Wow every time Steph speaks he convinces more that he actually smokes crack!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/marbury_china_not_for_melo_PviKiVTCA37uwuH9MBReaO

So Mark Berman still remains the only reporter who still seeks Marbaury's opinion on Basketball and for the sake of entertainment thank God he does!

When asked if he thinks Melo or any other big name player will go to China he says no citing the culture shock and the way they have players run over there

He specifically says Melo would do well although I have never heard anything about Melo's work ethic in practice

Anyways time to come in for a landing.....

Steph says he will suggest China for Eddy Curry!!!

Now for all you new poster once upon a time there was a team of poster known as "Team Marbuary" these poster swore by any word uttered by this moran....the irony is that most if not all of them hated Eddy Curry (like most of us) yet their leader loved Curry more than Isiah himself!

Anyhow it is great to know that Steph is still enjoying getting high during the Summer Time!

Last edited:
"I don't think those guys will want to go through it," said Marbury, who is training in Los Angeles. "China is not for everybody -- a whole 'nother world. I don't think they're going to go there, not the big-time guys. Maybe they'd come for a little bit, but if the season is cancelled for the year, I don't think they'd want to stay. They'll want to go home.

"I don't think Carmelo Anthony is going to run like they want to run in practice," Marbury added. "They want to run you to death. The first time I got there, they ran in practice for two straight hours. I said, 'Is that what we have to do every practice?' "
I actually don't think what he said was that bad. Everytime Marbury opens his mouth Knick fans just freak out. :teeth:

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
i think the issue was that he said kobe would cut it but melo wouldnt... it just seemed like he was questioning his work ethic which might be true but coming from him its ironic

knickscity

Benchwarmer
Nah, the part that got me is he is questioning whether Amar'e and Melo could cut it because of the "hard work", and culture shock of not having the NBA luxuries, yet suggest EDDY CURRY should restart his career there.

Amar'e and Melo are two of the hardest workers in the NBA, but since they may have to run up and down a court or carry their own bags and ride trains they couldn't cut it?

Stupidity is bound to come out of Marbury's mouth if you listen long enough.

But the good thing about Amar'e and Melo is that they don't have to do it if they want to.

Money won't be the driving factor of playing over there.

hmmm... this seems more like hate and envy then anything else. Nothing too out of line here. I'm sure they know more about their situations and abilities.... certainly more then any forum fan can pretend to know.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Lmao what did he say that was so bad...... Horrible thread..

Ummm......how about the fact that he said that running that Chinesse clubs do would be too much for the likes of Melo, then goes on to say that he would suggest China for Eddy Curry!

Lone standing his comments about running and Melo not being able to hack it would not be bad at all.

But call me crazy but Eddy Curry is far from the model of good physical conditioning and hard work, so this is yet another example of how Stephon Marbuary talks first thinks second!

Not to mention he's basically claiming he (an NBA reject) can hold up better than Melo (an NBA All NBAer and All Star).

Now truth be told this is far from the dumbest thing ever said or done by your namesake, yet it makes a good thread topic in a Summer of a NBA lockout! :thumbsup:

metrocard

Legend
I didn't expect this from you, but this is a god awful dread.

You're being WAY too dramatic.

But this is the case always with topics about Marbury.

People lack a lot of sense and logic, therefor they become extra dramatic about every single thing Marbury does. If Marbury gets a flu, they'll find some conspiracy that he's faking it. If Marbury crosses an old lady across the street, they'll accuse him of stealing money from her purse or he only did it cause he was high.

and Marbury will always be relevant, whether you hate him or love him. He's one of the greatest HS players in NYC history, one of the best players from NY, and perennial all star PG who averaged 20 and 8 throughout his career, one of the most dynamic PG's in our time era. Berman interviewing will always get a read, always. Berman is just smart and know where the money is.

People watch and tune into Marbury, he can do anything and people will tune in. Marbury can get down to Drake and he'll get attention. Its always going to be that way.

and what Marbury is saying Curry has nothing to lose in China, where as Melo is just at his prime has to add more to his NBA resume; going to China would be pointless. Curry is at the end of his career and Melo isn't, if you can't understand that simple logic then all is lost from here.

p0nder

Starter
My feeling was that Kobe will go to China cause he said he would, has spent lots of time there and has no reason to shy away from that. Why the hell would Melo even go there? He has no ties to the place, no reason to go there, etc. Hell he JUST signed with the knicks so he's got loads of cash, he can work out state side and avoid all the nasty Chinese shit and hang out with his young family here. Remember the guy JUST got married, why would he want to go to china and be away from them?

Eddy Curry would benefit from being in China, not China benefiting from Eddy Curry. He could do a lot of cardio drills, drop some weight and play at a good level of competition for Eddy at this point in his career.

So... i dunno if i'm smoking crack or what but: I would recommend that Curry go to China, Melo NOT go to china and that Kobe probably will go to china... All the same things Marbury said but because it's coming from a regular dude it probably makes sense right?

So who's not making sense here? Marbury saying the same as above or the people that take his words out of context and make up shit like Marbury is attacking Melo's work ethic?

And besides, who the **** cares what 2-Max-contract-no-show-marbury says? Honestly, outside of this forum no one even knows who he is anymore, even people I play basketball with are like "huh, didn't he play with Minnesota?"

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't think wht ahe said was that bad.

In a nutshell he's saying:

Big time players may pass on China because the amount of work they put in isn't neccessary to them since they'll only be using it as a time filler until the lockout ends.

Also, the luxuries they are use to in America isn't consistent with Chinese teams

Curry is no longer valued in the NBA, so China could be a good place for him to get back in shape and salvage his career.