Dream Scenario.....for me anyway

CA7

Scoring Champ
After CBA is resolved lets say we get a 60mil cap with all exceptions

Current Roster- Anthony, Stoudemire, Billups, Douglas, Fields, Balkman, Turiaf, Shumpert, Harrallson, Rautins and Jordan

2011 Off Season

Hire Mike Woodson as a def asst
Hire Kevin Pritchard as GM
Hire Mark Warkentein as President of Basketball Operations

Trade Balkman to GSW for our 2012 2nd rounder

Sign Nene- MLE 3yrs, 4th year option

Re-sign Shawne Williams- 1yr/2mil

Sign Kenyon Martin- vets minimum

Trade Andy Rautins, Toney Douglas, cash and a 2nd for Ramon Sessions and Manny Harris

Sign Reggie Williams 1yr/1.5mil

Opening Night Roster
G- Billups and Fields
F- Anthony and Stoudemire
C- Nene

Key Reserves- F Kenyon Martin, G Iman Shumpert, G Ramon Sessions and F Shawne Williams

Other- C Ronnie Turiaf, G Manny Harris, C Josh Harrelson, C Jerome Jordan, G/F Reggie Williams

Play the year out- dont rush for CP3

2012 Off Season

Current Roster- Anthony, Stoudemire, Nene, Fields, Sessions, Shumpert, Jordan and Harrelson

Hire Phil Jackson as Head Coach/Pat Riley becomes Heat head coach as they fail to win the title for the 2nd consecutive season
Top Asst- Byron Scott:thumbsup:

Trade Fields, Harrelson and cash for a 1st rounder, trade the 1st rounder and a future 1st to move up and grab Jeremy Lamb

2nd Rounder- Thomas Robinson

S&T for CP3- future 1st and Cash

Re-Sign- Shawne Williams and Reggie Williams

MLE split between- Jarret Jack and Matt Barnes

Trade Sessions, Cash and a future 1st to GSW for Jeremy Tyler and Jeremy Lin

2012 Opening Night Roster w/ Minute Split

Starting 5

G- Chris Paul and Iman Shumpert
F- Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire
C- Nene

Key Reserves- Jarrett Jack, Jeremy Lamb, Matt Barnes, Shawne Williams and Jerome Jordan
Other- Jeremy Lin, Jeremy Tyler, Reggie Williams and Thomas Robinson

Position Breakdown

1- Paul only plays 32 to protect his knee, we sign Jack so Paul doesnt over work himself, Lin learns from 2 proven vets

2- Shumpert(with an improved jumper) and Lamb(instant offense and defensive energy) work an offense defense thing with Barnes playing some 2 also

3- Carmelo takes up most of the time at the 3 with Barnes, and the Williams boys coming in for offense or defense

4- STAT's minutes are watched close look for Phil to go with a Jordan/Nene combo at times along with some Shawne Williams at the 4 as a very poor mans Odom or Melo working out of the post

5- Nene and Jordan(Antonio Davis meets Tyson Chandler) working at the 5 giving the Knicks a top 5 front court

Projected Stats

Melo- 26pts, 9rebs and 4 ast(sets career high 55pts in a single game)
STAT- 23pts and 10rebs
CP3- 19pts, 12ast, 5rebs and 2stls(breaks single game asst record)
Nene- 9pts 8rebs
Shumpert, Lamb and Barnes- 14pts, 7rebs and 6ast combines
Jordan- 5pts and 8rebs and 2blks
Williams boys- 3 3's combined a game
Jack- 5pts and 3ast
Lin, Robinson and Tyler- develop throughout the year get spot minutes

Team Stats
110ppg- 2nd in NBA
43rpg- 4th in NBA
27ast- 1st in NBA
#2 in offense effienciency
#7 in defense effienciency

59- 23 in 2012

Melo 1st Team All NBA
Paul and STAT 2nd Team all NBA

#1 seed in East

reach NBA Finals vs Los Angeles Lakers win in 7 at the Garden

Carmelo named MVP after averaging 32pts and 11rebs in Finals on 51% shooting

......now I wake up

any thoughts:gony:

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
As much as i like players like Kenyon Martin and Nene ( who i dont see signing for the MLE) why do all these people want players form denver? we already have melo and billups, people are asking for afflalo Kmart, Nene ... they only went to the western conference finals once, theres a reason for that...idk maybe its just me

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
As much as i like players like Kenyon Martin and Nene ( who i dont see signing for the MLE) why do all these people want players form denver? we already have melo and billups, people are asking for afflalo Kmart, Nene ... they only went to the western conference finals once, theres a reason for that...idk maybe its just me
We're not the Nuggets. We are the New York Knicks.

We are the New York Knicks.

I said Go, NY, Go, NY, Go.