This is not a troll post. This is coming from a very conflicted fan who knows he won't get any reassurance, so this thread is just for conversation, be it optimism or pessimism.
The question is simple: Do you BELIEVE in our team?
Call me crazy, call me a Knick fan....but I believed there was a semblance of hope that the Knicks could make big moves to acquire CP3. There was a shade of writing on the wall, and even though I knew the chance was slimmer than slim, the door has all but shut now that Doc Rivers is moving to the Clips (HALLELUJAH ATLANTIC DIVISION!!....although with our luck, Celtics will land lottery pick Wiggins next year and we'll all groan).
Anyway, with all the talk of:
- CP3 completely off the table
- JR Smith opting out and may be pursued by the Suns
- Copeland turning down his QO and may be offered Novak-money by the Pelicans
- Prigioni not a lock to return
.....how do you feel about our position? I feel like ****.
Even if all these players return, and the Knicks draft a big man who can rebound, defend, and maybe put the ball in the hoop a couple times, I am still worried about our outlook ahead.
- The Pacers somehow get to pick before us in the draft, which just blows
- Chi-town gets D-Rose back
- Miami will add a big man and get even stronger
- The Nets are a HUGE wildcard with Kidd at the coach.....and they will be even MORE prepared when they play the Knicks
- Atlanta has the opportunity to get either very good or even worse this offseason with all the cap room they have.
Anyway my point is that with the exception of the Celtics, the East is only getting better. And with the Knicks alleged intentions of making minimal moves, it doesn't look like we are going to get better through acquisitions...it has to come from within.
There are too many question marks for me to remain an optimist:
- Who will backup RayRay.....Can RayRay even win a championship at this level?
- Can Shump stay healthy.....will he continue to improve and make smarter decisions?
- Can Tyson develop a post game or jump-shot this late in his career? (we've all seen his jumpshot, it's money sometimes!)
- Will Melo ever be anything more than what he is....a scorer (and damn good rebounder)?
- Will JR Smith ever be consistent?
- Will Woodson stop being out-coached in playoff games?
- Will the Knicks acquire some god-damn YOUTH so we can stay relatively healthy?!
- ...and the $1Million question....AMAR'E STOUDEMIRE.....What can YOU do for us NOW?
I dunno if this post is a rant, a question, or what? But I do know that with our roster, I'm concerned. I'm concerned about health, consistency, age, and schemes. These are not concerns for championship contenders.
I'll tell you what I do believe in however. I believe in #KNICKSTAPE....That is, the collective mindset of our group. The ****iness and swagger that is NYC basketball. The heart and soul of Orange and Blue pride. The belief that we can and will win. Sometimes that's all you need, is to believe....damn the rest.
That's all I have to say. I love Copeland and hope we can retain him. But I'm not sure about JR Smith. JR has developed into a MONSTER of a defender, but despite all the greatness he gives us, he takes it all away with bad shot after bad shot. It will never change, EVER.....and that's the truth. God bless and looking forward to the DRAFT!!