Son.......

knicksin60

Starter
There is no reason why D'antoni should be brought back but I wouldn't mind if they brought him back for one more year just to fire him if the Knicks don't improve under him.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Interesting...

This seems pretty unbalanced though. The owners elected to lock the players out, which entitles them not to pay anything...

Also, not sure how this affects MDA's contract - which probably wasn't made in relation to the CBA at all, seeing as only players and not coaches or other personnel (I believe) are covered under the CBA

There could be penalties at some point, I dunno. I know when the MTA went on strike in 2005 there were penalties for the union I believe...but I dunno how it works in this case since it's a lockout and not a work stoppage.

But as it is, there's really no damage being done to the players yet. Any money owed from the last CBA is still being paid to those players owed the money. Guys don't actually start losing money until they start losing game checks, and checks aren't issued until November anyway. So the players aren't feeling the lockout in their bank accounts at this point, so theres no incentive on their part to rush into anything.