Rockets get- Brendan Haywood and Toney Douglas

Knicks get- OJ Mayo and Josh Selby
Grizzled get- Landry Fields, Andy Rautins and cash

C- Cousin/Mahinmi/Jordan
F- Stoudemire/Martin(FA)
F- Anthony/Williams
G- Mayo/Beaubois
G- Billups/Shumpert/Selby

The Grizzlies would not do that trade. Rautins is basically a scrub and Mayo, as much as he has some question marks, is still a tremendously talented player.

I don't know about the first one - I have a feeling that the Mavericks aren't going to let Brendan Haywood go just for Turiaf and Jorts, the latter of whom probably isn't even going to be an NBA player for long. And they have a love affair with Beaubois so I don't see them letting him go...just my hunches.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Unless the other centers surprises, they are not better than Turiaf. Mayo is getting a new contract, and the Grizzlies might not even able to afford him. We don't want to spend whatever money we have on a SG even if we get him as a free agent.

Mahimi makes things happen on the court, but I don't know why he didn't get much playing time.

I don't see why the Grizzlies would do that trade. OJ Mayo has all star potential imo. Though if we did get Mayo I wouldn't see the point of keeping TD since Mayo can basically do everything that TD does and better. And on the 1st trade, I agree with SSJWingzero, I doubt the Mavericks would let Haywood go for just Turiaf and Harrellson.

Mahimi makes things happen on the court, but I don't know why he didn't get much playing time.
Its because he's way too foul prone. If he did fix that I think he would become a very solid center imo.

finestrg

Rotation player
Knicks get- Roddy Beaubois, Ian Mahinmi and Marcus Cousin
Mavs get- Groan Tragic, Ronnie Turiaf, Josh Harrellson and Terrence Williams
Rockets get- Brendan Haywood and Toney Douglas

Knicks get- OJ Mayo and Josh Selby
Grizzled get- Landry Fields, Andy Rautins and cash

C- Cousin/Mahinmi/Jordan
F- Stoudemire/Martin(FA)
F- Anthony/Williams
G- Mayo/Beaubois
G- Billups/Shumpert/Selby

I like where you're going with this -- I brought up something similar in the "if you can trade one player" thread a few days ago. Over there, I was talking about putting together something with Houston for Dragic AND Cousin. Those would be my two targets (I view Dragic as a better talent than Beaubois, with more PG tendencies and more size to utilize when swinging over to SG, and Cousin as a better C prospect than Mahinmi, Brendan Haywood, or anyone else we're talking about here, including our own young Cs, Jordan & Harrellson --- although I do like Mahinmi's potential. Good call.). And you went one step further than I did, involving a 3rd team. Another good call.

If we could pull off each proposal exactly as you laid it out, I think every Knick fan would be very happy. I know I would. Thing is, both proposals feel a little light to me in terms of what we'd have to give up, esp. the 1st one dealing with Houston. Houston to me would (should) be looking for two things at this point: (1) replenishing or better yet, adding to the nice group of young/inexpensive tradeable assets they've suddenly accumulated and (2) legit star power to go along with Kevin Martin. We can't offer them #2 outright (we're at the point now where we have to fill in around our own stars and finally make a run at this thing), so the next best thing would be to help them restock their assets, probably going a tick or two higher in order to really entice them. That's why on the other thread I recommended including a pick, possibly multiple picks within the next couple of years, whenever we have them available. I understand we dealt away a lot of picks up to this point but what's the point of holding onto the few we might have left now?? You figure those picks would be lower-type picks anyway, now that we have Amar'e AND Melo in place--if they weren't, that would mean something really went horribly wrong... Also, you figure we will always have the opportunity to purchase/trade for similar picks to the one(s) we'd be giving up in this scenario, if it came down to it... Houston might consider guys like Dragic and Cousin tradeable assets at this point and not necessarily part of their immediate future; guys they could turn around and maybe use to get a star, maybe in a deal similar to the one we made with Denver for Anthony. I say offer to replenish with similar assets, going a tick or two higher using additional draft assets and cash to entice. That could get it done possibly, although including a 3rd team to the mix is a good call too and could also be an option.

-------------------------

Quick question -- when you mentioned Dallas it made me think of Nick Calathes for a sec. Where is he right now? Anyone know? Greece still? The Mavericks acquired Calathes in a draft night trade a few years ago, sending a future second-round pick to the Timberwolves for his rights..Do they still have those rights? Big 6'5" PG/Florida standout that can really shoot it and move the ball. Just sayin'...If I couldn't put anything together with Houston for Dragic and/or Cousin, maybe I turn my attention to Dallas and see if I could strike a sensible deal with Cuban for a Mahinmi/Calathes package. Calathes is actually pretty similar to Goran Dragic when you think about style of play..

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
If anyone watched Cousin's rookie season they would know Cousin's potential reach close to D.Howard first two seasons in the NBA. His emotional negative attitude....75% belongs to the Kings poor coaching staff.
The Kings management and owners would become the laughing joke of the NBA if they trade Cousin before his 4 year rookie contract.

Haywood & Turiaf are equal in trade one being a backup-center the other being a backup-PF.

Mayo performance degressed, while we know Fields & TD are hard work-ethic players who performance has improve each year in college to NBA.

finestrg

Rotation player
If anyone watched Cousin's rookie season they would know Cousin's potential reach close to D.Howard first two seasons in the NBA. His emotional negative attitude....75% belongs to the Kings poor coaching staff.
The Kings management and owners would become the laughing joke of the NBA if they trade Cousin before his 4 year rookie contract.

Haywood & Turiaf are equal in trade one being a backup-center the other being a backup-PF.

Mayo performance degressed, while we know Fields & TD are hard work-ethic players who performance has improve each year in college to NBA.

We're talking Marcus Cousin of the Rockets dude, formerly of the NBDL Austin Toros..Not DeMarcus Cousins. Two different players.

finestrg

Rotation player
Now if the Kings traded us Cousins.....I'd be all for it.

Of course, no GM is that stupid.

Bottom line, you give me a 7 footer with Cousin's skillset (jumpingjack rebounder, good athlete, runs the floor well--he's no track star but definitely not a loafer, can block a shot, an absolute LIGHTS OUT jumpshooter from 15-18', good FT shooter too--over 80%--this dude just screams 'skilled' to me every time I've seen him play) and a LEGIT PG for the future, this way I don't have to say 10 our-fathers and 5 hail-marys every night that Shumpert's the guy OR CP3 joins the Knicks in a yr. or 2, I'll be a very happy camper. Gimme a Marcus Cousin/Goran Dragic combination coming back in a deal that doesn't bleed us to death and I'm ready to take on anybody, whether CP3 comes or not.
:peace:

OJ Mayo & DeAndre Jordan

Is there any way (trade, FA) that Mayo & DeAndre could become Knicks in the near future?
I think they would be GREAT fits for the Knicks..!!

DeAndre Jordan
Stoudemire
Anthony
Mayo
Billups
Any thoughts, idea's? Looking forward, thanks! :gony:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Is there any way (trade, FA) that Mayo & DeAndre could become Knicks in the near future?
I think they would be GREAT fits for the Knicks..!!

DeAndre Jordan
Stoudemire
Anthony
Mayo
Billups
Any thoughts, idea's? Looking forward, thanks! :gony:
I'd love that. Sadly, it's not gonna happen. We won't have the money, and if we're gonna have an opportunity at one of the Clippers' centers, it'd be Kaman (who I would like).

I'd love that. Sadly, it's not gonna happen. We won't have the money, and if we're gonna have an opportunity at one of the Clippers' centers, it'd be Kaman (who I would like).

i think mayo could be done, but like you said, Jordan probably not.. and a Jordan type of player is more needed than an OJ Mayo kind of player! Please, let the offseason begin !!

finestrg

Rotation player
and kaman, i'd rather take Nene for the MLE, since he said money ain't an issue...

If it came down to it, both guys play hard but I'd prefer Kaman over Nene. As long as Kaman's healthy, I think there's potential for more production across the board with Kaman. Right now his health may still be a question mark though...

I don't see how we'd be able to get either guy. Right now we're at $60.612M team salary for this season and that's w/o Shump, Jorts and whatever other minor salaries we decide to add to round out the roster. We're just gonna have to see what the new CBA dictates but as of right now, we're already over last year's cap limit. If they instill this hard cap, which way will it go? We've heard as low as $45M and as high as $75M so far...Just gonna have to see. If the cap either remains the same or drops and the MLE rules stay the same, we won't be able to use it since we'd be entering the season already over the cap. So that would mean no Nene..

Kaman's set to make $12.2M this year..Again if rules remain similar or exactly the same, we'd have to pretty much go dollar for dollar in a trade to get him. That would mean trading Billups and I'm not sure that's a wise move this early. It'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul...If we trade Billups at this point we'd have to import a starting PG in the trade along with Kaman..I mean could we get Eric Bledsoe in the deal too? Doubtful. Now your talking Billups and a major asset or two. To get Kaman by himself it would probably take more than just Chauncey & cash..And other options the Clips have on their roster, namely Randy Foye & Willie Warren (Mo Williams would be too expensive), wouldn't help us..We might be better served holding onto Billups and just going with Turiaf/Jordan/Jorts in the middle to start off. Probably need Chauncey's stability & leadership a little more right now over a Chris Kaman.

If it came down to it, both guys play hard but I'd prefer Kaman over Nene. As long as Kaman's healthy, I think there's potential for more production across the board with Kaman. Right now his health may still be a question mark though...

I don't see how we'd be able to get either guy. Right now we're at $60.612M team salary for this season and that's w/o Shump, Jorts and whatever other minor salaries we decide to add to round out the roster. We're just gonna have to see what the new CBA dictates but as of right now, we're already over last year's cap limit. If they instill this hard cap, which way will it go? We've heard as low as $45M and as high as $75M so far...Just gonna have to see. If the cap either remains the same or drops and the MLE rules stay the same, we won't be able to use it since we'd be entering the season already over the cap. So that would mean no Nene..

Kaman's set to make $12.2M this year..Again if rules remain similar or exactly the same, we'd have to pretty much go dollar for dollar in a trade to get him. That would mean trading Billups and I'm not sure that's a wise move this early. It'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul...If we trade Billups at this point we'd have to import a starting PG in the trade along with Kaman..I mean could we get Eric Bledsoe in the deal too? Doubtful. Now your talking Billups and a major asset or two. To get Kaman by himself it would probably take more than just Chauncey & cash..And other options the Clips have on their roster, namely Randy Foye & Willie Warren (Mo Williams would be too expensive), wouldn't help us..We might be better served holding onto Billups and just going with Turiaf/Jordan/Jorts in the middle to start off. Probably need Chauncey's stability & leadership a little more right now over a Chris Kaman.

Great point. After all, it's not a video game.. :)
I'd rather keep Billups in as well, definitely until February.. things will improve i guess if we get rid of his 14$ contract.
I do still think OJ Mayo could refine his career playing for the Knicks, either being a starter, or as a sixth man. Even Shannon Brown could be a great fit, but i think his value will be higher than Mayo's. What about trying to get Wilson Chandler back as a sixth? Could be great playing at the 2, 3 or even 4 spot.. But then again, salaries. I bet Chandler would die to get back to NY.

Let's say you got:

Billups - Shumpert
Mayo - Fields - Walker
Anthony - Brown
Stoudemire - Williams
Turiaf - J. Jordan - Harrelson

I think this will work until February.. What will happen afterwards is just a guess i guess :) Dwight, CP3, maybe more assets to become a more balanced team with bigger bench,..?

Kiyaman

Legend
Since Brand departure from the Clippers I have not seen "Kaman" step up
to the plate in one game in 3 years....Kaman has become a 12 minute injury-
prone role-player. We get more out of Turiaf then the Clippers get from Kaman.
Blake Griffin had an outstanding rookie season tandem-up with DeAndre
Jordan.....I do not see the Clippers distroying the chemistry of their two
dominating bigmen "Griffin & DeAndre" the next 3 years. The Clippers gave
up to much to get rid of lockerroom cancer PG-Davis to get in return a
backup PG-Mo Williams. I wouldve took my chances on draft picks PG-Knight
and PG-Kemba Walker.

Kaman has been on the trade-block the past two seasons with no interest
from any NBA teams.

Nene and Amare would make a great bigman-tandem in the East.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I know its nearly impossible to acquire him, but I'd take Nene over Kaman. His game is more suited for the center position and would alleviate some of the punishment STAT receives down the block. This guy is a bruiser and will not back down from anyone. Plays on both ends of the floor.