Many Teams Eyeing Dalembert.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Word on the street is a number of teams are jofkeying for position to acquire the services of Sammy. The Houston Rockets, along with the Miami HEAT and the Knickerbockers are said to be frontrunners in acquiring him.

Got it from HOOPSWORLD.

Personally, I think he wants to go to Miami. :(

Hopefully, I'm dead wrong and he signs with us.

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
I gotta say, it seems to make more sense for him to go to Miami to be honest. At this moment, Miami is closer to winning a title than we are and with the whole big 3 they have (as much as i hate them) they are a pretty attractive team. I really do hope he comes here as well along with any other guys that we and Miami are competing for.

petescud

Starter
I think teams will want Nene more the Dalembert ... wish we got either but i think both are too much $$$

moneyg

Starter
whats Miami's cap situation?

currently.....mia can only sign a mid level player...just like us... the question is ...Can Dalembert get more alot more elsewhere??

Houston's got like 47 mil commited.. if they get rid of thabet, they can save about 5 mil more.. they can offer him the most out of the three..

currently.....mia can only sign a mid level player...just like us... the question is ...Can Dalembert get more alot more elsewhere??

Houston's got like 47 mil commited.. if they get rid of thabet, they can save about 5 mil more.. they can offer him the most out of the three..
Didn't they already use their MLE to sign Mike Miller?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

Yeah, I agree with Mr. President.

I seem to recall Miami signing Mike Miller for the MLE after they signed Haslem.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
You get one mid level per year. So you can sign a mid level for 5 years last year and still sign another one for the following year and so on.
Theres no way thats true. I'm pretty sure that you can only have one MLE under contract at a time. Thats why Jared Jeffries was such a bad signing a few years back.

STAT1

Starter
Theres no way thats true. I'm pretty sure that you can only have one MLE under contract at a time. Thats why Jared Jeffries was such a bad signing a few years back.

Jeffries was a bad signing because he sucked. You get a MLE every year if you're a capped out team, but you're not forced to use it, it's an option that's available to you if you have no cap room to sign any free agents. This is the only way for NBA teams to improve their rosters every year, otherwise teams like the Heat, Lakers, Celtics, etc. would have no means of bringing in any new talent outside of the draft.

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Lol wow ...guy needs to grow a beard or something ...but still for some reason I just don't see him settling for less money to play for a mia or nyk... teams are probably going to throw the wallet at him

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Not at all. Jeffries was a bad signing because he sucked, not because of his contract. Case in point we also signed Chris Duhon to the MLE, same with Jerome James

la2ny

Starter
Well, I guess it's that age old decision of money over ring.

Also another thing he could consider is he'd have a much more important role and be more crucial to the success of the team if he signed w/ us rather than Miami. I know if I wanted a ring I'd atleast want to have a pretty decent role in going for it.

knicksin60

Starter
If Dalembert doesn't sign with the Heat he will end up signing with a team other than the Knicks.As much as the Knicks have improved in the last year they are still an incomplete team with a few pieces away from being a contender.NBA veterans like Dalembert want to win championships right away and since the Heat are already contenders any veteran would be foolish to turn down the chance of playing for them for an opportunity to play on a team that hasn't won a playoff game in more than ten years.Not trying to disrespect the Knicks, but Lebron James has proved that stars are more concerned about chasing rings than anything else.When it comes to luring Dalembert, the Knicks really don't have anything that another team doesn't have already.

Last edited: