Believing the Hype: Past Knicks who YOU overatted

tumblr_lifqtbSoyG1qakh43o1_400.gif
LMAO that pic is hilarious. :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

th3realicon

Rotation player
Starbury, when we signed him i thought we were going to be a best of the east. After 6 months i lost any hope. A year in and i hated the guy more than any walking creature in gods land.

STAT1

Starter
Starbury, when we signed him i thought we were going to be a best of the east. After 6 months i lost any hope. A year in and i hated the guy more than any walking creature in gods land.

Good call on Starbury, I felt the exact same way you did when we traded for him. Was excited as hell when Isiah pulled off that trade, & even had high hopes for Penny Hardaway. I thought Starbury was gonna be the guy that brought the Knicks back. Boy, was I wrong. He is now easily the most hated Knick ever in my eyes.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He's not my most hated Knick EVER (Eddy Curry, Jerome James, etc.) but man Starbury really ruined his time here.

Dude should've just shut the hell up and play basketball. It probably didn't help that Isiah was coach, though.

He's not my most hated Knick EVER (Eddy Curry, Jerome James, etc.) but man Starbury really ruined his time here.

Dude should've just shut the hell up and play basketball. It probably didn't help that Isiah was coach, though.
Yeah if anything Isiah was just feeding his ego. I remember watching an interview with Marbury where he was praising Isiah and saying that Isiah helped him become a man LOL. Then after that vaseline video his career just went down the drain.

STAT1

Starter

He is for me. I hated Eddy Curry's lazy attitude & hated the fact that we ever signed Jerome James to begin with, but Marbury took his assholish ways to another level. Outwardly undermined the head coach, put himself above his team, played a key role in creating a circus atmosphere behind the scenes (no doubt dissuaded other good professional players from wanting any part of coming here as a result) & along w/Isiah managed to make the Knicks franchise into the laughing stock of the NBA. Marbury had the chance to become a NY sports legend & icon & he threw it away because he was too arrogant & self involved to think beyond anything but himself.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
He is for me. I hated Eddy Curry's lazy attitude & hated the fact that we ever signed Jerome James to begin with, but Marbury took his assholish ways to another level. Outwardly undermined the head coach, put himself above his team, played a key role in creating a circus atmosphere behind the scenes (no doubt dissuaded other good professional players from wanting any part of coming here as a result) & along w/Isiah managed to make the Knicks franchise into the laughing stock of the NBA. Marbury had the chance to become a NY sports legend & icon & he threw it away because he was too arrogant & self involved to think beyond anything but himself.

couldn't agree more Marbury is the worst Knick ever in my eyes.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, Marbury...

It's a shame too. There's no doubt in my mind that he's was a tremendously talented player (not the best PG in the league as he would say, but talented nonetheless) but he really ruined his time in New York.

To think that there was a point where I thought he'd be the next franchise player to return the franchise to glory. How wrong I was.

metrocard

Legend
Renaldo Balkman looked like the next Shawn Marion his first time with the Knicks...poor work ethic stopped him from reaching full potential.

Anthony Randolph, worst handling by the Knicks since Marbury. When you got a Marcus Camby talent ready to play, you don't mess it up. Knicks organization always fail with talent, whether its in the draft or having actual talent.