NBA Lockout: Web sites can't use player names and videos

tiger0330

Legend
Team web sites and NBA.com can't use players names and videos during the lockout. I don't visit the Knicks team web site often but I think they took down any picture of a present player and can only use retired players because I see John Starks on the main page.

Probably the reason for all the guest logins today, the union checking out the site to see if there was any team related content on KOL.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
KO wouldn't have that problem - KO is not a TEAM site, it's a FAN site.

If we were owned by MSG that'd be one thing, but we're not.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i see all the nba teams sites are the same and the main nba page only has a lockout article and some wnba info

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
i see all the nba teams sites are the same and the main nba page only has a lockout article and some wnba info
Was weird looking at that, and sad. I didn't know reading tiger's post it was THIS empty until my friend linked me to the site. I don't even know the purpose for making it like this....Locking out the fans too?

Sage

Rotation player
On the (slight) plus side, the NBA youtube channel is uploading some cool old stuff.

smokes

Huge Member
On the (slight) plus side, the NBA youtube channel is uploading some cool old stuff.

Yeah well they have an entire TV channel to keep running so expect a lot of good classic content coming in the next couple of months. Maybe we'll get to see some nice 90's Knicks stuff.

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
looking at the NBA channels lineup in looks like a shitload of WNBA... but starting at 2 tomorrow(east coast) they are showing every dunk contest from 86-94 plus the an ABA dunk contest from 76 :smokin:

tiger0330

Legend
How does the lockout work for ESPN if say they want to show repeats of the 2011 NBA finals, I was looking forward to seeing the rerun of this years finals.