Hunt For The Right Center - Good Article

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

I'm pretty sure that's right. The player who has been released via the amnesty clause becomes a FA, and can sign with any team.

There was some sort of talk about only teams under the cap being able to sign these players, though I'm not sure. That isn't the Knicks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coach Anthony Macri is Director of Business Development and a Player Development Consultant for the Pro Training Center. Anthony works closely with NBA trainer David Thorpe, and writes the weekly Coach’s Notebook column for HOOPSWORLD.

phpThumb.php

dyrese
now that the lockout is over will jerome jordan be joinings the knicks or will he play overseas?

Anthony Macri
Happy Tuesday morning everybody! I’m here at my new chat day and time, hoping to discuss some NBA with everybody. Lo and behold, there is a season to be had after all! Plenty to discuss, let’s get right to it.

Could not tell you Jerome Jordan’s individual plans but I would expect most NBA players to find their way back to the league pretty quickly, provided they didn’t sign in China with no escape til the end of the season there. Jordan should not be any different.

dyrese
what do you think about josh harrelson i think he can be a good pf/c he has desire to play hard any projections on what he play like?i see him as the guy who will do all the dirtywork

Anthony Macri
I think he is a solid guy who will earn rotation minutes and have a long career. 6’10 guys that can handle the ball enough to not make bad decisions in screen roll and dribble handoff situations are rare, and he also has some size to boot. He isn’t a scoring threat in the post, but he doesn’t have to be, on the right team, he can give a little versatility along with his size.

Red

TYPE-A
Even if we get a scrap heap player ala Kurt Thomas or Kwame Brown etc...

They would HAVE to play 2nd fiddle backing up Jerome Jordan.

Jordan is our center for the future (we better hope) because our big 3 CP3 plan hinges on him being so. He is going to need starter minutes to learn the system and flourish. He and Jorts must fit most of our big man needs I.e.

Rebounding, patrolling the paint, setting screens, clearing out, providing help defense, depth

Scoring is NOT at the top of our list. In order for our money plans to work Jerome Jordan and Jorts MUST fit within our system, and this is the last and only year to get experience.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Even if we get a scrap heap player ala Kurt Thomas or Kwame Brown etc...

They would HAVE to play 2nd fiddle backing up Jerome Jordan.

Jordan is our center for the future (we better hope) because our big 3 CP3 plan hinges on him being so. He is going to need starter minutes to learn the system and flourish. He and Jorts must fit most of our big man needs I.e.

Rebounding, patrolling the paint, setting screens, clearing out, providing help defense, depth

Scoring is NOT at the top of our list. In order for our money plans to work Jerome Jordan and Jorts MUST fit within our system, and this is the last and only year to get experience.

This is why the coaching staff's job is sooo important. We already have size in the paint to work with. We just need a coaching staff to get these guys to improve at the NBA level. No more focusing on running for quick open shots! We'd be much better off financially if our draft picks filled much needed voids.

Red

TYPE-A
This is why the coaching staff's job is sooo important. We already have size in the paint to work with. We just need a coaching staff to get these guys to improve at the NBA level. No more focusing on running for quick open shots! We'd be much better off financially if our draft picks filled much needed voids.

You and I both know MOA isn't that guy. That makes Mike Woodson added to Jerome Jordan (last year) and Jorts, the most important Knick acqusitions. They're our only hopes.

Wishful thinking that MOA will revamp his philosophy... almost fantastical

richtree

Rotation player
As long as Jared Jeffries $884,293-- is off the squad.....

Kwame plays tuff and mixes it up -- Ill take him on the cheap if we can't get DeAndre Jordan type...

we need some muscle and anger under there

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Renting Robin

I'm all for renting Robin Lopez. His size and athleticism makes for a great off-the-bench player than a starter as per the Knicks' 3-headed-center method. That said, I really fear for Dalembert as a Knick, starter or not, simply because of his age and asking price.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I kind of feel the same way about Jared Jeffries. Jeffries defense is not bad its good enough to consider bringing him back on the bench. The reason for everyone hating him is mostly because of his contract, if was payed a role players salary the hatred would lessen. Don't get me wrong he is kind of dumb and makes mistakes, but for the right price can help the Knicks on defense.

Wargames, Robin's contract ends after the upcoming season. He would be a rental, and players play their best when their contract is about to expire. He is inexpensive and might be a surprise like some on the Knicks last season like Fields and Seane Williams. The trade won't be for Iman, the Knicks will not go for that. It would be for Walker or Rautins with maybe cash. The Suns have to be crazy to ask for Iman because this is not an option for them. See why I think Suns will go for the trade on my comments above.

Please no. Anyone but Jeffries. Resign Earl Barron before him. Give you same hustle and defense, with size and a decent mid-range jumper.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Our best chance has always depended on whether or not Jordan could cut it at the NBA level. He plays a position we REALLY need and he has the size. I'm almost positive Turiaf won't return next season so that means Jorts and Jordan have to make good progress this season. If NYK is serious about going after CP3 and risking cap space then this has to be the way going forward.

If all the stars are aligned for the knicks, these events will occur:

-CP3 refuses to sign an extention with anyone not named NYK and takes a sizeable pay cut to play here (in the offseason).

-Shump, Jorts and Jordan all have a solid season and earn permanent spots on the team.

-Guys like Walker, TD and Williams agree to remain in NY for no more than the minimum they qualify for.

-Wilson Chandler returns for the minimum.

These are an unlikely string of events, but not impossible. :crossfingers: