WTF, Amar'e?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Amare is a G, stop the hatred; the idea is real men where pink, and real men seek knowledge; good for Amare; hes the best ambassador in NY sports aside from Derek Jeter and Eli manning, We have no true role models in NYC that play sports any more; and Amare is fitting the bill. Kudos STAT.

:agreed: Knicks players always had great sense when it came to fashion.

larry_johnson.jpg

0528-larry-johnson-grandmama-launch-1-credit-1.jpg

:boohoo:
and this comment is from a "Real NY Baller"....... :barf:
Stop looking at the small picture..............

A Macy's or Sax 5th ave photo-shoot with the head-photographer
in the shot.

I'am looking at the big picture and what I see is a bunch of young followers walking around town wearing pink pants made by Huggies and shirts so tight that they will never need to be ironed. What's next, dudes trading in their fitted's for bonnets?

I don't mind originality but thats part of the issue I'm talking about here, most people are followers. I've seen some of Sats wears (some are cool) but when I see this pic here I think of some of those kids who never learned how to dress themselves....doing dumb shit for attention like wearing T-shirts with one arm in and the other out, pants cuffs the size of their whole shin, wearing shirts they grew out of 5 years ago, pants so tight they can probably walk on their own.

Maybe the closet door is opening wider by the day. People are no longer peeping out of it, now they have the courage to blow it off the hinges.

I take care of my own hygene... hair cuts and shaves is what I go to the saloon for. No way am I sitting around a bunch off gossiping females having my toes and nails beautified and shiny. A set of nail clippers on cost a buck fifty.

IMO, That metro-sexual stuff is a form of suppressed gayness. Plus it makes most dudes look prettier then their mates. Prison would probably love them...especially the ones who wear their pants sagging past their ass. Afterall that's where the style came from... Dudes who were punk had to walk around with their ass out. I bet most of these youngins don't even know they picked up a bit of fashion from some dude they thought was the man when he got out of jail, and followed his lead thinking he was doing something so cool. rediculous...whats this world coming to?

what ever happened to the rugid and/ manly look. Mofo's are even getting their eyebrows done up too...lol, wtf.

I'am looking at the big picture and what I see is a bunch of young followers walking around town wearing pink pants made by Huggies and shirts so tight that they will never need to be ironed. What's next, dudes trading in their fitted's for bonnets?

I don't mind originality but thats part of the issue I'm talking about here, most people are followers. I've seen some of Sats wears (some are cool) but when I see this pic here I think of some of those kids who never learned how to dress themselves....doing dumb shit for attention like wearing T-shirts with one arm in and the other out, pants cuffs the size of their whole shin, wearing shirts they grew out of 5 years ago, pants so tight they can probably walk on their own.

Maybe the closet door is opening wider by the day. People are no longer peeping out of it, now they have the courage to blow it off the hinges.

I take care of my own hygene... hair cuts and shaves is what I go to the saloon for. No way am I sitting around a bunch off gossiping females having my toes and nails beautified and shiny. A set of nail clippers on cost a buck fifty.

IMO, That metro-sexual stuff is a form of suppressed gayness. Plus it makes most dudes look prettier then their mates. Prison would probably love them...especially the ones who wear their pants sagging past their ass. Afterall that's where the style came from... Dudes who were punk had to walk around with their ass out. I bet most of these youngins don't even know they picked up a bit of fashion from some dude they thought was the man when he got out of jail, and followed his lead thinking he was doing something so cool. rediculous...whats this world coming to?

what ever happened to the rugid and/ manly look. Mofo's are even getting their eyebrows done up too...lol, wtf.

Word is born son!

I don't know any man nor have I've seen any man wear pink tight highwater pants other then gay men and trannies. Where I'm from this would be seen as nothing else other then that. Everywhere I travel dudes that dress this way are known to be part of the fruit troop. Lawd knows we don't need another Dennis Rodman on our hands. We all know how he has transform his identity during his time in the NBA. Maybe this will be a hit in the village but hardly anywhere else outside of the gay community. Hopefully he was making a joke or something. I know he's been trying to get into the NY limelight more but I'm seriously thinking he is either taking on any gig for that exposure or he is slowly showing his true self. I hope he never wears something like this again...at least not in public.

iJoe

Rotation player
If wearing pink pants and getting pedicures gets me in bed with a hot chick, I'm down and I'm positive Amare has no problems with the ladies. That's the opposite of being homo.

If you want to look disgusting in your definition of "manly", you're not gay or straight. You might as well be a plant since the only action you're gonna get is when you jack off by yourself.

haha, must of touch a nerve. This a perfect example of being a follower. sorry to hear that this is the only way for you to get a little action...with some hot chicks. Go ahead and get your nails and hair done, put on some pink tights and tell us just how far you got with the ladies...lol.

You should already know that Stat is a celebrity so he can practicaly wear anything and the groupies will flock. Not sure if this will be the case with you. Judging from that statement.

All I have to do is be myself, keep it thorough and the ladies will recognize. Hasn't failed me yet.

p0nder

Starter
is this even worth discussing? it's pants fellas. I don't give a **** what the guy wears on the street as long as on the court in blue and orange he contributes to some wins.

Plus if Amar'e came to smoke a bowl wearing pink pants you probably wouldn't say shit cause the guy is ****ing huge.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
???

Crazy⑧s;185257 said:
Amare-Stoudemire-Twitter-Fashion-Avatar.jpg

This, to me, is the fashion equivalent of a dog dragging its anus on your carpet. I just want to hit him on the head with a newspaper and send him outside.

I don't get this thread where are the pics ?

haha, must of touch a nerve. This a perfect example of being a follower. sorry to hear that this is the only way for you to get a little action...with some hot chicks. Go ahead and get your nails and hair done, put on some pink tights and tell us just how far you got with the ladies...lol.

You should already know that Stat is a celebrity so he can practicaly wear anything and the groupies will flock. Not sure if this will be the case with you. Judging from that statement.

All I have to do is be myself, keep it thorough and the ladies will recognize. Hasn't failed me yet.

That's what I'm talkin about bro!

You seem to be the real deal (no homo)

nyk_nyk

All Star
It's just a shoot, but Amar'e is highly fashion conscious, and yes I can see him wearing that out fit in public.

I have worn a pink shirt before, doubt I would rock the pants in pink.

I also get a manicure regularly, and a pedicure once a month.

It was actually one of the things my wife was impressed about, when she first met me....."the little things most men ignore", was her words.

Nothing wrong about caring about your hands and feet appearance.

Ouwwwwwww!! Fierce! :smooch:

Kiyaman

Legend

u have made some great-points, but u still are not looking at the additional wide change in the fashion market.....The Big Picture. example, I was pulled into a conversation with some of the finest ladies from Brooklyn & New Jersey City whom ages are in their early twenties with a dress-code closet full of men clothing....u and many may label them as gay "Butches", but I label them as "Women-first" especially the dimes. I have two baby-mama's that been in the "LIFE" for over 25 years (I have a 23 year old Bi-daughter).
These young ladies wanted to know why guys are so persistent with their rap towards them when they are wearing men clothes and are looking at other woman with the same mindset as a guy? Why these guys will spend hours rapping to them when they keep telling the guys they only like bedding woman? Why? why? why?
My only answer to these beautiful women as a 52 year old man who has a very close relationship with both my Gay Baby-Mama's is.....men are not looking at women clothes when they have a pretty-face and a well curve-shape body, a Real Man already undressed these dime-pieces with their eyes. And that is more of a compliment to a woman then a perverted congestion b/c both parties do it (men and butch/fem women).
Will butch women wear those tight pink-pants to a gay party? Hell Yeah!
after seeing Amare in them with a gay-women photographer taking pic.

Young gurls from ages 12 to 27 luv seeing guys pants hang down off their butts for the past 16 years.....its origin did not start in prison, it started in the 5 boros of New York from your younger brother wearing your new pants/belt to school while u were putting in work slingin for $$$.
Dont drop the soap....has been on every first-timer mind since the 1950's
(especially in Rikers Island). In prison gay guys pants are to tight to hang down below their butts.
Black Spades 14 div....Stickup Kid, I gave the justice system 10 valuable years of my life, getting my Associate in bussiness from Syracuse University while in Auburn prison.

Kiyaman

Legend
They'll get their chance soon, though, as Stoudemire is in the process of planning the unofficial Knicks training camp that will take place at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., in September.

"As soon as I get cleared [medically], as soon as my back gets strong, I'm going to call all the guys and structure a training camp," he said. "I'll have them all meet at IMG, put them all in apartments, feed them breakfast and lunch -- they're on their own for dinner.

"My guys are waiting on me. They're texting me all the time, saying, 'When are we going to work out?' But I'm still kind of in neutral right now with the back injury."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1UH3p8FQ0

Here he says he moved it to September in Florida. Rest of that article is about what he's been up to this summer, mostly fashion related

Kiyaman

Legend
u have to take your hat off to Amare for his take charge leadership
of the Knicks....my next hats-off goes to Billups complimentary team
leadership whom is far from retirement, and look to be in his first stage
of becoming a creative player-headcoach in the NBA.
Teammates will follow Amare & Billups direction to the ECF.....
its Carmelo acceptance of being the 3rd-Man on the Knicks that worry
me the most
, it doesnt matter if Carmelo average 40 points a
game he is still the 3rd-man on the Knicks when compared to Amare & Billups
team-leadership....Ray Allen accepted the 3rd-man role without a problem
while being the Boston Celtics first option on offense the majority of each game.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
I don't think anyone can question Amar'e and his leadership, especially if he pull this off.

I'm sure he has alot of connections at IMG in Florida.

They have a very good facility and staff