Durant to the Knicks!

The man can shoot over most players @ his position. Just because he doesn't use the dribble-drive aspect of his game as often as he should, it doesn't mean he isn't really, really good at it. He can slash when he wants to believe me. He just needs to get stronger so he can utilize this aspect of his game more. I can't tell you how good this guy is in the open court. Wait til he adds a bit more bulk. He's gonna be a beast.

Watch the game RunningJ.

You said, "Imagine him becoming a good ball-handler".. That would mean to a person using logic that he isn't already a good ball-handler.

Bro, Durant is one of the better dribblers at his position and he is a better ball- handler than Dirk.. and not by a little. He's a better dribbler than most 2's and some 1's. Dirk is able to put the ball on the floor and slash in spurts, but he's not nearly as creative w the ball as Durant. Sry dude, but no.

You make comments like this all the time and no one corrects you because you're likeable, or they just don't feel like it. Heck I like you, but that doesn't mean you don't spit alot of misinformation re players.

If u need me to I can find a scouting report, but I shouldn't have to. Just trust me bro. I'm rarely wrong when comes to assessing these guys.. Durant's handle is nice.

And just for the record, Melo IS better than him right now.

AGREED. I dont want anyone to think I think Durant is the better player right now.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The man can shoot over most players @ his position. Just because he doesn't use the dribble-drive aspect of his game as often as he should, it doesn't mean he isn't really, really good at it. He can slash when he wants to believe me. He just needs to get stronger so he can utilize this aspect of his game more. I can't tell you how good this guy is in the open court. Wait til he adds a bit more bulk. He's gonna be a beast.

Watch the game RunningJ.

You said, "Imagine him becoming a good ball-handler".. That would mean to a person using logic that he isn't already a good ball-handler.

Bro, Durant is one of the better dribblers at his position and he is a better ball- handler than Dirk.. and not by a little. He's a better dribbler than most 2's and some 1's. Dirk is able to put the ball on the floor and slash in spurts, but he's not nearly as creative w the ball as Durant. Sry dude, but no.

You make comments like this all the time and no one corrects you because you're likeable, or they just don't feel like it. Heck I like you, but that doesn't mean you don't spit alot of misinformation re players.

If u need me to I can find a scouting report, but I shouldn't have to. Just trust me bro. I'm rarely wrong when comes to assessing these guys.. Durant's handle is nice.

And just for the record, Melo IS better than him right now.
You say he can slash when he wants to, then why not? Dirk's ball handling is not flashy, a lot of what helps him is his footwork. He's very consistent in his ball handling.

Yes, I've seen Durant do dribbling most men his size can't do, but as you said, he does it when he wants to, and maybe he CAN'T do it against every opponent.

Why bring up his shooting over other players? He's a heck of a young player. I've seen Duhon get fancy with the ball a few times and he's one of the worst ball handling guards in the league.

No need to tell me to watch the game, I do. I'm not big on stats, obviously. If I didn't go by watching than I'd say Rondo is one of the best PGs in the league. I think outside of the box, I pay attention to detail. I'm not always right. No, I'm not a basketball expert. I dedicate a lot of time watching basketball throughout the season, it's why I have League Pass. How many guys you see praising Beno Udrih? Not many. I don't go by what's popular, nor do I go with things just because they're not popular.

If you think he is a GOOD ball handler then fine. Being decent isn't bad when you're that size. If he is as good as you say then he better attack and stop hanging around the three point line.

Ball handling is one of the biggest things I'm interested in basketball, in fact, I'm OCD when it comes to watching players handle the ball. I'd love for them to enforce carrying, a lot of players don't even walk up the ball with carrying. You wanna see how much I attention?

Dirk
Grant Hill
Blake Griffin
Landry Fields
Jason Williams (retired now, but played last season)

That is, or almost is, the entire list of players who dribble the right way. I'm not even judging Durant's handles on my highest standards. I told you he's decent. Good for his size? Sure. Decent overall.

Durant either has to attack more, gain more moves such as in the post, or...needs to improves his handles so he can penetrate more. In fact, he doesn't even really need to penetrate that much, he needs to hold his own when facing great defenders who's all over him. It's more than him just being pushed away from getting it.

I REALLY have no idea why me saying he needs to improve his ball handling bothered you so much. The man can score, and I won't be surprised if he grows as a player. It's not misinformed. I have watched him several times. Do you watch every game of Thunder? I don't, so I don't claim to be an expert on Durant. You can clearly he needs to improve more on his game than shoot from the Playoffs alone, the big stage. It's like the Hornets, I watch a LOT of the Hornets, are you gonna say you know more about them then me? You can't unless you do watch them as much as me.

A lot streetball players have sick handles....for street ball. A lot of them couldn't handle NBA defense. Saying he's a special ball handler is way overrating him. He doesn't penetration much nor does he post-up.

Come on. Don't turn my opinion on ball handling into "not saying anything great about a player".

Last edited:
Haha nice vid!

Killa Cam in the crowd!

Durant's shooting off the dribble is ridiculous!

90% of the people couldn't even shoot that percentage when spotting up all by themselves in the corner.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can think Durant is better than Melo. I guess people just look at the stats and base everything off that, but if you watch them both play I don't see how it's up for discussion.

Did you guys even watch Durant against Memphis, Battier and Allen were just bullying him, he literally couldn't even get to the ball. Meanwhile Melo just dropped 50 on Battier this season.

The only advantage Durant has on Melo is range, other than that it's not even close. If you take away Durant's shot and push him around a bit he's practically useless but Melo on the other hand, there's no formula for stopping him because he has absolutely no weakness on offense.

I bet if you ask any NBA player which is the better player 8 out of 10 will say Melo. It's just the clueless fans that ESPN has brainwashed that say otherwise.

I agree completely

but youre wrong about range

did you not see some of the three point displays melo made once he came to the knicks, I think in Karls offense he wasnt expected to shoot perimeter shots as much, but melo's stroke is pure gold

If you look at the percentages, their shooting is actually equal.

Durant has more length, and has slightly more potential in terms of his size at his position, but ball handling, post game, mid range game, passing, melo is light years ahead of durant.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I agree completely

but youre wrong about range

did you not see some of the three point displays melo made once he came to the knicks, I think in Karls offense he wasnt expected to shoot perimeter shots as much, but melo's stroke is pure gold

If you look at the percentages, their shooting is actually equal.

Durant has more length, and has slightly more potential in terms of his size at his position, but ball handling, post game, mid range game, passing, melo is light years ahead of durant.

2:20

That along with his other shots is niiice.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
The only advantage Durant truly has on Melo is age....that's it.

On offense Melo is probably the best scorer in the NBA.

If he would just come out on an every game basis, and give a good effort defense, he could be the best player in the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend
Let's say Durant was in the same draft as Melo instead of Oden. Who would you draft as numero UNO?

I really like KD's game, I wrote that he is better than Lebron as a scorer, Lebron is the better defensive player but KD is the better scorer.

I like Melo but when names like Durant, and Lebron are mention
Melo's name drop to #3

Durant has turned into a great team-complimentary Star-Player
in the same conference as Melo within a 4 year span.

Melo has always been a shoot-first high scoring star player.

Selecting Durant over Melo in a draft-class would be the smart choice.

And selecting Lebron as the first-pick in that same draft-class would be the wisest top-3 selections on Wall st...
:smokin: :gony: :smokin: