Roger Mason, 1.8mil.....................poooof

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this lockout nonsense, but when I read and hear Roger Mason name even mentioned in a labor dispute, it makes my skin crawl. This guy makes what 1.8 mil to sit at the end of the bench and wait for garbage time...that comes to what about 25k a game...??
I'm gonna love to see guy's like him and the Nocioni's of the world who make 5mil plus, for 8 minutes a game and 3pts a game average. Just watch that money go up in smoke while week after week gets cancelled...Guy's like Mason and the like, are not even gonna be in the league in (2) years and he's fighting for what...?? the next generation of greedy NBA players making 5mil for sitting and waiting for garbage time. Gonna be tuff on the workers around the arena's but I'm gonna love just watching those bullsh*t NBA player's like Roger friggin Mason's money go POOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFF!! :barf:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
He doesn't know how much time left he has in the NBA, we don't know whether he's still in the business after the 2011/12 season or maybe leaves the league and starts playing overseas or even retires. But nowhere else he gets paid as good as here. And that's why he simply wants to make as much $$$ as possible, he's just fighting for his financial stability.

I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this lockout nonsense, but when I read and hear Roger Mason name even mentioned in a labor dispute, it makes my skin crawl. This guy makes what 1.8 mil to sit at the end of the bench and wait for garbage time...that comes to what about 25k a game...??
I'm gonna love to see guy's like him and the Nocioni's of the world who make 5mil plus, for 8 minutes a game and 3pts a game average. Just watch that money go up in smoke while week after week gets cancelled...Guy's like Mason and the like, are not even gonna be in the league in (2) years and he's fighting for what...?? the next generation of greedy NBA players making 5mil for sitting and waiting for garbage time. Gonna be tuff on the workers around the arena's but I'm gonna love just watching those bullsh*t NBA player's like Roger friggin Mason's money go POOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFF!! :barf:

dude

:aplause: Congrats

on winning the

you obviously have no clue what you are talking about award.

Roger Mason JR

is the

VICE president of the NBA players UNION

explain to me how and why there is any reason he shouldnt be involved in the Labor Dispute

this thread is an epic fail
:td:

so let me guess derek fisher should be quiet too ?

hes only the president of the players union .

fool. :whack:

New New York

Quiet Storm
dude

:aplause: Congrats

on winning the

you obviously have no clue what you are talking about award.

Roger Mason JR

is the

VICE president of the NBA players UNION

explain to me how and why there is any reason he shouldnt be involved in the Labor Dispute

this thread is an epic fail
:td:

so let me guess derek fisher should be quiet too ?

hes only the president of the players union .

fool. :whack:

allow me to gently second this notion made by Mr. Harper by pointing out that the NBA player's Union (or any union for that matter) thrives on representation of the average worker

If you have a Union made up of all Lebron James and Kobe then the interest of the average player are not met for the most part. Derek Fisher is not the President because of his championship rings and the name recognition its that he has the smarts to do it, on the court ability has nothing to do with anything

Roger Mason is a really intelligent guy and him making 1.8 gives credability to the players

If the Players Union were run by the elite it would mirror our political system that has men making more than 4x the average American salary of total household income deciding what is best for our nation as a whole....point being you need more than anything some one who relates to the
little guys

pat

Starter
Additionally I would like to point out that the value of a player cannot be measured by minutes played. Locker room presence, and impact on work ethics during work outs have to be considered as well. Furthermore Mason's salary can also be explained by the fact that he does not get any endorsement deals (in contrast to stars and superstars).

Kiyaman

Legend
When u dont know....u should ask somebody

NBA Lockout Fan Debate: Stop Blaming the Players

Its true about the NBA players salary being more than what alot of people
may earn in a lifetime, its also true that the average NBA player career in
the NBA is 5 years, and their first 4 year salary in the NBA is under $3M per.
The NBA is an indoor sport that gathers a large mass of low-income
and high-income fans of all races (plus the excitement from the huge
fan-base of famous entertainers attending the game).
The NBA having such a huge suportive fan-base to gross billions of dollars
each season the players salary should gross into the millions each season.
The players are the product the fans come to see....Kobe Bryant's name
has sold out many arenas so he gross $24M per, Mason Jr. is a veteran of
the game for 15 minutes of playingtime plus he's great for the morale of his
teammates in the lockerroom and practice so he gross $1.8M per..
Nocioni is a multi-postional 6th or 7th man off the bench so he gross $5M per..

p0nder

Starter
Honestly i'm tired of discussing what players make and who's the "poor" player and the "poor" owners in this mess. I honestly don't care. I care about ball and someone better play some soon or i'm gonna lose it!

p0nder

Starter
But i also wanted to mention that 60% of players go into bankruptcy after retirement. That's insane!! If i made their money for a year I'd be set for the rest of my life. Or at least it would be a heck of a lot easier! Someone should start teaching the NBA players Money Management skills.

But i also wanted to mention that 60% of players go into bankruptcy after retirement. That's insane!! If i made their money for a year I'd be set for the rest of my life. Or at least it would be a heck of a lot easier! Someone should start teaching the NBA players Money Management skills.

dont let bankruptcy fool you

bankruptcy is for some a sliding scale

in that you can have 10 million in the bank, but have expenses well over 20 million to dish out; that is when you claim bankruptcy, then you owe over a longer period of time money to the bank

it doesnt mean you go broke

it just means you now owe the bank who just took on your debt, and if you dont pay the bank then you file chapter 13 which is where they begin liquidating your assets, then your screwed.

Paul1355

All Star
Mason, Evans, and Fisher, probably won't be on a team in a few years, so yes they aren't fighting for themselves...they are fighting for the players as a whole...who i think are beeing greedy along with the owners. No one should feel sympathy in these talks.

If they cared about the fans as much as they say they do then we'd have basketball right now. I rest my case.

pat

Starter
If they cared about the fans as much as they say they do then we'd have basketball right now. I rest my case.

My brother in law is a orthopaedist. Initially he had a pretty low opinion of MD who patch up players so that they could continue playing. Lately he changed his opinion. The point is this: the average pro has got a very short timespan to make enough money for the rest of his life. So they need to make as many $ as possible. This is even more true since players enter the league without a degree more often than not these days. Under these circumstances I believe it to be fairly reasonable that players should get more than 50 per cent of the BRI, especially if owners are free to collect more (if not all) of the non-BRI. They are the product being sold.

Where I do not agree with the players is their stance on a hard cap. I can see that this would help to make the league more interesting. However, the Knicks and the Spurs are the perfect example of the other view that the size of the market is relatively unimportant and that depends more on GM skills than on the dollars you can spend.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Mason, Evans, and Fisher, probably won't be on a team in a few years, so yes they aren't fighting for themselves...they are fighting for the players as a whole...who i think are beeing greedy along with the owners. No one should feel sympathy in these talks.

didnt the players try to take 6% less of basketball revenue?

Kiyaman

Legend
My brother in law is a orthopaedist. Initially he had a pretty low opinion of MD who patch up players so that they could continue playing. Lately he changed his opinion. The point is this: the average pro has got a very short timespan to make enough money for the rest of his life. So they need to make as many $ as possible. This is even more true since players enter the league without a degree more often than not these days. Under these circumstances I believe it to be fairly reasonable that players should get more than 50 per cent of the BRI, especially if owners are free to collect more (if not all) of the non-BRI. They are the product being sold.

Where I do not agree with the players is their stance on a hard cap. I can see that this would help to make the league more interesting. However, the Knicks and the Spurs are the perfect example of the other view that the size of the market is relatively unimportant and that depends more on GM skills than on the dollars you can spend.

Great Point!

Although, I dont agree with a hardcap for the next decade b/c of
consistent lottery teams (cheap owners hiring bum GM/coaches)
will draft superstars performers who will be locked to that team under
a hardcap just to receive a higher pay raise at the end of their rookie
contract.
A hardcap with a new "super luxury tax" a doubled tax from the previous
luxury-tax to stop the best from being teammates with the best. Outrageous!
This type of hardcap stops the future competitive growth of the NBA.

When u look at the 20 year history of the Clippers, Minnesota, Golden State,
who drafted so many star-players to trade them for cash and
lesser players, I could not put a hardcap under superstars Griffin, Love,
and Stephen Curry to be force to spend their young career on a team
that is not interested in winning.

Truth be said....Im wondering if this new CBA negotiation is trying to stop
the "Heat & Knicks" from becoming the two top super-star teams
during the next 5 seasons. The two cant be stopped they are already
established.

The "Lebron Decision" was an invitation to star players willing to take a
paycut could join Miami within the next 5 seasons.
Knicks owner Dolan did a better job at empting all the Knicks future contracts
in one deal than his GM Walsh did in 3 seasons, plus Dolan added a 6 year
superstar keeper in that one deal. Dolan was so happy he gave himself a
raise by raising the ticket prices a week after that one deal.
Billups $14M and Turiaf $4M comes off the books when D.Howard, CP3,
and Deron are FA...