If you could trade a player for equal value who would it be

IF you could take each player on our team and trade them for another player in the league of equal value who would it be.

Carmelo -------- Durant
Amare----------Lamarcus Aldridge
fields---------Shane Battier
Billups--------Tony Parker
Turiaf---------Brendon Haywood

Much better defensive team, veteran leadership with parker at the point

Great locker room presence in Battier

over all scoring would be an issue, giving up amare and melo but Durant would lead the league in scoring again on this team and aldridge proved to be a legit post up scorer last year with a solid touch

I feel like a full year of our current roster would produce 50 wins

the traded team would produce 46 wins.

IF you could take each player on our team and trade them for another player in the league of equal value who would it be.

Carmelo -------- Durant

over all scoring would be an issue, giving up amare and melo but Durant would lead the league in scoring again on this team and aldridge proved to be a legit post up scorer last year with a solid touch

the point of this thread was to show how good we can possibly be btw.

in terms of other stars in this league that are equal to what we already have,.

p0nder

Starter
well when looking at this are we supposed to take contracts into account?

a few issues with your team/valuations

Turiaf +/+ haywood, by any stretch of the imagination. Haywood is pretty legit, tho he didn't show it a lot last year.

Fields=/= battier not even close in terms of efficency, experience and over all value to the team battier is miles ahead

Aldridge =/= amar'e: Amar'e is still light years ahead of LA and you can take a look at their head to head match ups to see this.

I guess your argument could be that you would pay LA less and be able to pay more for guys like Haywood and battier but i don't know if the contract work?

In terms of my team; not taking contracts into account here we go:

Billups ----- Nash
Fields ----- Mickael Pietrus
Melo ------ Durrant
STAT ----- Dirk
Turiaf ----- Kurt Thomas

I'd go for the second team mostly because i think Nash is a better PG and KT would bring more game then turiaf does. Not to mention we'd have the reigning finals MVP, Dirk on the team.

finestrg

Rotation player
I know I'm not answering the question but just talkin' trade for a sec, I'd love to put together a trade with Houston for C Marcus Cousin and one of their PGs: Kyle Lowry, Jonny Flynn or Goran Dragic. To me, that's one PG too many (something's gonna have to give there eventually you would think--all 3 are quality PGs that deserve PT) and I'd love to get a hold of this kid Cousin in the infancy stage before Morey and McHale realize he can really play ball. Cousin would be my starting 5 here right away, unless I could come up with something better eventually. Just mho -- I've seen all 3 play and Cousin's a better overall talent than Jordan or Harrellson. Much more NBA-ready and able to slide right in and contribute.

Probably pure fiction -- I just don't see anything we have that the Rockets would want. If anything, they already have a good supporting cast of players in place, now all they need is some star power to go along with Kevin Martin...And there's no way they're getting STAT or Melo...Probably a dead end although I'd pick up the phone just to see..I mean maybe we can get Cousin for cash and/or a future 2 and call it a day. Again doubtful---with Yao retiring, they have a need in the middle now and probably look to hang onto him.

I know it's probably fantasy but imagine we found a way to add Dragic and Marcus Cousin to the mix here? Dragic, imho, is a starting PG in the NBA and would be a great successor to Billups (in this scenario, Shumpert would play more combo and more SG while at other times, he'd handle it too---Shump's versatile & big enough so no real problem there) and I think Cousin's very skilled --- almost 7' in shoes, 255 lbs, EXCEPTIONAL jumpshooter, along with being athletic/strong enough and willing to bang inside and compete for rebounds. Very well-rounded young big-man. How 'bout this? Any way to make this happen? TD, Rautins, Jordan or Jorts, cash, 2012 2nd (2013 2nd?), 2014 1st (the draft picks might be what entices them)?

Last edited:
Melo-------Chris Paul
STAT------Kevin Durant
Fields------Tony Allen
Billups------Lamar Odom
Turiaf-------Chuck Hayes

CP3 and Durant speak for themselves, Odom for his versatility and experience, Chuck Hayes for his toughness and hustle. Oh and Tony Allen for his great defense and athleticism.

finestrg

Rotation player
Toney Douglas for Goran Dragic

Jerome Jordan for Marcus Cousin

(perhaps in the same trade)

I'd much rather have the latter two over our guys. I think Dragic has much more potential than TD (love the shooting ability, the size at 6'4" and the ability to pentrate and create for others plus he's a suprisingly good defender too---has produced at a high clip whenever he's been given a sustained run, in big spots and against top competition i.e. on the road against Tony Parker in the playoffs, etc. I like the idea that Amar'e's played with him before too) and I think Cousin is much more NBA-ready than Jordan with a more reliable 5-man skill-set.

I can't see Houston dealing either guy though, at least not at first. They're gonna need time to evaluate both guys. Something's gonna have to give at PG eventually though -- Lowry's probably gonna be their starter and then they'll need to decide who gets the bulk of the backup PG mins, Dragic or Flynn. Whoever's left out isn't gonna be too happy.. They very well could be compiling assets at this point to try and get a big-time player eventually in a trade. Wouldn't stop me from picking up the phone and talking to Morey about either guy though.

Last edited:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Toney Douglas for Goran Dragic

Jerome Jordan for Marcus Cousin

(perhaps in the same trade)

I'd much rather have the latter two over our guys. I think Dragic has much more potential than TD (love the shooting ability, the size at 6'4" and the ability to pentrate and create for others plus he's a suprisingly good defender too---has produced at a high clip whenever he's been given a sustained run, in big spots and against top competition i.e. on the road against Tony Parker in the playoffs, etc. I like the idea that Amar'e's played with him before too) and I think Cousin is much more NBA-ready than Jordan with a more reliable 5-man skill-set.

I can't see Houston dealing either guy though, at least not at first. They're gonna need time to evaluate both guys. Something's gonna have to give at PG eventually though -- Lowry's probably gonna be their starter and then they'll need to decide who gets the bulk of the backup PG mins, Dragic or Flynn. Whoever's left out isn't gonna be too happy.. They very well could be compiling assets at this point to try and get a big-time player eventually in a trade. Wouldn't stop me from picking up the phone and talking to Morey about either guy though.

I remember a couple of months ago when I was talking about Gallo, and how he wasn't showing the necessary signs of budding consistency that other people in his draft class were, I mentioned Goran, and I was ripped for it.

Dragic was drafted way after Gallo, but there's no denying that he's already surpassed him in terms of being a pro and showing a defined, consistent, skill-set...his issue is just opportunity. Nice to see other people realizing that Goran has some serious game.

My team would be:

Billups----Monta
Fields-----MarShon Brooks
Melo------Durant
STAT------Dirk
Turiaf-----Zaza Pachulia/Birdman/Foster/R. Lopez/Aaron Gray/ the list goes
on.

Everyone on that list can handle their obligations defensively in the right system, with the right coaching, and 1-4 can drop buckets with their eyes closed and one hand tied behind their back.

finestrg

Rotation player
Couldn't agree more with you on Dragic. I think the potential's there for a very productive lead guard in the NBA. I like his chances to achieve that level of play over TD's ceiling, whatever that may be (I suspect not much more than what we've seen so far). Dragic's in a tough spot out in Houston right now -- between he, Lowry and Jonny Flynn, they have 3 starting-caliber PGs. Something's gonna have to give there eventually. No way around it. Do they stick with Lowry, backed up by Flynn? Or if Dragic is incorporated, who's role gets radically reduced, Lowry's or Flynn's? Interesting to see how that situation's gonna shake out. Odds are one of the 3 will have to settle for a reduced role and won't like it...

My thing is, the Knicks should have identified the PG surplus in Houston by now and at least consider internally about making a play for one of these guys. If I had to guess right now, I think Lowry's there to stay in the starting role, having just resigned for substantial money recently..Lowry really emerged last year as a good two-way PG for that team..Thus, the recent new contract for MLE-type money..That leaves Dragic or Flynn. I think I'd prefer Dragic over Flynn if it came down to it. I just like what he's been able to do with ample playing time, against top competition and on the road in hostle environments. I mean could you ever imagine Toney Douglas going into a place like San Antonio and just destroying Tony Parker on his home floor in the 4th quarter of a playoff game? I couldn't. TD doesn't have that kind of ability. This kid Dragic obviously does -- he's proved it. Like I said -- lead guard material..Hopefully Shumpert turns out to be that type of player. But suppose he doesn't..AND then say we can't get a Paul or a D-Will eventually like a lot of us are hoping..What then?? We're gonna need to come up with someone to drive the bus. There may be an opportunity to really improve our PG outlook here with a deal like this..I think you're right on the money saying all Dragic needs is opportunity. Totally agree. The ability to play and succeed at a high level is definitely there.

I just feel like a well-timed, well-thought out trade for Goran Dragic and 7' Marcus Cousin really goes a looooooong way in identifying and fortifying two key areas of need: PG and C. Again, Cousin, imho, is a starting caliber C in the NBA. To me the guy's got an Al Horford-type skillset. Can you imagine adding a Goran Dragic (substantial upgrade over TD) AND a guy with Al Horford-type skills in the middle to flank Amar'e and Melo in our frontcourt? Forget about it...I'd be willing to overlook the fact that Cousin hasn't actually proven it in the NBA yet. I've seen this kid enough to know he can absolutely play at an acceptable level in the NBA at least, and that's lowball.. Honestly, with a move for these two, I'd be ready to challenge anyone in the NBA..ANYONE. That's how much I like each guy for us (and with our head coach) and how confident each guy would fit in here. We ain't talking about trading for Kobe Bryant --- each guy is still relatively unproven and Houston may not realize exactly what they have with those two. With the right offer, we might be able to steal one if not both guys. I think it's also worth considering trading a future draft pick or two to sweeten a potential deal. Worst case -- Houston either says no or asks for too much..As of right now, they might just consider each guy a trade asset -- if we could give them equal value in return in terms of tangible trade assets (TD, Jordan, Jorts, Rautins, maybe even Fields in the right scenario) on top of cash and a future pick or two, I think that's worth considering. And I don't feel like Morey would hang the phone up on us either..Think about it: we add these two ingredients with good NBA potential to our core, what else would we really need?

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Melo-Derrick Rose
Billups-Mike Miller
Stat-Blake Griff
Feilds-Klay Thompson
Tariaf-Joel Prybilla
Shawne Williams-Toney Allen
Toney Douglas-Jarryd Bayless
Bill Walker-Q Rich
Balkman-a couple new treadmills and a bag of authentic NBA spalding basketballs

Not that I would do any of these trades but lets look at how they pan out

D.Rose/Bayless
Thompson/Q Rich
Mike Miller/Toney Allen
Blake Griff/Jefferies
Joel Pryzbilla/Jorts

Trade Mike Dantoni for Scott Skiles

Not sure if that is an upgrade, just what I came up with

Paul1355

All Star

Carmelo -------- Durant

I dont think anyone wants Haywood with his 10 mil a year contract

And Amare for Aldridge? Hell no

I dont think anyone wants Haywood with his 10 mil a year contract

And Amare for Aldridge? Hell no

the point wasnt to show what I think is better, I even stated that our wins would probably decrease with that trade, I was just making a point about how good our team can be, being that its tough to find players at each position would want to trade our own guys for, that apparently have equal value, obviously we arent trading fields for kobe or wade, but Melo vs Durant ? Amare vs Aldridge, all all stars that i wouldnt be so quick to give our guys up for

its a compliment thread, not to diss the guys we have.