Penny For Jalen Rose????

I read this on another website, and Im not sure if you guys talked about it, but check this out:

This was reported on the Pacers Digest: "There's a rumor announced on one of the NYC radio stations that Isiah's trying to swing a trade of Penny Hardaway to Toronto for Jalen Rose. Toronto might do it because Penny's contract's a year shorter - and because Jalen's Jalen. And we all know how Isiah loves him."

I def. wanna hear what my fellow Knick Fans think about it.
Im iffy on the trade, I love Penny, but thats a BIGGGG CONTRACT we get back in Jalen. I love Jalen's game though.

oo word! damn the otha day on hot 97 rose was on and he syaing how he would love 2 play 4 knicks and NYC and everything and i was syaing y wont isiah try 2 get him hes might tight as a playa and nyc is a dream 4 playa liek him i would trdae him 4 penny pennys getin old but i love peeny he saved us couble of times during season but rose could do betta he avgd ova 15 points per game vs 9 plus pennys got a hudge contact i dought raptors make the trade, it owuld be nice if they send carter over with him 2 =)

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
penny's nice but his contract aint worth his game trade him and get some cap room and maybe give us some space for international players or even some upcoming free agents in the future

OHHH HELL NO.

NOBODY WANTS JALEN CUZ HE IS NOT AN IMPACT PLAYER....

THAT'S WHY HE BEEN SENT AROUND ALL OVER THE PLACE...

HE DIDNT LIKE THAT HE WAS 2ND OPTION WHEN HE WAS IN INDIANA...

THAS WHY THEY BOUNCED HIM.........HE WENT TO THE BULLS AND TRIED

TO BE THE MAN ....BULLS SHIPPED HIM OFF..... THEN HE PLAYED FOR TORONTO AND WANTED TO RUN THE POINT.....GOD KNOWS WHY...

THIS CAT IS A CANCER TO ANY TEAM AND DEFINIELY NOT WORTH

ALL THAT CREAM HE IS GETTING.....

PENNY MAY BE PASSED HIS PRIME BUT HE ALWAYS RESPECTS HIS TEAMMATES AND IS NOT CONCERNED WITH SPOTLIGHT...

HE NOT EVEN A STARTER FOR NEW YORK AND U CAN SEE THAT HE IS EMBRACING HIS ROLE..........AND LUVS TO BE A KNICK.....

WHATEVER JALEN CAN DO, PENNY CAN DO..............

:? AT ISIAH IF HE TRYIN TO GET JROSE

e_D

Benchwarmer
not a good deal. someone had stated earlier how valuable penny will be next offseason when his contract is ready to come off the books. nice trade bait along with Tim Thomas for another star. To trade him this year for Rose would be a waste.. I know he'd bitch and moan coming off the bench behind Thomas, so.. no point.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Jalen Rose is past his prime. His attitude is one this relatively younger Knicks team can't afford. Penny Hardaway has stated from day one that his goal was to help the Knicks get better. He can play the 1, 2, & 3 position. As well, I wish people knew the reality of a contract before the sent in responses that aren't based in fact. Jalen Rose is on the books with Toronto til 2007, here's his salary:

Jalen Rose 04/05 $14,487,000 05/06 $15,694,250 07/08 $16,901,500
Anfernee Hardaway 04/05 $14,625,000 05/06 $15,750,000.

Now I'm no math wiz or Vegas gambler. But I'll bet my house, car, hell and all my clothes that Penny's contract is considered to be the better of the two. Penny can educate the younger players. Rose will just complain and won't play D. And with the international players angle...PLEASE! The reason those guys aren't in the league is because as Richard Jefferson said it best: "There's a reason why European guards are such good shooters. It's because they don't allow the big guys to play." Case in point Tim Duncan who's fouled out in only 3-5 games in his NBA career, Fouled Out in 2 games and had 4 fouls in every game. They can get away with in europe. But what will they do against big men like Shaq, B.Wallace, Garnett. Or guards like Bryant, Allen, Iverson,TMac or Franchise? The answer...Absolutely nothing!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I agree with Dr. Carpy. I love Jalen but on the business side you can't make that trade unless you are getting a marquee big man.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
If Isiah is truly the wiz I think he is, he will hold penny until his contract is ready to expire than FINALLY WITH THAT HUGHE CAP SPACE, THE KNICKS WILL FINALLY GET THE BIG MAN WE BEEN WAITING FOR AND DREAMING SO LONG ABOUT.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
we all talk about signing a "Qualiy" big man with cap space...who are we talking about???? Who is that quality big that will be available?

I would rather see us keep Penny though...

ARKATECH

Rookie
I say we keep penny because he is versitile, able to play th 1, 2 &, 3. Also penny has great court vision. He could still be great but in his mind he has relegated himself to back up position because i think he fears injury...... it's a mental block, it's a shame to because he looks in great physical shape. I hope he steps up so we'll never even think about trading him ...... Penny on the knicks ...... lol who would have though??!!