Sundov signs one year contract with Knicks

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Knicks sign a big man

Real GM: According to SportNet.hr, a Croatian sports website, Bruno Sundov signed a one year contract to play for New York Knicks. "I'm returning to the NBA, I just faxed the contract back to America. I'm spending the next season in NY and I believe I'll fight my way to get more PT," said Sundov to SportNet.hr.

Bruno played for 4 teams in 3 leagues this past season. After being waived by Cleveland, he signed a 10 day contract with New York, which wasn't renewed after it had expired. He went on to join the Gary SteelHeads of the CBA, and then returned to Europe, where he finished the season with Euroleague champion, Maccabi Tel Aviv.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
two questions is this guy good, and does this put us out of the runnign for keon clark money wise

e_D

Benchwarmer
well.. i've never seen him play so i cant say.. but i CAN say this guy is not our answer at center. Just a placeholder til our man comes. As for Keon, I dont know, but I doubt we'd get him now. Why keep Naz, add Sundov for a year, and Keon as well? That's throwing money away. Unless Naz moves, it might make sense.. but I dont expect Keon coming aboard at this point.

Just when I thought Isiah only wanted young black guys with troubled upbringings, he adds a white boy from Croatia. I'm interested in seeing his game.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Here's more info on him.
He's 7-2
In the 5 games he played with the Knicks last season, he averaged 2.2 points, 2 rebounds in 6.6 minutes a game.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
e_D said:
Just when I thought Isiah only wanted young black guys with troubled upbringings, he adds a white boy from Croatia. I'm interested in seeing his game.

hahahahahah :lol: good stuff

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Seen Keon play in Toronto. He blocks shots and runs the floor well. Has a decent jumper. Low post game is average. But sundov is a complete jobber. I'm talking this guy is the NBA equivalent of doink the clown or the brooklyn brawler. And what's up with crack about brother with troubled upbringings? I don't think those silly kinds of comments are necessary. Just one brother's opinion.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
interesting, i don't see why isiah made this move, we'll just have to trust him again.
but first i'll wait to see if espn reports something, they're blank on this one right now

e_D

Benchwarmer
dr.carpy said:
And what's up with crack about brother with troubled upbringings? I don't think those silly kinds of comments are necessary.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone man.

Bruno

Benchwarmer
i´m asking if in europe dont exist best players then a guy that have the same name that me portugal have good players like francisco jordao ? its a question that one day i like somoene in the NBA respond to me .

rady

Administrator
Staff member
looks like the rumor wasn't confirmed yet, it's been 4 days now since the croatian article

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
Isaiah is very in his own words "creative" but he better "create" a good answer for signing Brewer AND Sundov. I thought he was trying to get rid of bums not add more bums to the roster.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Well, it's official. Sundov is the newest Knick.

NBA.com: NEW YORK, September 8, 2004 - New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas announced today that center Bruno Sundov has been signed to a contract. As per club policy, terms of the deal are not announced.

Sundov, 7-2, 260-pounds, appeared in four games for the Cleveland Cavaliers and one for the Knicks during the 2003-04 season, averaging 2.2 points, 2.0 rebounds and 6.6 minutes. The six-year NBA veteran was signed to a 10-day contract on Jan. 21, 2004 by New York. In 81 career games, the Croatian-native has averaged 1.8 points and 1.2 rebounds for the Dallas Mavericks, Indiana Pacers, Boston Celtics, Cavaliers and Knicks.

“Bruno will add size and depth to our frontcourt,” Thomas said. “I have monitored his progress throughout his career. We have seen his improvement and feel we are getting him at the right stage of his development.”

e_D

Benchwarmer
kriss childs said:
Isaiah is very in his own words "creative" but he better "create" a good answer for signing Brewer AND Sundov. I thought he was trying to get rid of bums not add more bums to the roster.

If these guys do turn out to be bums, at least they're getting less than a mill, unlike high priced bums like Moochie and Shandon.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
This has to mean that something else is in the works...now with Bruno we have Naz, KT, Williams, Baker and Sweet...that is a lot of guys for 2 positions...I say one or two of these guys are gone by the season.

How many contracts do we have right now anyway????

rady

Administrator
Staff member
we have 15 under contract, so that means we don't have any spots left. probably dermarr will be waived now..

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I'm putting my trust on Isiah, its not like its a long term commitment with either one of these new guys. Its either they bust their ass and fight for some minutes or good bye. Plus we need some hard working bums in the bench. Someone gotta pick up the slack when the stars are on the bench and sometimes when there are only stars on the floor, like the olympics the chemistry is not really there, but if you add some bums in the mix the chemistry might be better.

JJtheKnick

Starter
demarr i feel bad for him he did so good last year and look what happens. i hope he finds a team thats going somewhere