Video: Jim Dolan, in Concert, Singing a Song Called ?Fix the Knicks?

So JD and the Straight Shot opened for Aretha Franklin at Jones Beach last week. (That's right, aspiring musicians: Jim Dolan ? a "karaoke-grade singer," according to the Times concert review ? got to open for the Queen of Soul.) And during that set, the Straight Shot played the song below. It's called "Fix the Knicks," and, yep, it's a song about how people come up to him and tell him to fix the Knicks. It's also every bit as ridiculous as you think it is. Here's a sample lyric: "Know they're getting better / We spare no expense / They score a lot of points / But where's the defense?"

But really, here's the line that simply boggles the mind: "Doing my best, yes that's my promise / I checked with my friend called Isiah Thomas." Because, as we all know, there's nothing New Yorkers like more than to be reminded of Dolan's relationship with Isiah Thomas. If you can make it through the entire video below, more power to you. But if you'd like to skip ahead and hear an Aretha Franklin-concert crowd groan at the mention of Isiah Thomas's name, skip ahead to the 1:02 mark.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
"Everyone's an expert, so trade your draft picks."

.............Yup.

I hope he's trolling (well, he doesn't deserve to) because he smartened up, realizes we need defense, stop rushing everything, and stop doing things to gain the most money he can if it doesn't help us. I doubt that.

Anyway, funny video.