LaLa Reality TV Show

The first episode premiered Monday night I heard. I may pick this up only to see what the pre trade and post trade hype was like from their perspective. Any one else gonna watch?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Probably not.

Every single time a network does a special that involves a player's family life it ends up sucking.

Like HBO's Derek Jeter 3K documentary. It was good for 5 minutes and then Minka ****ing Kelly showed up in the documentary for no damn reason and I stopped watching.

I don't understand why Melo and Lala still live in Manhattan, why didn't they just buy a big ass house in NJ like every other basketball player in NY does?

Manhattan does rock but Lala is saying that living in NY is overwhelming, well maybe because your living somewhere that is full of paparazzi? They should move somewhere more calmer for them and their kid.

I guess deep inside they both got that inner city things going on, I know for me if i was making that kinda money and had that kinda fame, I would have a hard time leaving NYC, I live on long island but went to school in the city so I have that itch inside where I get withdrawal if i stay away from the concrete jungle for too long. :afro:

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Isnt LaLa from NY, didnt she do MTV over here? why would she be overwhelemd by ny she should be use to it by now. Ima watch the show 1 because my girls going to watch the show 2 i like to know what my superstars up to 3 LaLa in lingerie is enough...

If i had their money I'd probably do the Long Island jersey thing...I was born and raised and still live in the city and always miss it when i go but ..there are very few places that can fit private swimming pools full of dr pepper and glow in the dark basketball courts and whatever outlandish things celebrities are accustomed to

New New York

Quiet Storm
Isnt LaLa from NY, didnt she do MTV over here? why would she be overwhelemd by ny she should be use to it by now.

2 words Mello-Drama (no pun intended) LaLa went from that girl who used to host a MTV show to having her own show, she's loving it

Get your money Anthony family!!!

I have no intention watching those two greedy, self-involved awful people on TV.
50cent-bert.gif

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I have no intention watching those two greedy, self-involved awful people on TV.

:lol:

I've gotta be honest, I already can't stand Melo's mrs. But though I, much as yourself, was against the way the Melo trade went down, I have to concede now that he is a Knick.

In fact I think he seems like a really level headed dude.

Come on, give him a non cap considered chance, LJ.

:gony:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Crazy⑧s;185754 said:
:lol:

I've gotta be honest, I already can't stand Melo's mrs. But though I, much as yourself, was against the way the Melo trade went down, I have to concede now that he is a Knick.

In fact I think he seems like a really level headed dude.

Come on, give him a non cap considered chance, LJ.

:gony:

The verdict is still not in, for me. Just waiting for the new CBA and to see what our options are for building a team around Amare and Melo. If there is a favorable CBA and we can still build a championship contender, then I'll come around. If not, then the blame still goes squarely on Melo for forcing a trade just so he could get more money.

The guy has already made over $100 mil in his career. What he did was the epitome and true definition of greed. We would be championship contenders this year with Felton, Fields, Melo Amare, Mozgov, Gallo, Douglas, Randolph, etc, if he waited.

A team of Billups, Melo, Amare, Fields, Turiaf + scraps is not contending for anything and will be much worse than many people on this site want to believe.

If his greed eliminates any chance at building a contender, then I'm sorry, I can't forgive him. If not, then great. I'll support him 100%. But as I said, the verdict is not in yet for me.

pat

Starter
If his greed eliminates any chance at building a contender, then I'm sorry, I can't forgive him. If not, then great. I'll support him 100%. But as I said, the verdict is not in yet for me.

+ I am not convinced that Melo's iso-style can win a championship. Just compare what Dallas did to Miami's effort last season. I do not doubt that he is an outstanding go-to-guy, but the price we pay for that in terms of movement on the offensive end could be too high. Bu just like LJ, I would be very happy if he proved me wrong.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The verdict is still not in, for me. Just waiting for the new CBA and to see what our options are for building a team around Amare and Melo. If there is a favorable CBA and we can still build a championship contender, then I'll come around. If not, then the blame still goes squarely on Melo for forcing a trade just so he could get more money.

The guy has already made over $100 mil in his career. What he did was the epitome and true definition of greed. We would be championship contenders this year with Felton, Fields, Melo Amare, Mozgov, Gallo, Douglas, Randolph, etc, if he waited.

You make it tough for me to conjure up any more blind faith than I already have. I agree completely. There was no withholding the sole purpose of this trade by its 3 chief enthusiasts - Melo, Blah Blah and Dolan (Colon): G.R.E.E.D. To deny it is to flatly refuse the obvious.

A team of Billups, Melo, Amare, Fields, Turiaf + scraps is not contending for anything and will be much worse than many people on this site want to believe.

I think that's entirely fair.

I voiced my disdain for the circumstances of Melo's NY arrival. But the proceeding Buzzer Beaters, big nights, Heat win - of course - the flashes of defensive brilliance, all had me nay saying my own nay saying. A bit of unconditional O&B love, I suppose. I'm no exception.

But, to all those who've bothered to actually read LJ's post(s), he is, as he always has, speaking the cold had truth.

Having agreed with what you've said, I'm still not willing to slander him until the hammer's fallen. I'll reserve final judgement until then.

A world of talent, potential immeasurable, a salary that should inspire, and a new CBA that will basically determine whether or not the Knicks ultimately failed to seize their window of opportunity.

A lot of pressure for one man's shoulders.

○ What do you say to the notion of Amar'e having an abysmal season? You'd almost consider the MAX contract he received worse with that history of injuries. And now the bad back to add to his repertoire. Which, out of his and Melo's contracts, holds the worst worst case scenario?

Red

TYPE-A

Hummm...

Greed? By your definition, you can't like ANY sport. All we see is "greedy" people.

I think what's relevant is the question:

Is it about the money or winning? Winners take less in pursuit of the overall goal. Money players will lose just to get paid.

It's not Melo's fault the market pays him what they feel he's worth. It's not his fault he was steadfast in his decision to leave when the opportunity presented itself.

Hate Dolan or Donnie if you want because you feel the value or deal was lopsided. But that's relative to many factors:

Player contracts going forward (Chandler, Gallo, etc...)
Team performance with little time under MOA
Ticket Sales and marketing

Looking back, forgetting the injuries and sweeps are you telling me Billups and Melo+ weren't worth Felt, Moz, Ar, Chandler and Gallo? Comon'

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Hummm...

Greed? By your definition, you can't like ANY sport. All we see is "greedy" people.

I disagree. While many players are greedy to a certain extant, the ones that have made over $100 mil and then demand a trade so they get more money and hurt a teams chances of winning a championship in the process are the ones I don't like. There is a big difference. Not every player did/does what Melo did.

Hummm...

I think what's relevant is the question:

Is it about the money or winning? Winners take less in pursuit of the overall goal. Money players will lose just to get paid.

Precisely. Melo chose money over winning. That is pretty clear, no matter how any fan tries to spin it. He said he would have signed with the Nets had we not traded for him. So obviously he didn't care about winning.

You can't deny we would be contenders next year if he simply waited. But he chose money instead. Now, because of his demands, we may never be contenders. We're not close right now, we need a lot more.

Hummm...

It's not Melo's fault the market pays him what they feel he's worth. It's not his fault he was steadfast in his decision to leave when the opportunity presented itself.

I am not blaming Melo for his market value. And it is his fault for leaving when he chose. Nobody else's. He was a free agent this offseason. He could of and should of waited, like every other free agent this year. But he wanted money more than anything. He said so himself. He was going to the Nets if we didn't trade for him.

Hummm...

Looking back, forgetting the injuries and sweeps are you telling me Billups and Melo+ weren't worth Felt, Moz, Ar, Chandler and Gallo? Comon'

Yes, that is what I'm saying. But more to the fact that we have no draft picks, assets, or flexibility now to build a championship contender if a more restrictive CBA is in place. We gave far too much for Melo and Billups. He wasn't worth it. There are a dozen or so realistic scenarios of free agent signings and trades that I can think of that would have made the Knicks a far superior team than the one we may be stuck with now.