Melo and CP3 ballin in China

nyk_nyk

All Star
http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2...n-hong-kong-playing-some-basketball-wearing-a

hope they're getting their reps in over in china and not takin the summer off. im liking the fact that they're together over there tho, maybe they'll bond enough that CP3 will say screw this im gonna play the next 5 years of my career with Melo.
:gony:
All of this is great but what fuggin luck we have that the season probably will be cancelled. I'm certain that CP3 wants to be teammates with Melo and vice versa though.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I want D12 more, but...I can't deny it, having CP3 around would be pretty awesome. The best ball handler of his generation, arguably, along with the most versatile scoring wing player of his generation, along with the most physically intimidating power forward of the 2000's...yeah, this is gonna be a good time.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
It pretty much all be sealed that CP3 will be a Knick.

Exactly. New Orleans can't do shet but trade em to us. No team will take em as a rental. If he really wants to come here and no other team wants to trade for him as rental so he can leave and come NY anyway, he can wait and sign w us. Or New Orl can take best deal thyre going to get, which is from us. It's that fackin simple lol.. Paul is in the drivers seat. Love that vid.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
And even if they don't trade him to us they're still screwed cause he'll just sign here as a free agent.

Chris Paul strikes me as the type of guy who would take less money to play with Carmelo and Amar'e.

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Love this video watched it like 4 times.... Tho id rather see Dwight in NY i know for a fact it just isnt going to happen!!! cp3 n melo will be the real batman n robin and wade n lebron are going to be more levern n shirley..... Question tho !? with Cp3 on the team will Shumpert be a starter, how would he fit in?

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Exactly. New Orleans can't do shet but trade em to us. No team will take em as a rental. If he really wants to come here and no other team wants to trade for him as rental so he can leave and come NY anyway, he can wait and sign w us. Or New Orl can take best deal thyre going to get, which is from us. It's that fackin simple lol.. Paul is in the drivers seat. Love that vid.

Isn't that the same exact thing we said about getting Melo... What do we have to give up for arguably the best PG since Magic?

knickscity

Benchwarmer
Isn't that the same exact thing we said about getting Melo... What do we have to give up for arguably the best PG since Magic?
Yeah, but CP3's situation is totally different.

If he comes out in any deal and say he isn't extending with that team, even if he gets traded there anyway, him walking doesn't cause him to lose nearly as much as Melo, since he falls under the new CBA extended or not.

As far as trading for him, we don't have attractive pieces, but we can make it work cap wise, even if it were Chauncey+Balkman, and somehow getting Okafor off their hands, possibly by a three team trade.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
if we are so desperate for a center, why don't we just take okafors contract
We'd pretty much have to trade every player outside of Melo and Stat to make it work cap wise.

Billups, Turiaf, Balkman, Rautins, Douglas, Walker does work cap-wise, but that is the equivalent of robbing the Federal Reserve with a super-soaker.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
We'd pretty much have to trade every player outside of Melo and Stat to make it work cap wise.

Billups, Turiaf, Balkman, Rautins, Douglas, Walker does work cap-wise, but that is the equivalent of robbing the Federal Reserve with a super-soaker.

I mean, we can make the trade work if we dump Billups for Okafor straight up, but that leaves us with no cap space to sign anybody else.

We're not taking Okafor's contract because we want CP3.