Center

smokes

Huge Member
The guy played three years of NCAA ball, is 7 foot 3 and Chinese (NBA about to lose one of their biggest cash cows now Yao is retiring). If he had even a hint of game I think he'd be on an NBA team already.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The guy played three years of NCAA ball, is 7 foot 3 and Chinese (NBA about to lose one of their biggest cash cows now Yao is retiring). If he had even a hint of game I think he'd be on an NBA team already.

Indeed.

Yes he's 7'3" but if he were really that good in China surely someone would have noticed by now.

In addition he played two years of ball at Cal and also played in the FIBA World Championships in 2010, if he had any decent talent someone would have noticed it when he was in college or on these international tournaments.

I doubt he has any game at all.

Camby, McGee, Jordan, Chandler, Oden for the center spot :thumbsup:

Please no more semi-good players at the center position. The last time we had a decent center was in 03-04 with Mutombo. Since then we either had power forwards playing center (Kurt Thomas, Ronny Turiaf, Jeffries, David Lee, Taylor, Shelden Wiliams etc.) or shit players mounting the center spot (Curry, Nazr Mohammed, Sundov, Sweetney etc.).

It's almost a decade, since the center position didn't give us any headache.

Why can't we just trade Fields, Douglas and Turiaf for McGee? We don't need a 20-10 guy next to STAT. What we need is a legit center who can rebound, block shots and play defense.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Why can't we just trade Fields, Douglas and Turiaf for McGee? We don't need a 20-10 guy next to STAT. What we need is a legit center who can rebound, block shots and play defense.

We can't make a trade like that because we have no depth. If we trade Fields AND Toney D, it would put an inordinate amount of pressure on us to sign a a solid starting SG in free agency. Not sure how wise that is. The better plan is to keep our remaining young assets, offer some cheap one year 1 deals to bigs and veteran shooting guards, and save our money to spend big NEXT offseason - when a much more talented class of free agents will be available.

Kiyaman

Legend
I actually believe all NBA agents of bigmen centers and PF are
keeping their clients as far as posible from the ruins of celebrity
coach Mike Damnphony (DNP doghouse).
D.League Earl Barron's agent was asking the Knicks for 3 times
the price he got from the Suns and Bucks....crazy right?

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I actually believe all NBA agents of bigmen centers and PF are
keeping their clients as far as posible from the ruins of celebrity
coach Mike Damnphony (DNP doghouse).
D.League Earl Barron's agent was asking the Knicks for 3 times
the price he got from the Suns and Bucks....crazy right?
chippernonoignmn4nk4jm5.gif

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Kwame isn't the same, bro. We all know Kwame is just that - a roleplayer good for 20 minutes a game.

The difference with that is at least Kwame has proven himself to be an NBA player. Like it or not, he's an NBA player.

This guy, on the other hand...