Mardy Collins

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Made me feel like I was being reminded about the horrible fat birds I've bedded after blocking them from my mind.

Those ton of fun 6:00am hoes left at the bar.

How dare you! :lol:

finestrg

Rotation player
On the college level, Collins reminds me of Shumpert. Both are 6'5" defensive-minded PGs (both were big steals guys in college) who managed to shoot a low percentage as a product of having the ball in their hands late in the shot clock, forcing some bad shots trying to make things happen. Similarities pretty much end there however --- where Shump has Mardy by leaps and bounds is in the speed and athletic ability categories. Personally I think Shump has better touch on the ball with much better shooting mechanics. Shump makes his FTs (almost 81% last yr), whereas Colllins was always around 60% and under at Temple with awkward shooting form. All indications are that Shump should be a much better player in the NBA than Mardy Collins. I'd be shocked if that wasn't the case.

I always liked Mardy though. I was pissed when we drafted Balkman where we did a few years back -- that may have be the reach of all time; but I quickly got behind the Collins pick late in that draft (I remember really wanting Florida State's Alexander Johnson with the Collins pick but liked and respected Collins enough to be OK with that selection). What's the deal with him? Is he still with the Clippers? Does he even make that club? They have plenty of PGs on that team all of a sudden. I wouldn't be against bringing him back eventually in the right scenario (say Billups comes off the cap, Shumpert really takes off and assumes the starting role by season's end and TD is traded and we wind up looking for a backup PG eventually). If things don't work out for Collins with the Clippers, I could see him going to Europe to earn his living. He's no Shumpert, but he's a big 6'5" heady PG that can play some good D, guard multiple positions and make some plays. He could be a real solid bench player/glue guy for a good team...Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski had this to say about Collins a few years ago after Mardy destroyed his Blue Devils in a game: "He's a smooth player. Collins is one of the better players we've played against in the last couple years. We put good pressure on the ball and thought we might be able to wear him out. He didn't get worn out. He was just there all the time. He's a really, really good player - and I've seen good players... He's going to be a hell of a player for a long time." [taken from Draftexpress] Supposedly Coach K went on to compare Collins to Walt Frazier in the same interview..That's high praise coming from one of the top college coaches of our generation.

Mardy can't do this though:

Last edited:
Crazy⑧s;185652 said:
Made me feel like I was being reminded about the horrible fat birds I've bedded after blocking them from my mind.

Those ton of fun 6:00am hoes left at the bar.

How dare you! :lol:
Mardy "The One Man Party" Collins resents this here post! :cool:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I'm reminded of The Isaih era and how Walt Clyde requested permission to work with Mardy and it appears Isiah was not feeling it so it did not happen! Gotta wonder what some help from Walt would have materialized in to?

I'm reminded that Isiah (who proclaims to have this great eye for talent when it comes to the draft) ended up with Mardy Collins and Renaldo Balkman when we couldve had Rajon Rondo and Paul Milsap or the very least Shannon Brown and Daniel Gibson.

I'm reminded of much I thought he could play during the end of his rookie season but saw not even a flash of that during is sophomore year

I reminded of the irony that Melo now plays on the same floor that he punched Mardy Collins in the face!