Quick Fix Off-Season

CA7

Scoring Champ
Signings

Delonte West- Combo guard, great defender, can spot up, run the fast break and will sign a 1 year deal

Shane Battier- Can be had for a 2 year deal, lock down defender, perfect back up for Melo and can teach him how to be an effective defender on everyone not just LeBron, knocks down the corner 3 well, great locker room presence

Carl Landry- This one can be really hurtful on CP3 cap space but his deal could be structured to work out well for us, he will be the perfect back up to STAT, has a solid jump shot, solid rebounder, he's just solid all around, New Orleans will pull out all stops to re-sign David West which may mean letting Landry walk as guys like him are easy to come by, his production will be similar to Taj Gibson is Chicago

Ben Hansbrough- Undrafted Rookie, who has a high IQ, great jumper and most say just as good a Jimmer, he will be a great #3 PG and potential back up

Shawne Williams- I think he's worth a 1 year deal and could be a valuable as we will look to rest STAT especially on back to back to backs and when we have 5 game weeks

Trades

Ian Mahinmi- I think he will thrive for us in every way, Dallas has 4 FA they want back(Chandler, Butler, Barea and Stevenson), if we send them Bill Walker, Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson, 3mil cash and a 2nd rounder for Ian Mahinmi they can let either Stevenson or Barea walk and focus on Butler and Chandler, Harrelson could take over as their #3 Center and the cash while Cuban doesnt need it can help with the new tax rules, every penny counts now.

Depth Chart
C- Mahinmi-Turiaf-Jordan
F- Stoudemire-Landry
F- Anthony-Battier-Williams
G- Fields-Shumpert
G- Billups-West-Hansbrough

I love this team right here because we have a great balance of offense, defense, athleticism, experience and youth

finestrg

Rotation player
Good thoughts. I'm with you on Hansbrough 100%...Battier and Landry might ask for more than 1-yr deals though I'm thinking..If we don't give it to them, someone else probably will..Hey maybe I'm wrong -- I'd take either guy provided the price is right (it'd have to be on 1-yr deals -- no way you let Battier or a Carl Landry on a multi-year deal take you right out of the CP3 sweepstakes, esp. knowing that the guy wants to come here and play with Melo & STAT)...I think Shawne Williams will be back. Just read that he's been working out with STAT in Florida every day. Anxious to see what kind of salary he'll be looking for off the good year...I just hope they have a backup plan ready to go just in case Williams and his agent decide to hold us up and play hard ball...

Good call on Mahinmi..I definitely could be down for trading for this kid, although that feels like a lot to give up for him. Like we talked about the other day bro, if Cuban wanted to throw in the rights to Nick Calathes say, now we're talking. That would feel more like an even deal..For what it's worth I just threw it out to Dallas fans on the Dallas Realgm board just trying to gain a little perspective into Calathes & Mahinmi. Dallas fans should have a little better idea what plans the Mavs have for these two than I do..I'll be checking in now and then to see what they have to say. Here's the link:
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1138660&p=29222098#p29222098

Kiyaman

Legend
Great selection of players.
I only like Carl Landry & Shane Battier out of the bunch....here is the
reason why their teams wont let them go.......

Knicks adding Carl Landry is like we kept Wilson Chandler consistency on
offense/defense.

Knicks adding Shane Battier will not only improve rookie centers Jordan &
Jorts talents each game but Battier leadership will help Amare/Melo co-exist
vs different types of oponents this season.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Signings

Delonte West- Combo guard, great defender, can spot up, run the fast break and will sign a 1 year deal

Shane Battier- Can be had for a 2 year deal, lock down defender, perfect back up for Melo and can teach him how to be an effective defender on everyone not just LeBron, knocks down the corner 3 well, great locker room presence

Carl Landry- This one can be really hurtful on CP3 cap space but his deal could be structured to work out well for us, he will be the perfect back up to STAT, has a solid jump shot, solid rebounder, he's just solid all around, New Orleans will pull out all stops to re-sign David West which may mean letting Landry walk as guys like him are easy to come by, his production will be similar to Taj Gibson is Chicago

Ben Hansbrough- Undrafted Rookie, who has a high IQ, great jumper and most say just as good a Jimmer, he will be a great #3 PG and potential back up

Shawne Williams- I think he's worth a 1 year deal and could be a valuable as we will look to rest STAT especially on back to back to backs and when we have 5 game weeks

Trades

Ian Mahinmi- I think he will thrive for us in every way, Dallas has 4 FA they want back(Chandler, Butler, Barea and Stevenson), if we send them Bill Walker, Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson, 3mil cash and a 2nd rounder for Ian Mahinmi they can let either Stevenson or Barea walk and focus on Butler and Chandler, Harrelson could take over as their #3 Center and the cash while Cuban doesnt need it can help with the new tax rules, every penny counts now.

Depth Chart
C- Mahinmi-Turiaf-Jordan
F- Stoudemire-Landry
F- Anthony-Battier-Williams
G- Fields-Shumpert
G- Billups-West-Hansbrough

I love this team right here because we have a great balance of offense, defense, athleticism, experience and youth

Other than Hansbrough, none of those guys will accept 1 year deals. They're still valuable enough role players for a team to give them at least 2 years. Williams is the only exception since he knows whats coming with this team and most likely wants to be part of it. Plus, I don't think he wants to leave.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Other than Hansbrough, none of those guys will accept 1 year deals. They're still valuable enough role players for a team to give them at least 2 years. Williams is the only exception since he knows whats coming with this team and most likely wants to be part of it. Plus, I don't think he wants to leave.
Delonte took the minimum with the Celtics for one year last season.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Don't really know how much stock we can put in this but Shawne himself has said he will take any contract that keeps him in ny