D Will playing in Turkey

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Williams on signing with Turkey: 'Just made it official'

Posted Jul 16 2011 10:07PM
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) -- New Jersey Nets point guard Deron Williams says on Twitter that he has officially signed with Turkey's Besiktas.
The All-Star guard has posted a picture of Friday's agreement with Besiktas bearing his signature on his Twitter account.
Williams says on Twitter: "just made it official, headed to Turkey...signed with Besiktas."
Williams averaged 20.1 points and 10.3 assists for the Nets and the Utah Jazz last season.

This matters and it might only be the beginning. I don't like the idea of any players playing overseas and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

On the other hand this will most likely eliminate one team available to sign players. Of course losing one player temporarily might lead to more.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This is a really good thing. Deron is trying to force the hand of the owners by letting them realize that the players are not going to simply wait and let the owners have their way and institute a 45 million dollar hard salary cap.

By going overseas he's forcing them to make a deal that's at the level of or close to the current CBA terms and that's a good thing cause we benefit from the recently expired CBA.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I still don't believe we'll lose many games, if any at all. I know what the experts are saying, I know how far apart the sides are...but the teams that are losing money during the season, can't afford to make absolutely no revenue due to there not being any games at all. Those teams need a better revenue sharing model...and actual revenue, to be shared, not a hard stance and not budging.

The owners of profitable teams can miss a season, but you're only as strong as your weakest members. So as long as the T'Wolves and Kings struggle to make ends meet, there will be a CBA and a season that starts in late October-November. Unless the NBA is cool with those teams going under and controlling multiple franchises instead of just the Hornets.

Deron isn't going anywhere.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
I doubt Deron plays a single game over there.

To me it is a stunt.

Also I don't see how this sways the owners at all, unless a great majority get these same deals over there.