Who agrees with this??

commonse

Benchwarmer
I totally agree wit this Kriss! Starbury dished the assists when the situation needed it.. (preliminary plays)
and after that he just showed what else he can do.

Team leader in assist, 3rd in ppg, made 2 records and the end he was trynta win that gold...wasnt his fault i think.

GO STARBURY, GO KNICKS!!!

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
so right ! Starbury was the man !
Duncan has had foul trouble, iverson was so goog in D, but... man, Starbury was the greatest ! Assist, drive to the basket, 3 pointers...he was everywhere! in the last games he was the goto guy !

In Starbury I trust !

Go Marbury, Go NY, Go USA.

WiL8000

Rotation player
The most consistent member on team USA without a doubt. Marbury can hold his head up high......

JJtheKnick

Starter
i might have to say iverson he started off slow but he was geting like 15 pts a game. but marbury did a great job as well.

newmove

Rotation player
We were talking about how he's improved. If the question was who's been the most efficient player then no doubt you know who's the "Answer". But Stephon improved so much. And that 31-point perfomance, I'll remember it to the rest of my days! I love to say it, I'm so proud that Steph plays for OUR team!

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Starbury was definetely dishing a lot of assists. He was the one leading the team thats for sure. He stepped up and broke those two olympic records to keep the US gold metal chance alife. But when they went against Argentina, his determination alone wasn't enough to pull off the win, he did score a resonable amount though. I hope the the Starbury that broke those records thoughout every game on the regular season.

JJtheKnick

Starter
TmAc N Knicks4life said:
yeaaa bc of him we atleats got a medal or if it wst 4 him we woulnt even had the bronze which would have been sad!!

this team needed to win gold they say but i say look at where this team was and look how they finshed. it was not that bad when you thing about it.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I think the US team got jobbed. Shaq would have been ineffective. There were a lot of "Phantom Calls". You could see that the players were wondering what the foul was. even the refs looked confused & unsure.

As a result, tip-off was delayed by about 40 minutes. The delay was just more fuel for the anti-American fires that have been expressed by whistles, jeers and boos since the opening ceremony 15 days ago. According to a USA Basketball spokesperson, the mix-up was the result of conflicting directives Friday night from FIBA, international basketball's ruling body.

For the Americans, FIBA is just another four-letter word.

"I am 95 percent certain that my FIBA career is over," said NBA All-Star center Tim Duncan, who according to Popovich has fouled out only twice in his career with the Spurs, yet was in foul trouble throughout the Olympics. "FIBA sucks."

On the popularity scale, it looks as if the media are in a dead heat with FIBA. The Americans are angry at hearing they were overpaid, overfed, over-hyped and unhappy to be over in Greece.

"That's disrespectful and ignorant," said New Jersey Nets forward Richard Jefferson, a former University of Arizona and Valley high school star. "Some people wanted to say that they we didn't care.

"That was some of the most ignorant stuff I've ever heard."

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
WiL8000 said:
The most consistent member on team USA without a doubt. Marbury can hold his head up high......

i dunno man the most consistent.. to be the most consistent he wouldve had to play the whole olympics like he did the last three games.. maybe hes most consistent by default cuz everyone else was inconsistentl

JJtheKnick

Starter
pbjb14 said:
WiL8000 said:

i dunno man the most consistent.. to be the most consistent he wouldve had to play the whole olympics like he did the last three games.. amybe hes most consistent by defaukt cuz everyone else was inconsistent

marbury played hard when we needed him. and if you saw in that last game he was driving to the hoop and takeing things into his own hands. thats what a superstar does

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
dont quote the person who spoke before u , and just becasue someone plays when u need them doesnt make them consistent eighther

JJtheKnick

Starter
dont quote the person who spoke before u

What????

and listen marbury plays when u need him. its like gary shefield on the yankees when you need him he gets the big hit. when u need marbury he gets the big shot.

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
Bottom line-Marbs couldn't shoot during the EXHIBITION PRELIMINARIES,but in the Medal rounds(when it mattered the most) he was as effective as any Team USA player-arguably better if you tally up assists, pts,turnovers,and plus to minus ratio when he was on the court.

newmove

Rotation player
Couldn't or did not want to? I think he just saw no need for that during the exhibitions but when it really mattered he stepped up and played like anyone else. Even my man AI was not as effective as Steph. That's a sign of greatness for Stephon.