Rank your current top 10 small fowards

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Odom isn't a SF at all. He has barely played the 3 for the Lakers, this season he only started at the 3 in Game 3 of the playoffs because Artest was suspended and the Lakers were desperate. Phil Jackson even said it this year, if I can find the quote. It basically said, "We may try Lamar there, but he hasn't played the 3 for us before."

So Odom should NOT be considered a SF since he plays PF about 99% of the time. He is a PF and usually subs in for either Bynum or Gasol and plays PF then. This season a Bynum/Gasol/Odom lineup only played together 2 minutes and 19 seconds before that playoff game.

Here's one quote: "I haven't played small forward in a couple years now, but it makes no difference, you know what I mean? It's not like [the Mavericks] play a lot of isolation ball with their small forward anyway, or anything like that. So defensively, I won't be on an island or anything like that."- Lamar Odom

82games.com SF usage stats for Odom the last few years: 0% (Which means he played SF, but for a very very short stretch, his other minutes were 65% at PF and 1% at center), 3% with the other 61% at PF, 0% again, 57% at PF, 4% with 66% at PF and 3% at center.

So based on all this, he is a PF. He hasn't played significant minutes at SF since 05-06 where he played 34% of his minutes at SF, and 44% of his minutes at PF. Also the %'s are based off of ALL the minutes you can possibly play (48 MPG), so basically he played 34% of total minutes at SF, and and 44% at PF with the other 22% being on the bench resting.

We know he's doesn't play the SF now. Some of us still think of him that way based on what he can do tho. That's all.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
We know he's doesn't play the SF now. Some of us still think of him that way based on what he can do tho. That's all.

Ok but you shouldn't even put him on these lists then. Just because I think LeBron can play PG doesn't mean I should rank him on a "top 10 PG" list. Or if I think Rose or Westbrook would be top 10 SGs, etc.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Ok but you shouldn't even put him on these lists then. Just because I think LeBron can play PG doesn't mean I should rank him on a "top 10 PG" list. Or if I think Rose or Westbrook would be top 10 SGs, etc.

I hear you, but he really used to play the SF position quite a bit... and is more than capable of playing it again. I'll always think of him as a SF so that's why I put him on the list.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
I hear you, but he really used to play the SF position quite a bit... and is more than capable of playing it again. I'll always think of him as a SF so that's why I put him on the list.

He used to, key word is used to. And Lakers lineups with him at the 3 the last 4 years have been very very bad most of the time. So maybe he can still play the 3, but the Lakers have decided to use him as their backup 4 off the bench.