Anyone else feel like we get no respect in the media?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Seriously, ESPN and the like LOVE to hate on the Knicks.

I realized it more than ever when ESPN was jizzing all over Blake Griffin and his dunks on Mozgov and Gallinari. It was to the point where they mentioned everything about that game except for the fact that the Knicks WON...

knickscity

Benchwarmer
ESPN is all about highlights, and in the games you mentioned, Blake Griffin had them.

They showed Amar'e dunks as well, even them showing Amar'e giving Blake a nod at the free throw line about one of his dunks.

As far as the hate, the team has been a joke for a decade, but now we have one of the highest nationally televised game counts next season if their is one.

The team will have to match that exposure with success though.

But honestly, give me NBA TV any day over BSPN.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
While on the subject of media hating us....i feel that we (at least in NY) have NO informative and fanatic basketball media personalities whatsoever! Yea BT is good, but hes not at the level of lets say what Kay or Francessa is to baseball, those guys can talk baseball during the NBA finals. They can talk baseball in January.....we need a media personality like that for basketball. The closest thing i can come up with is Bill Simmons, but hes getting too hollywood now. Comparing everything to freakin movies and hes a boston homer till the end. It was bareable to put up with him being so pro-celtic a few years back when he wasnt so mainstream but now that combination of hollywood + boston homering is just too much. So in conclusion, i sit here without any basketball for the foreseeable future! Damn this fkin sux, im really suffering from NBA withdrawal!

Marek

Benchwarmer
Bill Daughtry does an awesome job talking basketball. With Mac & BT gone, he's all we got left.

With the Yankees the way they are, that will dominate sports media. Think about it...Baseball is the ONLY thing going on in the summer. Without that, nobody has anything to talk about. Any given year, you may have soccer or the Olympics, but the media RELIES HEAVILY on baseball to keep ratings up during the boring summer months.

Therefore, all media has a heavy stake in making sure you're interested in baseball. That's why they talk about it when there's snow on the ground. When the NY Giants are in the Super Bowl, baseball ended 2 months ago and doesn't start again until 2 months from now, and yet...the Yanks still get tons of coverage. Baseball is key to the sports media making money in the summer; gotta keep interest healthy all year round.

As for the Knicks being mistreated in the media...good. After a decade of media policy that was neither media-friendly nor fan-friendly, why should anyone be nice to them? Walsh is gone now, and Dolan plans on putting a gag on everyone in the Garden again. The media tries to keep integrity, but they're only human. If you treat them like crap and make their jobs harder, don't be surprised if you don't get much love back.

ESPN is bullsh... anyway. Mike Breen is aight, JVG has knowledge, though he's a bit of an idiot at times. Glad that Mark Jackson is gone as commentator...the guy drove me crazy with all his bragging, instead of simply commentating the damn game.

ESPN love Lebron, Blake, Chicago and everyone who's 'hot' right now.

Oh and we got some respect during that winning streak. It went to the point where the media actually started to overhype us, some journalists said that we might win the Atlantic....from then on the winning streak was over and we struggled abit. Our playoff display was shit though, the only team to get swept...it still hurts and angers me.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
ESPN is bullsh... anyway. Mike Breen is aight, JVG has knowledge, though he's a bit of an idiot at times. Glad that Mark Jackson is gone as commentator...the guy drove me crazy with all his bragging, instead of simply commentating the damn game.

ESPN love Lebron, Blake, Chicago and everyone who's 'hot' right now.

Oh and we got some respect during that winning streak. It went to the point where the media actually started to overhype us, some journalists said that we might win the Atlantic....from then on the winning streak was over and we struggled abit. Our playoff display was shit though, the only team to get swept...it still hurts and angers me.

You forgot the Lakers.

In this clip...Mr. Martinez is the Mavs, and Paul.....well just watch the clip, I'm sure many of you already know the outcome:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Seriously, ESPN and the like LOVE to hate on the Knicks.

I realized it more than ever when ESPN was jizzing all over Blake Griffin and his dunks on Mozgov and Gallinari. It was to the point where they mentioned everything about that game except for the fact that the Knicks WON...

You called it bro those faggots at ESPN are haters:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
Any kind of Sports-media-hatred towards an individual or a team is
"GREAT"...... like Toney the Tiger.

Media-Hatred is great Publicity-advertisement to prove the media wrong....
Lebron took the Hatred to the FINALS.... Amare Stoudemire shut the
Hatred-down by scoring 30+ points in 9 straight games with the Knicks
winning 8 straight games.
Media Hatred is suppose to hype up an individual or team to improve their
level of performance. Kobe Bryant NBA career proves this as a fact.

HOF coach Larry Brown has used the philosophy of "Media-Hatred" to
stir-up his players and teams on the Clippers, Spurs, Pacers, 76ers,
Pistons, and Knicks.

Any kind of Sports-media-hatred towards an individual or a team is
"GREAT"...... like Toney the Tiger.

Media-Hatred is great Publicity-advertisement to prove the media wrong....
Lebron took the Hatred to the FINALS.... Amare Stoudemire shut the
Hatred-down by scoring 30+ points in 9 straight games with the Knicks
winning 8 straight games.
Media Hatred is suppose to hype up an individual or team to improve their
level of performance. Kobe Bryant NBA career proves this as a fact.

HOF coach Larry Brown has used the philosophy of "Media-Hatred" to
stir-up his players and teams on the Clippers, Spurs, Pacers, 76ers,
Pistons, and Knicks.

Depends on character whether hatred is a good thing or not. Some dudes thrive under it, like Jordan, Kobe, STAT, Iverson etc.
Some get to the point where they question everything and get despressed, because they don't get any love - no matter what.

I think Starbury was one player negatively effected by it. His stats and performances deteriorated year by year, as the hate and pressure mounted. In the end he was just a ****ed up guy eating vaseline, he arrived as NY's finest and one of the proudest and best guards in the league.
Another example is Kwame Brown, never knew how to put all that pressure and hatred behind him to perform.

Just to name two examples.

we deserve the hate

we have bilbo baggins as our owner
we have the pringles guy as our non defensive stubborn coach
we have been terrible for a decade and have not won a title in 40 + years yet we regard ourselves as a staple franchise in the NBA
we have had a revolving door of terrible GM's and horrible exits by former winning coaches.
we have over dosing ex coaches, and vaseline eating point guards, over weight centers with bloated contracts.
we get swept in the first round and make excuses about injuries and chemistry when 3 out of the 4 games we lost we were in control of until the final 5 minutes and then choked.
we beat the clippers and blake griffen had a career high which exposed our terrible defense, to me that was a moral loss if there ever was one.
and we handed amare lebron money when we could have saved that money and signed a true center, a true point guard and still got carmelo anthony.

I would rather a team of this

Chris paul
Fields
Melo
J Mcgee
D Jordan

than

Billups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Turiaf

p0nder

Starter
I feel that a lot of the media hatred is due to a backlash from the "east coast media bias" that many journalist from other parts of the world see.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/eastcoastyes.html

Here's a list of 10 that they name as bias' when honestly I feel they just have a lot of hatred and jealousy. I mean they rip the Willis Reed injury game to shreds when the truth of the mater is, no one would believe they could of taken that game and the series unless Willis had come out and did what he did, inspiring the crowd and his team.

It's a strange phenomenon where people just hate on the east coast teams because they tend to get the most money, the most media coverage, the better players, etc. It's kind of crazy because now you have everyone out side of New York or Boston ripping these teams to shreds when the fact of the matter is that in pro sports (aside from baseball) the idea is to give everyone and even playing field and that any team, be they cleveland or Tennessee or wherever can compete with the metropolis areas like New York.

So New Yorkers have their teams "step down" to the lowest common denominator (money/caps) and then we are lambasted because we play on the even playing field and may or may not succeed. There is no winning in New York it's either a constant roast when the team is doing bad, or a shit show of reasons why New York had an unfair advantage.

For all of the Machismo of pro-sports there sure are a lot of cry babies making money off it.

All publicity is good. I 'm sure the player's are in tuned with it all. In the end it builds character, and it's also used as fuel. The poporazz can be very motivating. Stat and Melo will be fine, I worry more about the coach's focus and his ability to get the rest of the team clicking...