Chris Sheridan says the sides are closer than we think

I think he's too optimistic. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if this happened, but the most realistic scenario is a 50 game season starting at some point in December.

I hope he's right though, but in fact he doesn't know a thing, 'important people have told him important things', yeah right.

The 50 game season idea came from coaches and players during the European basketball championship - Nowitzki, Gasol and the German HC who has some good contacts to NBA coaches.

Maybe it holds weight..

CBA Meeting Scheduled For Wednesday

Sep 06, 2011 11:52 AM EDT
Hunter_Billy_nba_110711.jpg
Representatives from the NBA and NBPA will meet again on Wednesday, according to sources.
The meeting will be just the third since the lockout began on July 1st, but if Wednesday's meeting produces productive results, the sides may pick up the pace and meet again on Thursday and Friday.
David Stern, Adam Silver, Peter Holt, Billy Hunter, Ron Klempner and Derek Fisher will again be in attendance.
Sources say the tone of last week's meeting was positive and the sides came away more optimistic that the season could be salvaged.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215478/CBA_Meeting_Scheduled_For_Wednesday#ixzz1XComfZ53

I think the NFL being able to save it's season puts a lot of pressure on the NBA and they know this. It'll make them look pretty bad if they can't get their shit right even losing a just a couple games is something they really don't wanna do right now.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Certainly a lot of positive vibes being put out by those in the throes. Fingers crossed that we get at least 70 games, and that NBA League Pass Broadband isn't full price.