a priority or not since he know their work habits. Ready for the season

Paul1355

All Star
I don't like his attitude and he could be a problem in the locker room.

But this guy is a very solid defender and shoots the three-ball at a very high clip. With the Mavs acquiring Fernandez, I think he is available.

Plus, he's got beef with LeBron! :thumbsup:

Thoughts?

Stephenson was clutch in the playoffs and finals last year, i would not mind him....but Douglas, Bibby, Walker, Williams, and hopefully Fields have outside shots so not too worried about the 3 point shooting.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the market on him isn't hot right now, and i say this is when we should sneak in and get him before another opportunity presents itself to him. i think the 2 yr 2.5mill deal is perfect for him to fill. i think were looking to see what happens with crawford and if we can get him first

CA7

Scoring Champ
I wish we could send Douglas, Walker and Balkman +cash to Dallas for Barea then use the mini MLE for Deshawn Stevenson, re-sign Shawne Williams and grab Mo Evans for cheap

PG- Barea/Bibby/Shumpert
SG- Stevenson/Fields
SF- Anthony/Williams/Evans
PF- Stoudemire/Jeffries
C- Chandler/Jordan/Harrelson