Mozgov Amazing

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Nets didn't give up much? Are you high?

They gave up an athletic 6'10 forward in Derrick Favors (who has a higher ceiling than Gallo or Chandler or AR ever will) and Devin Harris (who is way better than Raymond Felton, the stats don't show it sometimes because Mike D's system inflates scoring and assist stats) as well as two draft picks, and you think we could have gotten D-Will with Felton, Gallo, and a pick?

It would have cost us Felton, Gallo, Chandler, and probably TWO picks. Yes, I do believe that the Jazz valued Derrick Favors that highly.

I really don't think there's THAT much of a disparity between Felton and Harris. Harris proved his lack of worth as a PG over the last 2 seasons, IMO. Basically a poor [very poor at that] man's Derrick Rose. And hardly a play maker, either. Felton, I think, is a far more complimentary PG.

We gave up a lot more in our deal but at least we brought back roleplayers and upgraded the PG spot WHILE bringing in a superstar (whereas if we traded for D-Will we would have had to resort to playing garbage players for SF and PF with only a replacement PG.

That's true. Again, we speculate: could have been another multiple team trade with a much more favorable outcome.

Anyway, I'd like to make it very clear that I'm happy with our roster through spots 1~4. The focal issues remaining are: propensity to get the most out of those 4 spots with D'Antoni and Woodson on both ends - as well as utilizing a second unit effectively -, and, most importantly/off topically, our approach toward pursuing CP3 VS building a complete team with our limited cap flexibility. Thanks Carmelo.

What are we honestly going to offer N.O? As an estimated offer, I assume we'd lay out Billups, Fields, Shumpert and trade whoever we can to add picks other than our sole 2014 second rounder.

As if they'll bite on that! NBA owned or no. Even if they're forced in to contraction, which is unlikely, I think we should build on what we have, starting at the 5. There'll be FAR better offers for CP3 than anything we can dream of cooking up.

Thusly, Shumpert's play will be crucial this year, and I'm glad he's beginning a career under the tutelage of Billups.:peace:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Felton isn't much of a playmaker either. He had a hot streak when he was with D'Antoni but then fell down to Earth - for a period of time it looked like he could win a spot on the All-Star team and then we realized that he was just on a hot shooting streak and that he was actually nowhere near the shooter he was in December.

I would take Harris over Felton - Harris averaged 7.6 APG in a very slow-paced team and Felton averaged 9.0 APG on a very fast-paced team. It doesn't help that both of them have terrible shot selection, though.

Frankly I think the deal would have turned out the same either way. I'd rather get an elite wing player than an elite PG, just my opinion.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Felton isn't much of a playmaker either. He had a hot streak when he was with D'Antoni but then fell down to Earth - for a period of time it looked like he could win a spot on the All-Star team and then we realized that he was just on a hot shooting streak and that he was actually nowhere near the shooter he was in December.

I would take Harris over Felton - Harris averaged 7.6 APG in a very slow-paced team and Felton averaged 9.0 APG on a very fast-paced team. It doesn't help that both of them have terrible shot selection, though.

Frankly I think the deal would have turned out the same either way. I'd rather get an elite wing player than an elite PG, just my opinion.
Unless Melo is consistent with his defense, D-Will would have been the better choice to go along with Amar'e. Not that I'm complaining. I love Melo and he's on the team his favorite player was on (was Melo's favorite team the Knicks growing up?). Plus, D-Will is over here in my state now so all is good with me!

As far as Harris goes, comparing him and Felton is kinda hard. Harris has been injured a lot. Even in his All-Star season he had an injury that might have cost the Nets making the Playoffs. Neither player are your ideal PG, aint too shabby though. When Harris had Carter, that might have been the reason why he got to do the damage he did. Felton also had Amar'e. Unlike Harris that season, Felton fell off after a couple of months (being played too much like Duhon did, not that Duhon was anywhere near Felton). Hopefully Felton and Harris have a healthy season so we can have a better judgement. Glad Felton isn't in a Nuggets uniform anymore. Unlike their uniforms, the Blazers' uniforms fits Felton's toughness and look much more. Plus, he'll be much more interesting there as he can do more. The Blazers never stop finding a way to be able to compete do they? Happy for them.

Kiyaman

Legend
We all are bored....passing-time during this lockout

here we go again
lets hold onto this guy who avg 2 ppg and like 3 rebs a game
and randolph who shoots nothing but bricks, and only looks good on a team like the timberwolves
and jordan hill who averages 5 ppg and 5 rebounds, being placed on the bench behind a 6 foot 6 center on the rockets lol

lets hold onto these chumps for Carmelo anthony and Chauncy Billups
Kiya would love for the knicks to be the timberwolves for the next 5 years.

I love it.

Its hard to figure u out........ your response to my post directed at
bashing headcoach Dantoni's biggest flaw as a coach....he still use
a small-rotation (and small lineup) of 6 to 7 (exhausted) players,
while DNP 6 to 8 (healthy) bench-players in his rotation. It was cool
and accepted in Phoenix having 3 to 4 all-star players on the roster,
the Knicks barely had one all-star on their roster in the past 3 seasons.

I read and listen to alot of sports writers and commentators speak on
how well Dantoni's system improve players talents by lifting their stats....
but never do these sports analyst mention how this same "system" actually
deletes 8 to 7 players from participating in the rotation within a season.
A "system" that has consistantly lowered the trade-value and FA value
of 8 or more of (Phoenix/Knicks) players each season.

u wrote about Anthony Randolph and Jordan Hill, what u didnt write was
these two players "trade-value" were high untill being coached by Dantoni.
Felton & Gerald Wallace duo can not be compared to a tandem of Felton
and unstoppable Amare. The sameway Amare performance lifted a lot of
his former frontcourt/backcourt teammates performance he couldve did
the same with teammates on the Knicks....if they werent DNP.

So far the best two trades the Knicks made in the last 15 years were by
GM Ernie Grunfield and Owner James Dolan.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:
RESPECT
Kiya