NBA players go to the mattresses

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I hate that this could lead to a even shorter season (possibly 50 games), but i agree with what the NBAPA is doing. You have to draw a line in the sand. I think the players should get a higher overall share of the pie and they need to take it to the next level if theyre going to ensure they get that. I hope it works out for them. F the owners.

Again..

Hate the move and what it means for us fans, but i understand.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Of course they have their rights and if I were NBA commissioner right now I would be calling the owners to ask them where else they can move to make the union take their decision back and accept the offer. But that's not happening and personally I'm about to start watching Euroleague/Eurocup... as I many times said, I'm on the owners' side, but right now it's about time to give the players what they want.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I hate that this could lead to a even shorter season (possibly 50 games), but i agree with what the NBAPA is doing. You have to draw a line in the sand. I think the players should get a higher overall share of the pie and they need to take it to the next level if theyre going to ensure they get that. I hope it works out for them. F the owners.

Again..

Hate the move and what it means for us fans, but i understand.

This is not "drawing the line in the sand", this is blowing up the whole beach!!! Look the player's Union got to a point in negotiation where they simply lost leverage and this is an attempt at getting some of that leverage back

Billy Hunter and Derrick Fisher was playing hardball back in September and October which is when neither side had an advantage, had they come down to 50/50 then, I assure you the system issues would have been met in the manner they were seeking, they waited til now when all the leverage is with the owners and then saw the owners take a hard stance and now they file this Anti trust claim

Just plain Stupid!!!

Then you have these players who are truly uninformed and are just following suit at this point, they are allowing Billy Hunter and Derrick Fisher to tell them how they think! Keyon Dooling said that the vote was unanimous to not take this deal, this only tells me that the deal was not presented in an unbiased manner!

Mark my words.....NO WAY THE PLAYERS COME OUT OF THIS WITH A BETTER DEAL THAN THE ONE THEY JUST REJECTED!!!!!

Of course they have their rights and if I were NBA commissioner right now I would be calling the owners to ask them where else they can move to make the union take their decision back and accept the offer. But that's not happening and personally I'm about to start watching Euroleague/Eurocup... as I many times said, I'm on the owners' side, but right now it's about time to give the players what they want.

This is exactly what The Union is banking on....problem is there are many owners who are not only willing but are hopeful for a season lockout!!!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
This is not "drawing the line in the sand", this is blowing up the whole beach!!! Look the player's Union got to a point in negotiation where they simply lost leverage and this is an attempt at getting some of that leverage back

Billy Hunter and Derrick Fisher was playing hardball back in September and October which is when neither side had an advantage, had they come down to 50/50 then, I assure you the system issues would have been met in the manner they were seeking, they waited til now when all the leverage is with the owners and then saw the owners take a hard stance and now they file this Anti trust claim

Just plain Stupid!!!

Then you have these players who are truly uninformed and are just following suit at this point, they are allowing Billy Hunter and Derrick Fisher to tell them how they think! Keyon Dooling said that the vote was unanimous to not take this deal, this only tells me that the deal was not presented in an unbiased manner!

Mark my words.....NO WAY THE PLAYERS COME OUT OF THIS WITH A BETTER DEAL THAN THE ONE THEY JUST REJECTED!!!!!

This is exactly what The Union is banking on....problem is there are many owners who are not only willing but are hopeful for a season lockout!!!

When you mentioned that this is an attempt to regain leverage that is exactly what i was saying in the my post you quoted. We just said it in different ways. I said they drew a line in the sand and they had to when they found the owners to be unwilling to budge on the structural issues that allow flexibility with regard to player movement etc. I dont believe they "blew up the beach as you say". The players have made enough concessions. The owners had pushed too much already. This move was needed. Now they can go on offense and force the owners to get their house in order. The hiring of this guy Bois was a good move. It wont get easier for the owners from here on out. They may be forced back to the bargaining table. We will see. The new developments absolutely do not mean the season is over. I believe we will see some games this yr. Probably around 50 like i said.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
The Principal Player Complaint

I took a quick look at the principal antitrust complaint filed on behalf of the players in the Northern District of California.

The claim is that the owners have illegally agreed to boycott the players, but the starting date of the illegal agreement is November 14, 2011. Prior to that time they were in collective bargaining.

Stern indicated that the current contracts with players would be terminated by their terms if the union disbands. If that is correct, then it appears that any of the franchises could start signing players -- any players -- at any time. They are all unrestricted free agents. Lets make an offer to Blake Griffin and Kevin Durant!

This could be interesting, but, of course, the owners are unlikely to begin a bidding war for players although, if they did so, the law suits would disappear.

Kiyaman

Legend
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/POLLSERVER/results/57190.html

Do the players still think the fans are on their side?

Angry fans answered that poll.

Angry Cavs fans said they would not buy tickets when Miami came to
town....we all know how that turned-out....angry fans sold-out Cavs
stadium to show their hate towards Miami Lebron James twice.

Here is a real Poll question....
Why did the players union refuse to agree with the owners?
1) BRI percentage?
2) Hard-Cap rules?
3) There was no negotiation between players-union vs owners-representive?
4) All of the above?

Those fans who answered the poll would be the first fans calling the
players-union idiots a month into the season when they see the new
CBA hardcap rules for the next ten years.
Knicks-fans will be pissed off at how the new hard-cap rules affect
the Knicks and owner Dollan spending spree.

Im betting on the owners kicking Stern to the side, and making a
settlement with the players before due process subpena their past
5 year books to prove a loss in profit.

What about replacement players?

I think I would watch it on TV, especially with us having so many great streetball players in the NY area, plus Dolan's cash could secure the best non pro players in the country.

At the end of the day it could be an NBA championship for us, and that's all that matters...whether it's Melo and STAT or some now unknown players raising the trophy doesn't really matter at the end of the day, they'll become new superstars very very fast these times.

For me all that matters is the fact we win and we have some great players who play their hearts out and bring success to NY. I don't care about names or celebrity status, f that.

Bring in the Skip to my Lous, Corey 'Homicide' Williams's, Earl 'The Goat' Manigaults and let's rock again!

We'll forget about STAT et al quicker than the blink of an eye.